As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 7/24/13 - That doesn't turn out well for anyone

BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
edited July 2013 in Graphic Violence
Young Avengers #8. Big issue, lots of big moments, but none bigger than this for fans of Gillen's previous work.
qVhWwZx.jpg
49srewf.jpg
5pcGegX.jpg
EtCXgkq.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Balefuego on

• Options
    KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Young Avengers #8. Big issue, lots of big moments, but none bigger than this for fans of Gillen's previous work.
    qVhWwZx.jpg
    49srewf.jpg
    5pcGegX.jpg
    EtCXgkq.jpg

Out of all the awesome, crazy things in this issue, this was the highlight for me. I actually "squeed" out loud. It was mildly be embarrassing.

Also the Hawkeye Annual, featuring Lady Hawkguy, was great, as usual.

Kiwi on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The Hawkeye annual had great writing, but I personally hated the art.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Hawkeye Annual #1 Lady Hawkguy takes a trip to L.A., and after some trouble, manages to make even more of an enemy out of Madam Masque
    zcMv6wD.png

uYrkTga.png

swo793d.jpg

New Avengers #8 T'Challa invites Namor over for a drink.
    2i4yHPG.jpg

QRJQLuL.jpg

T4jAOQ1.jpg

Uncanny Avengers #10 If there's one thing I never saw coming, it's Rogue and Thor verging on flirting with each other.
    jV6p96s.jpg

GYBgkOC.jpg

OivNq8u.jpg

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    That New Avengers moment was cold, yo.

• Options
    Uncanny Avengers also had Wanda and Alex getting snuggly at one point, and confirmed that Cap's harder edge in this book and other places is a result of his time in Dimension Z.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Oh shit!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Wanda's been acting oddly snuggly all over the place in UA. Simon, Cap, and now Alex.

• Options
    How could you not post this part from New Avengers #8
    wkIMKkw.jpg
    1EFuDVR.jpg
    JstR9LF.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    She's pulling a Madelyne Pryor to get her revenge on Cyclops. And Sinister is still out there....

Calling it now, Inferno 2 coming 2014.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    She's pulling a Madelyne Pryor to get her revenge on Cyclops. And Sinister is still out there....

Calling it now, Inferno 2 coming 2014.

There already was an Inferno 2, but it was written by CB Cebulski and so no one read it or remembers it and it vanished into the aether as it should have.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Hunger #1 Damn this was a really great issue in the Ultimate verse. Fiakov's rick jones voice was spot on and can't wait to see where this goes.
    Rick Jones returns to earth for one thing after being out in space for a year or so.
    V9y1PF4.jpg

Galactus and Gah Lak Tus meet.
    AuhczaW.jpg
    DihU1nH.jpg

The Flash #22 The Reverse Flash introduces himself to Dr Elias.
    dy7vzlu.jpg
    4ZvYR2V.jpg

Superior Spider-Man #14 What could you ever hope to achieve here?
    xyhwMYa.jpg
    LQmgAly.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Goodbye, Shadowland.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I could totally do without this Wakanda-Atlantis/T'Challa-Namor conflict ever.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Whereas I find it extremely compelling and fitting of the "men making horrible decisions for conflicted reasons" theme of the book

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ultimate Universe is FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED.

• Options
    Nothing this week is going to top Jim Steranko retweeting me.
    .@iamsteranko It's easy to be cavalier with material when you have no context or consequence. Mark Millar proves that better than most.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Uncanny Avengers also had Wanda and Alex getting snuggly at one point, and confirmed that Cap's harder edge in this book and other places is a result of his time in Dimension Z.

I'm pretty sure there is a Sis-code violation there.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Let's not get Quicksilv.... Ohhh....

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Can someone give context to YA scan?

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Leah was Young Loki's sidekick in Journey to Mystery. It did not turn out well.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Leah was Young Loki's sidekick in Journey to Mystery. It did not turn out well.

to be fair, Loki was in a bad spot
    He had to turn his body over to an evil version of himself, and wanted to keep Leah away from that to protect her, except he wasn't able to tell her or anyone else what was happening or why. He asked Leah's boss/master Hela to send Leah away from him, and Hela did so by sending her to the distant past.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Yep, Hunger pretty much means things are over in the Ultimate universe.
    There must always be a Galactus for every universe. Since 616 Galactus just absorbed Gah Lak Tus, well... No more Galactus, no more universe.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Yep, Hunger pretty much means things are over in the Ultimate universe.
    There must always be a Galactus for every universe. Since 616 Galactus just absorbed Gah Lak Tus, well... No more Galactus, no more universe.

though I'm curious if Galactus not being present in 616 is opening the door for Abraxas

because that would be very bad, and the multiverse is fucked enough at the moment

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    The result served to re-create a reality in which Abraxas never existed, and since all that was had ended, all that is was realigned, allowing Mister Fantastic to survive along with all those who died in Abraxas' reign of terror.
    doubtful

• Options
    oh, fair enough. I missed that and thought things had been reset prior to Abraxas' escape

though like I said, 616 is boned enough right now Abraxas would just be overkill

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    How could a Santana album make things worse for Marvel

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Well, according to one of the writers
    Gah-Lak-Tus has been overly effective, leaving the Ultimate Universe mostly devoid of life outside of like the Kree and Chitauri/Skrulls

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    How could a Santana album make things worse for Marvel

The guitar solo that swallowed a continent.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    I still can't believe they jobbed out the Living Tribunal. That's the closest analogy Marvel has to an omniscient, omnipresent, all-powerful capitol G - God.

That + Hunger + "The timestream is completely fucked" story thread coming out of Age of Ultron = Maybe Marvel is considering a Nu 52 style universe reboot after all.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    With how well Marvel Now is doing and how many things seemed to be planned? Doubtful.

• Options
    no reboot, but a lot of alternate universes are probably going to die

...holy fuck. I've figured it out. This is all a plot by Marvel to force Jeff Parker to write a non-alternate universe story.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I kinda figure that
    616 and Ultimate Universes are gonna basically go the way that 616 and Ultimate Galactus went. 616 will take over with some beefed up finery and prettier outfits for some, cool new underlings for others. You know, like you do.

• Options
    Given that 2099 is going to start bleeding into 616 continuity as well, 616 may start to become a kind of multiversal hub.

• Options
    Given that 2099 is going to start bleeding into 616 continuity as well, 616 may start to become a kind of multiversal hub.

"start"

...also holy fuck. I'd been thinking of the Young Avengers storyline separately from the rest of the Avengers books because of that whole "interdimensional parasite causing all adults to be oblivious to the problem" thing, but it just clicked for me that the Young Avengers are jumping from universe to universe and going up against a interdimensional parasite at the same time as all the other shit is going down.

also the whole "America Chavez can kick holes in spacetime to make portals to other universes" thing

• Options

Uncanny Avengers has a Kang/future Apocalypse kids conflict brewing. The Young Avengers are multiverse hopping. The X-books are about to have a huge timeline mashup. Captain America's first arc was in an alternate univese. With the exception of Hawkeye and maybe the Defenders, it seems like every Marvel Now title is revolving around time travel and multiple universes.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I am old and stogy and prefer a pure 616 universe.

I am now Comicbook Hitler.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I definitely don't want any sort of Flashpoint / Infinite Crisis history rejiggering to happen. Own what has come before. I barely tolerated the recent Age of Ultron temporal shenanigans. At least they
    seem to have been fairly limited so far to bringing weirdo time travelers into the universe rather than wholesale rewriting of reality.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I definitely don't want any sort of Flashpoint / Infinite Crisis history rejiggering to happen. Own what has come before. I barely tolerated the recent Age of Ultron temporal shenanigans. At least they
    seem to have been fairly limited so far to bringing weirdo time travelers into the universe rather than wholesale rewriting of reality.

nah, the narrative context provided by the 616 universe's long & rich history is one of Marvel's biggest strengths, I don't see that going anywhere. If anything they're trying to fold the best parts of other universes into their main one.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Would it break rules if I posted the page prior to those 3 new avengers pages? The opening of that speech was so good.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    I am old and stogy and prefer a pure 616 universe.

I am now Comicbook Hitler.

Old and stodgy in Marvel terms means that you love you some alternate universes. That's exponentially true if you are an X-fan.

Hell, last I checked, the X-Men have had members from at least three different alternate universes in the book at the same time.