As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Repairing an old school TV's Audio and Visual component reciever?

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
I have an old TV that has AV connector in the back that are pushed in and no longer is able to receive output from a video game console. Is there are a way to repair this tv by myself or should I look up a certain repair service near my location?

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Everything I've heard about CRT TVs is that they are dangerous to work on because their capacitors can deliver a lethal shock long after the device itself was unplugged.

I don't know if that is true or not, but I do know that if your town is anything like mine, a CRT TV can be found for $10 or even free just by keeping an eye out on craigslist. Something to think about if you're considering taking your TV to a repair shop.

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    What Stacks said, it's not at all worth spending the money to get it repaired. Go to your local Goodwill and pick one up for $10.

• RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    It's not quite about the television itself, as it is about the actual size. I've browsed my good will and craigslist, still none as big as the old one that broke.

oHw5R0V.jpg