As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Monday, August 19, 2013 - Savagery

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited August 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I have a deep and abiding affection for the deranged mind that produces the imagery of a grown man beating up children for a toy

Just

That shit is funny

dN0T6ur.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    This was my Sunday (minus the shoving and blood :D). But seriously, there were like 3 of them at my Toys R Us and I went when they opened.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I haven't been paying attention to... toy news... or whatever. Why does Gabe want the toy car?

Also Kara's face is now rounder than previous outings. Gabe's face, meanwhile, looks super different in panel 1. It's like... shallow. Like in this comic.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    tenouttaten

Holy shit, I can't stop laughing.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I haven't been paying attention to... toy news... or whatever. Why does Gabe want the toy car?

Also Kara's face is now rounder than previous outings. Gabe's face, meanwhile, looks super different in panel 1. It's like... shallow. Like in this comic.

I'm assuming it's some kind of rare toy for that Infinity game.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2013/08/15/toys-r-us-exclusive-disney-infinity-crystal-figures/

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    Glorious.

steam_sig.png
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2013/08/15/toys-r-us-exclusive-disney-infinity-crystal-figures/

Oh shit that is evil.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So, is the game Disney-branded Skylanders, or even more than that?

Either way, this is all deliciously evil and brilliant. I would have lost all the moneys as a child.

What is this I don't even.
    edited August 2013
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    So, is the game Disney-branded Skylanders, or even more than that?

Either way, this is all deliciously evil and brilliant. I would have lost all the moneys as a child.

Kind of. It uses toys like Skylanders. It's a little different in that there are seperate games for each franchise (so like, an Incredibles game for the Incredibles figures, a Cars game for Cars figures, etc), and there is "Toy Box Mode" which is sort of a LittleBigPlanet/Minecraft type thing where you can combine stuff from all the different available franchises to make games or build stuff or just mess around.

Warlock82 on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Filing this one under one of my most favorites PA comics ever. So good.

• MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Excellent comic. His face in Panel 2, man.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I don't know what a Lightning McQueen is. Well, I do now, thanks to the magic of the internet. But previous to this comic I did not know.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Oh shit that is evil.

So even Disney brings on Satan to consult from time to time?

• LowKeyCoyoteLowKeyCoyote Registered User new member
    I've been wanting Disney Infinity since it was announced, but I been telling myself I wouldn't get it because I recognized it as an OCD trap (which is why I won't get involved in Pinny Arcade).

Yesterday I went to the mall presumably to buy my daughter the Princess Twilight Sparkle stuffed animal at Build-A-Bear (I don't know if you know this but TS got *wings* and so she is no longer a unicorn but an *allocorn*!!! Emphasis is my daughter's.) My secret mission was to buy the new Lego set for the Syndey Opera House -- which is really quite breathtaking -- nearly 3000 pieces -- I'll let you Google it.

But we stopped in Disney store since it is right there in the children's district of the mall (our mall seems to have districts -- I get a little nervous sometimes walking through the Chinese district -- but I digress). Long story slightly shorter, I bought Disney Infinity as well as the Cars playset and played for a few hours with my daughter yesterday.

During the opening sequence she commented "This is soooo beautiful!"

Then when it came time to play she asked me, "How come there aren't any girl characters?" and then insisted on opening the Cars pack so she could play a girl. It nearly broke my heart.

At one point while I was playing in a different set pieces, my 1.5yo son picked up both Cars figures, held them with his arms stretched out to his sides and span around going "brrrooooommmm."

I was lucky that she only wanted to play in the Toy Box and in Cars because I didn't discover until much later the multiplayer restrictions in the game worlds. I agree that is a stupid restriction, but it probably reduced the testing matrix a lot.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    EDIT: Nevermind, I need to do some more research on this thing... Holy Moly, the Merch.

EDIT 2: I'm seeing the girls from Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, and a couple other Pixar/Disney IPs. Maybe they didn't have those female characters at your store?

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
    edited August 2013
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    EDIT: Nevermind, I need to do some more research on this thing... Holy Moly, the Merch.

EDIT 2: I'm seeing the girls from Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, and a couple other Pixar/Disney IPs. Maybe they didn't have those female characters at your store?

Those are all future releases.

The only girl characters available right now are the one from the cars playset (as mentioned), Mrs. Incredible, and Violet.

It's kind of a weird oversight, though I can't see what girls they could have packaged with the base game given all the franchises they picked for wave 1. I guess they could have been generous and given Mrs. Incredible along with Mr. Incredible, which might have also alleved co-op complaints. But then you've got four figures with the base game...

Warlock82 on
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular

Oh shit that is evil.

Pfft. Disney was run by Satan for two decades. Who do you think invented the Disney Vault?

Responding to other posts, I also noticed that Infinity is a boy-heavy show... and it's not like Disney doesn't have access to a ton of extremely popular franchises starring women. But then, the higher-ups at Disney generally seem pretty convinced that princesses can't have real adventures.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Oh shit that is evil.

Pfft. Disney was run by Satan for two decades. Who do you think invented the Disney Vault?

Responding to other posts, I also noticed that Infinity is a boy-heavy show... and it's not like Disney doesn't have access to a ton of extremely popular franchises starring women. But then, the higher-ups at Disney generally seem pretty convinced that princesses can't have real adventures.
    You mean this Disney Vault?
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/disney-vault-vt/n12033/

:D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Oh shit that is evil.

... Oh damn it, I never even considered that.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Don't worry, guys

You can bet your bottom dollar, because it will require your bottom dollar, that we're going to see some Disney Princess action before this shit is over - or just classic Disney if you prefer. Belle and Beast and Mulan and Ariel will have their time in the Sun

dN0T6ur.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Savages, savages
    Barely even human
    Savages, savages
    Killers at the core

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Savages, savages
    Barely even human
    Savages, savages
    Killers at the core
    You will be a beast evermore
    Ruling this land.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Gabe has become that which he most despised! Did he demand that a TRU employee produce an extra McQueen from the depths of his ass?

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    The 2nd panel really does it for me. I truly love the comics where a character recognizes what they are about to do is shameful, and does it anyway. That dark introspection you normally see from the hardened and the truly desperate. Here applied to father getting toys.