As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel] - NOW What?

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Is that a lot?

Honestly have zero clue when it comes to comic sales.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    100,000 is a huge smash hit

300,000 for a Rocket Raccoon book is bonkers and amazing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Only two comics in 2013 exceeded 300,000 copies in total sales, Walking Dead #115 and Justice League of America #1.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2013.html

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Amazing Spider-Man #1 hit 500'000 iirc. But that was this year.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Super happy for Skottie Young. He's been dealing with so much shit (as have a lot of artists) from redbubble he needs a break.

• Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    my guess:
    The Fury was an LMD. Explains why it didnt see anything in the Truth Bomb.

Bucky knows, and thats why he took the head, so he can get info from it.

Also: mid issue thing with the guy talking about getting more bullets?

my bet is its the real Fury, much older looking, and the other (which looked to be in SHIELD gear) was another LMD. So its Older original Fury with an army of LMDs.

I'm just annoyed at these magic bullets. I mean, geez, they even have shell casings, which screams low tech in terms of the Marvel Universe, yet can apparently can kill anything. I mean FFS, what'll they show next, a dead Celestial, and apparently all it takes is an M249 with Hulk Bullets?

Zyrxil on
  • Options
    Amazing Spider-Man #1 hit 500'000 iirc. But that was this year.

Yeah, 2014 seems to be a great year for comics sales already. I wouldn't be surprised if Ms. Marvel #1 cracks 300,000 after all the printings its gone through.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Is that counting digital sales?

Still can't fathom why those aren't officially counted if not.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    The way I understand it, digital sales are counted by the publishers, but Comixology doesn't release their actual sales numbers publicly for some reason.

• Options
    Amazon has the hardcover of Original Sin collecting issues 0 through 8 plus the 5 issue Original Sins mini.

• Options
    Hmmm, Moon Knight will continue by Brian Wood and Greg Smallwood starting on #7.

Moon-Knight-sketch-by-Greg-Smallwood.jpg?1401911796

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    What is Redbubble?

Brian Wood on Moon Knight, I'd have to wait and see what he does. I feel like he might go a bit too deep on his opinions with Moon Knight just there in the background (like issue #2 was, only on steroids)

• Options
    Despite having the first two trades and the Dark Angel saga on comixology (which I haven't read yet) I'm considering buying the UXF omnibus. 67 bucks for it on Amazon a good deal?

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Brian Wood could potentially do an immense Moon Knight series

• Options
    Wood says he's keeping the Ellis one-shot structure and overall surreal/weird tone so I'm down

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm down, but it was kind of a little off-putting how much they talked about Batman in that interview.

• Options
    I'm down, but it was kind of a little off-putting how much they talked about Batman in that interview.
    Considering most of it was "Here's how he is the exact opposite of Batman" I didn't mind

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I just feel like people ought to talk about what a thing is instead of what it isn't.

It's like commercials that spend the whole time talking about their competitor's product.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    What is Redbubble?

Brian Wood on Moon Knight, I'd have to wait and see what he does. I feel like he might go a bit too deep on his opinions with Moon Knight just there in the background (like issue #2 was, only on steroids)

I don't know what problems there might be, but Red Bubble, in theory, is a place you can sell prints of your art, shirts, stickers, that sort of thing. There's no upfront costs but you need to sell at least a hundred items before you start getting paid....or at least, that's how it worked back in 2010.

Made some nice shirts for myself, but that was about it.

• Options
    The problem is people using Skottie's and other's designs to sell their shirts. Apparently Red Bubble doesn't do enough to curb that.

Skottie Young was going on about it on twitter.

Then Charles Soule gave him legal advice.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Charles Soule seems like a really cool dude.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Yeah RedBubble is a site where people can sell their designs on T-shirts, posters, etc, without needing to own their own shop or go through the process of submitting a design to a site like Threadless or whatever. Think of it like CafePress, but with much, much higher quality products. You can find stuff on there you can't get anywhere else, and there are some really cool and creative people who use it.

Unfortunately there are also a fair number of people on RedBubble who just sell swag with other people's work they found on the internet on it, and the site's administrators don't seem to do much to police that.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    RedBubble is a cool concept, being run by shitheads willfully profiting from stolen work.

The thieves aren't even removing watermarks and signatures. Gee I wonder if Goku326 drew that Rocket Raccoon picture signed by Skottie Young.

• Options
    Yeah, I almost bought a couple of stuff before I realized what was going on.

• Options
  • Options
    Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular

I do not like that art at all.

XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    She-Hulk is one of those books that I would love to read (fan of the titular character, fan of the writer) but haven't been able to get into because the art for it has been so bad

• Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Always happy to see weirder art in big two books. Even if I don't always like it. Course, I've been all on board for everything about the She-Hulk book, including the art, so maybe I'm the wrong guy for this.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I really like the risks Ron Wimberly takes with his style. It may not look "right" sometimes, but it's got a real sense of life and motion to it.

Do yourself a favor and check out his book Prince of Cats. It's fantastic.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Pudilo's art was perfect for that book

this I am less sure about

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Has the Midas family been in anything else since the original Grant Morrison Marvel Boy miniseries from 2000? I was surprised to see Aaron feature them in Original Sin.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Not according to the unofficial Marvel wiki, at least.

Well, Oubliette was kind of in Young Avengers?

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular

And it has Tigra in it.

Why Marvel, my birthday isn't until September.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Ron Wimberly is great

Prince of Cats is super great, assuming you're interested in a hip-hop retelling of Romeo & Juliet set in an 80s NYC where katana duels are the main way of settling conflicts, and duelist rankings are tracked in zines

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    ...I might be.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    New She Hulk art looks like Aeon Flux to me...

I kinda like it. And I like Shocker.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Whoa almost a Peter Chung Aron flux vibe. Is he replacing the current artist or is this just a one-off thing?

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Whoa almost a Peter Chung Aron flux vibe. Is he replacing the current artist or is this just a one-off thing?

Guest arc.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    New Avengers #19, go Namor, you're the biggest hero of them all.

And boo Maximus. Lockjaw why aren't you keeping an eye on him?!

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    New Avengers #19, go Namor, you're the biggest hero of them all.

God dammit.
    The Not-Justice League are going to wind up sacrificing their own world, aren't they?

Because that's the noblest thing their awesome hero-world can do - give up their own world, which had a good run, for the people who still need a chance to turn shit around and become awesome.

H9f4bVe.png
This discussion has been closed.