As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hoi chummer, come sit and discuss our next Table Tops Games

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    fuck all y'all i'll tanto the shit out of some cuore

someone teach me to play

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Melding wrote: »
    Actually i think i have my next halloween costume.

Thanks me.

This NPC is based on the Shadowrun Missions* Coordinator. The flat piece over his left forearm is where his "cyberdeck" goes, which is a fucking spray-painted 90s PC keyboard. He has the whole ork teeth (which he used to rewrite Or'zet, the ork's language, vocabulary actually be words that orks could say since some of the original vocab is impossible to say with those teeth in) and uses costume glue to glue on a couple of "datajacks" on his head. The bottom of this post has a photo of Bull and his "deck."

*Missions is the Official Living Campaign. It's a series of adventures that GMs can run and the karma and nuyen and contacts the players get transfer from game to game and are allowable in official convention games. If you're interested, click here.

Crimsondude on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Dimethyl sulfoxide is an actual chemical

it is scary as hell

fuck gendered marketing
    Yes, I know.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Actually i think i have my next halloween costume.

Thanks me.

This NPC is based on the Shadowrun Missions* Coordinator. The flat piece over his left forearm is where his "cyberdeck" goes, which is a fucking spray-painted 90s PC keyboard. He has the whole ork teeth (which he used to rewrite Or'zet, the ork's language, vocabulary actually be words that orks could say since some of the original vocab is impossible to say with those teeth in) and uses costume glue to glue on a couple of "datajacks" on his head. The bottom of this post has a photo of Bull and his "deck."

*Missions is the Official Living Campaign. It's a series of adventures that GMs can run and the karma and nuyen and contacts the players get transfer from game to game and are allowable in official convention games. If you're interested, click here.

yeah, my idea is far sillier, and will likely be forgotten by night's end as i get super drunk.

Oh shit, i still have to do Ghost Car.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Hmmm.

Yeah, still pretty meh.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular

someone teach me to play

Okay, well depending on which maids are available to hire, you either want to buy the triplets because you get a point bonus for having all three, or you want to make all the opposing maids sick so that the other people with mansions have filthy houses.

if neither of those options are available, you probably want the accountant maid so you can just pay the most expensive maids for their love.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    edited August 2013

That's sounds more like Anti's wheelhouse.

Anyway, there are also SR5 Quick Start Rules (PDF) , and the main reason for bringing back Priority Creation was to make chargen a lot easier and less time-consuming. Really, the most time consuming part of creating any characters for me has been shopping for toys, even (or maybe especially) when given an unlimited budget because they're toys. I don't care. I spent more time figuring out Hard Exit's cyberware (not even all augmentations—cyber specifically) than I did writing the entire rest of her entry in Street Legends, and that's absurd.

Crimsondude on
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

someone teach me to play

Okay, well depending on which maids are available to hire, you either want to buy the triplets because you get a point bonus for having all three, or you want to make all the opposing maids sick so that the other people with mansions have filthy houses.

if neither of those options are available, you probably want the accountant maid so you can just pay the most expensive maids for their love.

so far you are making perfect sense to me

edited August 2013
    Owenashi wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVnCxG1IsXw

Is this still true for Shadowrun?

No, but only because the broken weapon of choice in SR4 is Stick & Shock ammunition—which does exactly what it sounds like (6S, Electricity halves Impact armor). SnS was fixed in SR5. As well as it could be, anyway.

I've only heard of a Squirtgun™ arms race between PCs and the GM once before. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same guy. I know a lot of instances where it sounded cool right up until the GM used it against them. Someone also used paintball guns (and this was in the 90s so it was based on those shitty guns and not the cool-ass guns you bastard kids have now) with DMSO/chemical capsules until one of the PCs had a catastrophic failure (Rolled all 1s) and the capsules exploded in the hopper and leaked all over him—killing him horribly.

The guy also doesn't mention that the book with the Corpsec long range Squirtgun™ had a drug called gamma-scopolamine. Consider what scopolamine does now, and then make it worse. Neurostun was like 7S Stun. This did 10D Instant Stun and because these Squirtguns™ were SA (regular were supposed to be SS) you pop someone with two shots of DMSO/G-S and they almost always died. If they didn't, the effects crippled them for long enough they wished they died. G-S kicked Neurostun in the balls.

Crimsondude on
    Owenashi wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVnCxG1IsXw

Is this still true for Shadowrun?

Much less so

fuck gendered marketing
    @crimsondude that is a different video, discussing the Decker problem

fuck gendered marketing
    edited August 2013
    Oh, well look at me being a dumbass.

Anyway, I need to get back to trying to destabilize the Sixth World.

Crimsondude on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Suitcase fulla drugs is already paying off.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682

That's sounds more like Anti's wheelhouse.

Iunno, Ghost car costume is currently one of those shitty cardboard cut out car shapes you might see on a kid's show or some such, and then you wear a white sheet over it.

Ghost Car.

I was drunk when i thought of this.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Speaking of vampires, I'm starting a Sabbat campaign.

wVEsyIc.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4pod/AcqInc2013P1
    new Penny Arcade D&D Next/Acquisitions Inc. podcast

on the one hand, no Wil Wheaton

on the other hand, Patrick Rothfuss

what's bad about Patrick Rothfuss?

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    He brought Doritos.

That means crunching on mic.

And someone is crunching with their mouth open.

That means he is a bad man.

oh, yeah i guess that would be annoying.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    So it's basically real life cheeto?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    It's hard to start a pbp on a smartphone.

Edith Upwards on
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I got my 13th Age book in the mail today

first impression: this is probably the most well-constructed rpg manual I have ever seen

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    What is 13th age like?

All I can find is that it's a d20 based fantasy RPG

Uriel wrote: »
    What is 13th age like?

All I can find is that it's a d20 based fantasy RPG

@Uriel
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/27540624/#Comment_27540624

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The FFG Star Wars RPG is pretty good, but I'll really like to try Gamma World or Paranoia.

We're all RPG newbies in my group though, so the Edge of the Empire beginner box was a decent "Baby's First RPG" trial run.

YL9WnCY.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I got my 13th Age book in the mail today

first impression: this is probably the most well-constructed rpg manual I have ever seen

I would like my book to show up now please yes.

Edit: It showed up!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so we had our first Paranoia session the other day, complete with Facebook note-passing via smartphones

it was pretty fun!

but

my girlfriend is really, really struggling with getting involved and speaking up and roleplaying

I tried showing her some improv techniques and such beforehand but she just clams up and says her mind goes blank

do you guys have any tips for how to help her come out of her shell? or will it just come with time?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't push it. If she's having fun, that's what counts. If she's not, don't force it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I wouldn't push it. If she's having fun, that's what counts. If she's not, don't force it.

:winky: ?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, just give her some time. She might just have trouble getting used to roleplaying.

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Maybe it would help if you tried using props and other aids to your experience.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Setting is important also. Put on some music to set the tone, maybe adjust the lighting, if you can.

Don't forget to neg her shoes.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    quick everyone add winkies to the end of your posts

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    quick everyone add winkies to the end of your posts

Anything for you, YaYa :winky:

IKknkhU.gif
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    That video earlier really was not how we played shadow run
    We would do the decking at the same time with the real world
    But decking was more like how it worked in the Genesis era Shadowrun for us

so a friend of my brother gave to my brother, who in turn gave to me, D&D 4e PHB III, Arcane Power, and Psionic Power

damn

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Those are some good books. Psionic Power especially. There's a lot of great fluff in there for role-playing the various psionic classes.

This discussion has been closed.