As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA]mon: Red/Blue Edition - Finale: Champ retains the title! (Gizzy Victory)

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    if clefary, the moon

if otherwise, magic

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Then gold and silver allowed you to breed them, but there were some quirks with that. For instance all the pokemon that hatched from eggs were at lvl 5, while it was possible to catch the parents at levels 2-4.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Tamed eggs have personal gyms inside.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Tamed eggs have personal gyms inside.

Stop using euphemisms and just admit Professor Oak developed Pokemon steroids for use on the eggs.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    well pokemon fuck each other and then the female lays an egg

i thought they didn't have a gender? or did it become like some pokemon became like asari?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    oh pokemon had genders

pokemon scientists just didn't know how to identify them and the science of pokemon breeding didn't exist

i mean professor oak thinks there's like only 150 and he tells some kid to go find them all

that's the state of pokemon research in the world

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Pokemans are spontaneously generated, like maggots.

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Anybody else not have their two Pokemons yet? Or am I just being impatient?

Buddha73 on
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Buddha73 wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »
    PMs going out now. Please do not discuss them until opening narration is up

Patience.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Halfway though PMs folks! Generating 50 roles was a way of pain that I did not realize I had chosen until it was too late

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    i mean it took pokemon scientists like 7 years to go "hey wait what if we use other stones on eevee?"

the scientific method has never been invented in the pokemon universe

probably because some pokemon are literal gods ("Landorus is considered the god of fields, due to helping crops grow. His tail causes the soil to gain nutrition.") and this strange battle system is the modern system of tribute and worship, using lesser pokemon while creators like Groudon slumber. this reverence allows people to look the other way about the fact that Pokemon can manipulate humans in terrifying ways

mercenary groups like team rocket are not just gangsters but profit-focused heretics, abandoning the tenets of gods and seeking to exploit deities for their own personal gain

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    hehehehe

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    also first time hosts are always adorable

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I just don't have time to host. I have been here playing since late 07 early 08 and have never hosted.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    matev has hosted before

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    also first time hosts are always adorable

Wasn't Matev the host for the Mandalorian phalla?

Yeah, he was. I think it's the 100+ Pokemans with like 300+ abilities that's the hold-up.

Auralynx on
  • Options

Y U NO POKÉMANS? TALL GRASS SCARE U?
    I've been bugging him for the past hour because I've had mine and he hasn't.

• Options
    hosting a mini is like the first base of losing your host virginity

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    So minis are the oral sex of phalla?

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    Halfway though PMs folks! Generating 50 roles was a way of pain that I did not realize I had chosen until it was too late
    Its kool, no rush. :) just excited to see what Pokemons i get.

• Options

...is that what first base is now?

i'm old

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Discussing stuff like this is bad because people can metagame if others are mafia or not and/or other things.

• Options

...is that what first base is now?

i'm old

Of course. She didn't pop her cherry so it wasn't really sex. Neither is anal.

Thank God for small backwards southern towns and their gullible southern belles.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Third base these days is illegal in thirteen countries

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Discussing stuff like this is bad because people can metagame if others are mafia or not and/or other things.

I didn't know that...

• Options
    Figured. That's why I was informing you.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Also, that's why hosts always tell you not to discuss PMs till they're all out. Stuff hosts say may be relevant :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    said kime, reader of OPs

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Also, that's why hosts always tell you not to discuss PMs till they're all out. Stuff hosts say may be relevant :P

Yeah, even Kime has the decency to wait for everyone to get a PM before claiming to be all the mafias.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I read (parts of) them (eventually)!

:P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Kime never claims to be mafia. We always assume him to be.
    because he always is mafia

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Pokemans

Pokemans

Does whatever a Poke can.

And also looks like Walt Disney hate-fucked a peep if these pictures are to be believed.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Then in gold and silver we got phones.
    pokelogic_fb_252890.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2013
    oh pokemon had genders

pokemon scientists just didn't know how to identify them and the science of pokemon breeding didn't exist

i mean professor oak thinks there's like only 150 and he tells some kid to go find them all

that's the state of pokemon research in the world

so child endangerment ----> scientific advancement

Egos on
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    I am wanted in thirteen countries

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Round 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pal-dZCDt48

"That's right, welcome to this year's Indigo Plateau Championships folks! It's sure to be a rollicking ride from start to finish!" Blared the announcer as fans from around Kanto filed into the stadium to cheer on their favorites, "For those familiar with the tournament, this year, the League's decided to shake things up. It's gonna be a battle royale for the crown of Champion!" Fireworks exploded and as trained League pokemon soared overhead. The crowd roared, energy building to a fever pitch.

In his private locker room The Boss sneered at the noise above. His cronies gathered around him, each comparing the pokemon they'd brought to the tournament.

"I'm telling ya, this one is gonna be real fighter..."

"This one I boosted is my lucky charm..."

"....man, you don't know anything about battling, dunno why you're here...."

"Quiet!" The Boss snapped. The grunts snapped to attention, "Y'sound a buncha Pidgey, squawkin' and all. Just stick to the plan, and soon we'll be rich as can be." He looked to each of them in turn. Out the various gangs, he'd hand-picked the best battlers for this mission. If they succeeded, they'd take Kanto by storm, and make a pretty penny to boot. With a quick murmur of the motto, he lead his team around the security checkpoints to the battlefield.

"And now, the moment you've been waiting for! Here come the trainers!" The crowd stamped and clapped, cheering for the up-and-coming battlers lead out to the field by the 8 Gym Leaders of Kanto, themselves also vying the big prize. They'd all fought long and hard to get to this point, and they knew everyone would be fighting even harder for the championship.

"Entering the fray with the challengers will be the Illustrious Elite Four!" The crowd roared even louder as the quartet walked down the steps from the main building towards the stadium floor. Some called them the Four Fiends, and they did nothing to discourage their fearsome reputation. They stood across from the trainers, barring the staircase, as if guarding the tournament's final entrant.

"And last, but most certainly not the least, your Kanto Champion, Sum Ting Wong!!" The echo was drowned out by the crowds, who seemed like they were going to blow the walls off of the pokemon stadium. Waving, the Champion stood casually behind the gathered Elite Four, tossing a pokeball playfully. One of the refs in the center of the field held up their arm.

"Everybody ready?" Asked the announcer. Everyone was on the edge of the seats. A trainer's fingers twitched slightly over their pokeball. The arm dropped. "GO!!!" The pokemon came out and the dust started flying.

"Man, they sure did a number on 'em." One security guard muttered to the other as they looked at the trussed up refs.

"No kidding. Say, if the are down here, who started the tournament abov-Oh crap!" Orders started getting shouted. This tournament was definitely going to be remembered....

The fallen

Pokemon League Refs - They weren't prepared for trouble...

DAY 1 STARTS NOW! IT WILL END IN SLIGHTLY LESS THAN 24 HOURS! BATTLE WELL! Vote for who security should arrest with Red

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Diglett dig, Diglett dig, TRIO TRIO TRIO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgZGTHJGMlU

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    So uh do we not know our pokemon's hp?

Also, do we know what the different status effects do?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Li3GPV0.pngotR4Ii9.pngLanglyEpM28bI.png

EA12Wf4.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EA12Wf4.png
    How to battle in Phallamon!

Status Effects

Pokemon attacks can cause various status effects to happen, which all adversely how effective a pokemon is in battle. The main status effects are as follows.

Burn: Each turn this pokemon is used, they take 1 Damage. Attacks they make do 1 less damage. Mostly comes from Fire Attacks

Confusion: 50% Chance the pokemon will do 1 point of damage to itself. This status effect may stack with other status effects (eg. You may be Confused AND Paralyzed)

Freeze: The Pokemon cannot make any attacks. Associated with Ice attacks

Paralyze: The pokemon moves slower than other pokemon when making attacks, 50% chance the pokemon will not be able to make an attack this turn. Typically associated with Electric attacks.

Poison: Pokemon takes 1 damage each turn. Mostly associated with Poison or Grass attacks

Sleep: The Pokemon cannot make any attacks.

All effects last 1-5 Rounds, with a 50% chance of ending each turn. If you don't want to wait for luck to smile on you, rather than attacking, you may use the "Use Full Heal" action. (Full Heal, from SilphCo, don't leave home without it!) This will remove all status effects from your pokemon. All trainers have access to this option.

Other Effects

In addition to standard status effects, powers may cause other effects, such as affecting a targets damage output, defenses, or other crazy things. How these effect your pokemon will be noted in your daily status PMs

liEt3nH.png