Options

Denizen [mini-Phalla]: Minotaur (and living Village) WIN!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Theroadviris gets a vote because I have no idea what taking a selfie is, so I know I never done it. I will not be possibly slandered in this way and your hip teenage lingo is exhausting at best.

Look who didn't deny the no tipping at a restaurant accusation!
    You are twice a monster, sir, and I bite my thumb at you.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Agreed on ignoring the red in the narration.

Without knowing how good the items that are found from searching, it's hard to say if we should be focusing on searching or ambushing. It might be worth focusing on ambushing for a night just to see how much damage we can put out.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Tipping is a societial construct I could do without. Like if you go above and beyond then yes you should get a tip for it but to be forced to tip because the worker isnt being paid enough by their employer is madness.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    "Have fun searching for your weapons! We took your cake while you were gone!"

so I assume the mafia have the ability to insert a quote into the narration. kime reference , I assume?

or would this be a Portal reference. I assume the former because it serves a purpose. It's something I could see kime doing because "i am mafia" but alternatively someone else because y'know reverse psychology. Or else kime hinging on people thinking that O_o

tumblr_m61cgyJuGJ1rotzjco1_500.gif

As a rule, never listen to an outed mafia.

This also applies to portions of the narration obviously inserted by mafia.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with this. At the moment I'm not certain that was a mafia insertion or a reference (albeit vague) to some action taken by the mafia. Until we know for certain, I for one am going to assume that anything in the narration is there for a reason.

Also Egos, how is that a reference to kime exactly?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I know someone who found an item. If all the items are of similar power, I'm not sure searching is as useful as we were hoping it would be.

We should still search, but a 50/50 split on searching and ambushing is probably best.

I like MikeyCTS's reasoning for voting for Egos

• Options
    CesareB wrote: »

so I assume the mafia have the ability to insert a quote into the narration. kime reference , I assume?

or would this be a Portal reference. I assume the former because it serves a purpose. It's something I could see kime doing because "i am mafia" but alternatively someone else because y'know reverse psychology. Or else kime hinging on people thinking that O_o

I'm not entirely sure I agree with this. At the moment I'm not certain that was a mafia insertion or a reference (albeit vague) to some action taken by the mafia. Until we know for certain, I for one am going to assume that anything in the narration is there for a reason.

One of kime's famous roles was a cult faction where kime was Cake. I think he won.

And it was colored red. I think assuming the text was mafia or at least dangerous is a good assumption for now.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Kime's all about the cake.

And yeah, mikey's reasoning is better than nothing.

Egos

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

One of kime's famous roles was a cult faction where kime was Cake. I think he won.

And it was colored red. I think assuming the text was mafia or at least dangerous is a good assumption for now.

I certainly believe that it, at the least referenced the mafia. That's not really in dispute. I'm just not sure why we would think that they directly inserted it. TBH a narration-altering power that just was so obviously of mafia origins is kind of a shitty power because it is so easily ignored. I remember the had a similar power in one of the Star Wars Phallas and it got more or less ignored and it wasn't even colored red. I think it's more dangerous to ignore something that might be valuable information than to give weight to something that doesn't really impact the game.

Anyway I don't like the Egos wagon for this reason and even if this was a case of narration manipulation I think that Egos is savvy enough as mafia not to push too hard to get it noticed. KetBra

• Options
    There's been lots of games where there's an obvious mafia insert in the narration.

This pretty obviously seems like a mafia insert in the narration.

Unless you're saying that someone who was not the mafia put something in the narration to look the mafia put something in the narration while pretending to be kime.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    Without any real leads yet, I'm going to do my usual thing and stick with my day 1 vote.

We Stand Ready
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    Stupid phone posting.

Ketbra

We Stand Ready
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    [Mikey CTS[/color]

• Options
    God damnit I hate my fat fingers and my tiny phone screen. I'm cool with voting with Mikey CTS and going Egos.

• Options
    [Mikey CTS[/color]
    God damnit I hate my fat fingers and my tiny phone screen. I'm cool with voting with Mikey CTS and going [color]Egos[/color].
    Im totally going to kill this guy, wait no my fingers are too fat Im going to agree with him instead?

Grunt's Ghots has the queerest reasoning.

• Options
    I can't type with my phone, that's why I normally use the talk to text feature. But I didn't since people are on the phone around me...

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    You all are funny. Who else played in that game with kime? Maybe one of them?

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Gonna throw a vote on JPants

• Options
    I can't type with my phone, that's why I normally use the talk to text feature. But I didn't since people are on the phone around me...
    THAT DOSENT EXPLAIN WHY YOU CHANGED YOUR VOTE!!

You literally did a 180 because your fingers are too fat? What the actual fuck?

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    KetBra seemed like he was in an inconspicuous spot in the vote yesterday.

• Options
    what does that even mean

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    This is some weird pushback on Egos.

Remember this later

• Options
    People not agreeing with you is not pushback :P

• Options
    You mean not agreeing with Mikey

• Options
    I'd point out that I'm tied for first based on the reasoning of "to get things started", (nothing), "stick with my day 1 vote", and "seemed like he was in an inconspicuous spot in the vote yesterday"

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I will vote Egos to see if anything comes of it then.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options

Remember this later

This happens regularly when a well known good player gets a wagon on him on flimsy rationale. It seems lile every time there's an early wagon on langly or kime they get miraculously saved. Why shouldn't egos?

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Hmmm egos because ket doesn't fully seem mafia

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options

Remember this later

This happens regularly when a well known good player gets a wagon on him on flimsy rationale. It seems lile every time there's an early wagon on langly or kime they get miraculously saved. Why shouldn't egos?

that's because langly and kime usually push really hard behind the scenes to stay alive

are you saying that's what egos is doing?

because if so, then that makes sense and maybe we should move our votes.
    if not, then its odd that there was a counter wagon with like no evidence or real reasoning that people were jumping on

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    Ketbra cause i don't understand the vote on egos.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    The push back against the egos vote makes sense to me given how narration handles what seems like a mafia text insertion. I suppose that could be alluding to some mafia mechanic or it could be a red herring.

I'll go ahead a drop a vote on GG because I'm with Bedlam on this one. Really?

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    I'd point out that I'm tied for first based on the reasoning of "to get things started", (nothing), "stick with my day 1 vote", and "seemed like he was in an inconspicuous spot in the vote yesterday"

And the other person tied with you is based on "he had a funny reaction to the mafia narration."

• Options
    which is better than your rationale so

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular

kime's whole thing is cake also

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    With an hour to go, I have KetBra at 6 votes and Egos at 5.

I am missing Egos, Jpants, kime, Lucedes, SoE, and vertroue's votes, and some actions. Please be sure to sneak yours in.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

Also, I find Egos making a big deal out of that mafia narration strange. I think he would have enough experience to know better, but he immediately tries to bring it to the village's attentiondistraction? Very suspicious.

considering I noted both possibilities, I don't see that my post as making a big deal or trying to distract the village. I mainly noted the possibility of narration insertion which some may miss.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    With an hour to go, I have KetBra at 6 votes and Egos at 5.

I am missing Egos, Jpants, kime, Lucedes, SoE, and vertroue's votes, and some actions. Please be sure to sneak yours in.

Vert voted Egos

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    [Mikey CTS[/color]
    God damnit I hate my fat fingers and my tiny phone screen. I'm cool with voting with Mikey CTS and going [color]Egos[/color].
    Im totally going to kill this guy, wait no my fingers are too fat Im going to agree with him instead?

Grunt's Ghots has the queerest reasoning.

That does seem like some completely contradictory behavior. Any explanation Grunt's Ghost?

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »
    I also get weird vibes from Obifett, sexy vibes from TRV, and Kime is your birthday seriously September 6th? Cause that is also my bro's birthday.

Are you my brother? I hope not. That would be unpleasant. It really is though! Been celebrating all weekend :D

kime's whole thing is cake also

My old avatar for a few years used to be L and had a cake reference. That's actually where most of it started.

Also, Egos for almost avoiding the vote

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile