As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Levi's jackets

GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
edited August 2013 in Help / Advice Forum
Summer seems to have come to an abrupt halt here in Ohio, and I am looking to buy a new light/mid-weight jacket for fall. I had my heart set on a particular Levi's tan, sherpa-lined cord jacket, like the one in the picture below.

Levis_corduroy_jacket_tan.jpg

I kept my eye on it on Levi's website all through their big sale that lasted like a month earlier this summer, and they never had my size (large) in stock. I even called them and asked if they could tell me when they'd get more larges or if I could backorder it. The answer was no to both. Then that particular jacket disappeared from their site completely, so apparently it's discontinued. :( None of my local department stores carry any Levi's outerwear besides the jean jackets, and there aren't any first-party Levi's stores anywhere near me.

I had looked at 501usa.net, which seemed to have that jacket available in L, but now I am reading a lot of reviews from people saying 501usa.net is a shitty fly-by-night website and now even their website seems to have some kind of redirect to a much shittier website than the one I looked at before and they aren't showing that jacket available in L anymore either. :( I have searched on all the other major online retailers like Amazon, etc. and found nothing close. There is nothing much on eBay but a few "vintage" examples with descriptions like "In really good condition aside from holes in one cuff and one armpit and cigarette burns on the collar and parasitic insects in the pockets etc. etc. etc."

So as always, at the end of my patience and imagination, I seek to dip into the unfathomable pool of your collected random knowledge and internet detective skills, Arcadians...

TL;DR: Looking for a Levi's sherpa-lined cord jacket like the one above, in tan, brown, or maybe gray or olive green, size large, and can't find any place that sells them anymore. HALP?

Edit: Looking again, the new crappier 501usa.net site is saying they do have a similar jacket in a light gray color available in L. So as a sub-question, does anybody have any experience with this site? Are they reasonably legit or are they sellers of fake goods/robbers/human organ traffickers?

Gaslight on

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    There are some pre-owned ones on ebay.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Yeah, like I said, I've been sifting through the eBay listings for a while, but I've never bought pre-owned clothing items of any kind on eBay before and I'm leery. Sometimes stuff is obviously damaged, sometimes the listing will mention damage and act like it's no big deal which I can't see in the pictures...I'd much rather just be able to buy a new, unworn, unused item.

Another somewhat dubious looking site I found is AmericanJeans.com. Anybody have any experience with them? I Googled and found a few forum threads various places with other people asking if they're legit and nobody seems to be able to provide a solid answer. :P

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    A quick look makes me suspicious that both sites you've found are just counterfeiting sales. They buy brand name knock-offs which may or may not be made at the same factories, but are handled outside the official distribution channels for those brands.

You're probably looking to have to buy that jacket used or from a reseller where you have no guarantee because it's a style they've retired.

Your other option might be to call a Levis outlet store and sweet talk them into seeing if they can call around to a few stores about whether anyone still has that jacket in stock. It's possible some outlet somewhere might have a few still that you could have shipped to you.

What is this I don't even.