As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

eMusic

DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Does anyone know if there is a way to see what music is available at eMusic.com without signing up? I would be curious to try it out if I knew that they had the kind of music I am looking for...I don't really feel like giving out my credit card info for nothing :|

If not - would anyone who is currently signed up be willing to search for me and let me know if they have certain songs?

Thanks

steam_sig.png
Dortmunder on

• Options
    The SaviorThe Savior Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't think that there's a way to check it out without signing up, but they give away free songs (usually 20 - 90) pretty much everywhere. In any case, I'd be happy to search for songs for you, either PM or AIM me.

The Savior on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You can browse and search the catalogue without signing up. Or at least I seem to be able to on the UK site.

http://www.emusic.com/browse/all.html

japan on
  • Options
    gobassgogobassgo Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This trial thing entices me, is canceling a difficult procedure?

gobassgo on
  • Options
    CakeyCakey Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    gobassgo wrote: »
    This trial thing entices me, is canceling a difficult procedure?

It's really straight-forward and done entirely in the account settings. You just have to remember to, you know, do it.

I've been a member of eMusic for going on four years now, and I've had to cancel a couple of times in there (once immediately after the free trial, and later after I'd signed up again, but needed to save some money) and it was easy-peasy both times. And I think both times they still had all my previous downloads on record too, though I don't know how long before they wipe them.

Cakey on
  • Options
    gobassgogobassgo Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sweet I'm definitely on board for this then.

gobassgo on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Hmm...okay maybe I will just take the plunge and check it out. Thanks for the offer though, Savior.

Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You can check w/o signing up. Go to the homepage, click "sign in," and that's it. You'll see that all of the menus change and you can browse the catalog from there. I did the same thing before signing up because I didn't want to just throw my money away. It's a little obtuse that they don't offer to browse the catalog right off the bat, but whatev.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    EggyToast wrote: »
    You can check w/o signing up. Go to the homepage, click "sign in," and that's it. You'll see that all of the menus change and you can browse the catalog from there. I did the same thing before signing up because I didn't want to just throw my money away. It's a little obtuse that they don't offer to browse the catalog right off the bat, but whatev.

You sir, are a genius.

Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png