As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Breaking Bad] Felina

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i thought the two minute window thing was just a reputation thing

because after that everyone's like "holy shit heisenburg killed like ten people in ten different places all within two minutes!"

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    i thought the two minute window thing was just a reputation thing

because after that everyone's like "holy shit heisenburg killed like ten people in ten different places all within two minutes!"

Just a happy side-effect

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Okay
    I figured that they couldn't do them one-by-one because the later ones would get more protective custody. Wasn't sure if the two-minute time frame was a special number or something.

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Walt technically didn't murder Jane, but certainly he believed that he was responsible for killing her, and he carried that guilt all the way to the very end until it fermented into the bitter spite that he threw back at Jesse.

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    That scene was just the most brutal fucking thing. It was really hard to watch.

My sister really enjoyed the "shanking" sound effect for some reason.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Well, murder isn't really ever justified. The difference between
    Mike's death and others' is that Walt had literally nothing to gain from killing Mike.
    Killing Mike allows him to rub out the witnesses who were going to testify against him that Mike would never let him touch. Since their money had been seized, chances are one of them would have made a deal.

But
    Mike's share of the money was going to those men, which would make sure they didn't squeal.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    also he's the one who made her fall on her back in the first place

True, but
    he was only trying to wake them up at that point.

The start of that scene was Walt genuinely trying to be a good guy about it, but then he accidentally enables an opportunity to be rid of Jane.

And he just can't pass it up.

God dammit Walt.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    also he's the one who made her fall on her back in the first place

True, but
    he was only trying to wake them up at that point.

The start of that scene was Walt genuinely trying to be a good guy about it, but then he accidentally enables an opportunity to be rid of Jane.

And he just can't pass it up.

God dammit Walt.
    yeah no no he didn't flip her on her back with the intent of murder

just saying, she died as a direct consequence of an action he took

an action which he had ample opportunity to undo

• Options
    Agreed.

• Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    So I was clicking through Wikipedia to learn a bit about the actors from this show:
    Mitte was born in Lafayette, Louisiana to father Roy Frank Mitte Jr. and mother Dyna Mitte

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Ten wrote: »
    So I was clicking through Wikipedia to learn a bit about the actors from this show:
    Mitte was born in Lafayette, Louisiana to father Roy Frank Mitte Jr. and mother Dyna Mitte

I guess that explains RJ's dislike for kung-fu treachery.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    tumblr_mnmf8iRk9a1r5v4lko1_500.png

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I am marathoning this show now. Im all the way up to season 5 and wow, this is intense. I just got to episode 6... and i had to stop after episode 5. That was just heatbreaking.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So. I just started and I'm hoping the show picks up later.

The first season has been interesting but nothing I would call edge of the seat.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    heh

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I have heard so many people at my work comparing this show to The Sopranos and The Wire.

I do have to say unless season 5B is entirely different, I do not get the comparisons between this and The Wire. They are just entirely different things. The Wire is like the Tale of Two Cities or something, and Breaking Bad is a comic book about The Greek from season two of The Wire.

I mean this as a good thing.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

The first season has been interesting but nothing I would call edge of the seat.

I like to say that the season 1 finale is where it starts getting good. Or at least, that's where I really locked in.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    it gets good the exact second you meet gus

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    There are some episodes where the whole ~42 minutes is edge of your seat. The first one is probably Season 2, Episode 2.

Also a lot of stuff in Season 4, "Boxcutter" for one.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

This has become my new favourite show

Seeing people watching this for the first time and their reactions

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So this has not much to do with anything.

But I just realized today that the guy who played Walter White was the guy who played Malcolm's father in Malcolm in the Middle.

I know most of you already knew this but my mind has been blown.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

But I just realized today that the guy who played Walter White was the guy who played Malcolm's father in Malcolm in the Middle.

you may literally be the last person in the world to have realized this

good work

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I wonder how ted nugent is doing

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I have heard so many people at my work comparing this show to The Sopranos and The Wire.

I do have to say unless season 5B is entirely different, I do not get the comparisons between this and The Wire. They are just entirely different things. The Wire is like the Tale of Two Cities or something, and Breaking Bad is a comic book about The Greek from season two of The Wire.

I mean this as a good thing.

The Sopranos is not really a good comparison either.

Breaking Bad does not spend 2/3 of its episodes on existential wankery.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I wonder how ted nugent is doing

touché

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Someone got a copy of the script to "Felina"

Here are the last two pages

Choice quotes that really really make me wish Vince Gilligan writes a book
    CLOSE ANGLE -- JESSE. Grimly determined, fearing nothing, he speeds through the darkness. From here on, it's up to us to say where he's headed. I like to call it "something better," and leave it at that.

WIDER -- Walt is back where he belongs. He's back with his True Love. Jesse left in the middle of a cook, so Walt continues it. He taps at gauges. He checks temperatures.

Once more, CLOSE ON THE COOK VAT -- Walt's hand rests against it like a cowboy's hand rests on the neck of his horse.

We slowly CRANE UP, UP and AWAY from him. Walt shrinks smaller and smaller in frame. POLICE OFFICERS approach him now -- four, six, eight of them. They move in cautiously, their guns ahead.

They're too late. He got away.

We continue SKYWARD, looking down on Walt, rising as high as we can go. Off this image, slowly FADING TO BLACK...

END OF SERIES

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YaYa wrote: »

good work

Well, In my defense I just started watchingg BB a week ago and barely paid it any attention beforehand.

Not to mention, man did he age.

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    He still looks pretty fabulous to me

tumblr_mv308cND8P1s2g9yzo1_500.jpg

• Options
    so this isn't quite Breaking Bad related

but I'm seeing David Simon give a lecture on Sunday

I am so fucking hype, you guys

gonna hate American attitudes towards drugs and the poor so much

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    YaYa wrote: »

good work

he was also ted moseby's unpleasant boss on how i met your mother

Crimson King on
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    And Tim Whatley, the dentist on Seinfeld

• Options
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I am marathoning this show now. Im all the way up to season 5 and wow, this is intense. I just got to episode 6... and i had to stop after episode 5. That was just heatbreaking.

Ugh, God.

The opening scene of the next episode.

Uuuuugh.

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I'm very slowly working through this and Saul Goodman was just introduced
    Holy shit, this guy
    This fucking guy

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Speaking of Saul, apparently they're talking about Better Call Saul might now be a sequel, or a mix of prequel and sequel. I really want to see Saul managing a Cinnabon.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Speaking of Saul, apparently they're talking about Better Call Saul might now be a sequel, or a mix of prequel and sequel. I really want to see Saul managing a Cinnabon.

Half and half
    The season/show should end with Huell coming into his Connabon, and them sharing an awkward silence over the register

Gatsby on
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu2bdpxpt94

Not the monstrosity I was imagining it would be. Certainly more compact than it came off in photos. But still, $200 after discounts? Too rich for my blood.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Uhhhhhhhhhh guys I need some support

Spoilers through the Season 2 finale
    So I really liked Krysten Ritter a lot and as soon as she pulled out that 18 month chip I thought, the saddest possible thing would be for her to start using again, and lo and behold

And now Walt just stood there and watched her suffocate on her own vomit and I'm watching from behind my couch while whispering "what? what? fuck! no! do something! fuck! what?" and I knew going in that Walt is a pretty flawed guy and I know he'll wind up doing way worse stuff than this

but this is the moment where I'm wondering if I can handle this show

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Uhhhhhhhhhh guys I need some support

Spoilers through the Season 2 finale
    So I really liked Krysten Ritter a lot and as soon as she pulled out that 18 month chip I thought, the saddest possible thing would be for her to start using again, and lo and behold

And now Walt just stood there and watched her suffocate on her own vomit and I'm watching from behind my couch while whispering "what? what? fuck! no! do something! fuck! what?" and I knew going in that Walt is a pretty flawed guy and I know he'll wind up doing way worse stuff than this

but this is the moment where I'm wondering if I can handle this show

C'mere, bro

C'mere

It only gets worse