As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video of PAX '07. Who will being recording some?

PolagoPolago Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in PAX Archive
Oi all!

Before anyone mentions it, i'm aware that there will be a PAX 07 DVD when the time comes, so lots of footage will be available there. What i'm wondering is how many people here plan on bringing a video camera of some kind to record the proceedings, the supertrips, their own adventures of PAX, the concerts, etc. If you are one of these people, what resolution/framerate will be be filming at, and if you're using physical film and intend on converting the film to digital format, again what resolution/framerate will be you converting to?

Kind of an awkward specific question to ask of course, but if there's enough people i've got a concept that could be pretty awesome with the right footage. A possible sideproject for september that the community might enjoy. :D

Polago on

• Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    well hopefully my dad will let me use his mini dv cam corder this year. last year i had to use a 15 year old peice of crap and alot of my footage got f'd up. Though i did just get a raise at work and they changed me to full time, so I might just buy a mini dv for myself.

I intend to chronical the west coast train trip and my experience at PAX. as for the resolution/framerate. . .i've got no clue. i suposse i can try to figure it out later after work.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I hope someone gets some good videos of the Jonathan Coulton concert; I'm really bummed that I'm not going to be able to see him at PAX.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Enigma KahnEnigma Kahn Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    well, depending how finances go, i should have my new Canon by then, and if i can fit it, i will try and bring my steady cam rig too, unfortunately i only am going to have the standard lens at the time, so no HD this year;.

Enigma Kahn on
  • Options
    ArkleyArkley Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I will most likely be able to take a camera, either a Canon GL2 or just a little handheld Canon camera. It's up to my friend if he wants to let me borrow it for the time. If I do manage to get a ride on the CST, I'll record it.

Arkley on
  • Options
    AndymatronAndymatron Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I will most likely have my Camera, It's one of the ones that can take Pictures and video, Not that great but gets the job done.

Andymatron on
    Error 404: Pants not found O_o
  • Options
    MrPulsarMrPulsar Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'll have my brother's DV Cam. I'm getting a new battery so I can do up to 9 hours of recording a day if I wanted.... but I doubt I'll want to have it out the whole time. >_>

MrPulsar on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i'm getting a new mini dv cam this year, i'll definitely be getting many hours of footage. i might just do a nonstop running of pax, with seams only for changing battery and tape, then edit later.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    StifinStifin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I was thinking of doing something of our own after the whole PAX footage fiasco, bringing cameras and organizing people who have cameras to do something along the lines of Awesome, I shot that. Except nerdier and better. I was thinking we would get a few interviews, but keep it basically to covering events and peoples personal experiences, that way we get to enjoy PAX ourselves and focus on covering things that wouldn't find their way to the official DVD. Main problem is distribution, if you want a central website/webhost to put it on, it means putting up your own money for it.

I suspect you're thinking along the same lines from your oddly specific question, if not then I just announced my random idea. Either way, I like the idea of a by-the-fans for-the-fans kind of thing, especially if it comes out decent, which I think we've got a pretty good shot at, being done by bored film students who don't want to let go of PAX memories.

The point is, if you're thinking about something similar to what I am, then you've got one interested party. We'll be on the CCST, so thats one more camera to document that.

Stifin on
    "The most aesthetically pleasing kick in the balls in the history of modern cinema" -William Goldman

banner.png
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i'm thinkin it'd be really kickass if pa made the pax dvd, but on an extra disc, they put fan footage.

then again though, that might not work, since there will be hot company girls, the cameras would just be on them and their asses and boobs the whole time....

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
This discussion has been closed.