As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Whew, almost forgot today was last day for early-bird..

mythicknightmythicknight Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in PAX Archive
!

Good thing Gabe mentioned it on Friday's news..

And then she exploded...
mythicknight on

• jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm conflicted...my wife gave me the OK to buy the passes today...but I'm still not sure if I want to spring for the additional 1500 in flight, hotel room, and rental car.

*sigh*

We need an east coast PAX.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    A'hem
    *points down"

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Your wang isn't going to help him traverse the nation, Moe.

b0wser on
    edited March 2007
    I'm coming from Atlanta. Driving to Seattle is a really bad idea. If I were up north somewhere, I'd be glad to join.

Also, I can't have grandma watch the kid for the time it will take to do that.

jonxp on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    jonxp wrote: »

I bet there will be an announcement about that this year...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    b0wser wrote: »
    Your wang isn't going to help him traverse the nation, Moe.

Oh, you'd be surprised...

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm conflicted...my wife gave me the OK to buy the passes today...but I'm still not sure if I want to spring for the additional 1500 in flight, hotel room, and rental car.

*sigh*

You might be able to save money by not staying right downtown, or by not bothering with a rental car (just a cab from the airport, if you do stay near the WSCTC everything you'll need is in walking distance).

For the record, if the shoe were on the other foot and PAX was originally on the other coast, my fiance and I would still find it worth the effort. We plan our entire year around PAX.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited April 2007
    The problem is actually the plane tickets. The hotel is very reasonable, and rental cars are cheap, but flights to SEA that weekend are murder.

jonxp on
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    well there is always the cross country supertrip. i hear it is made of both awsome and win

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

*sigh*

You might be able to save money by not staying right downtown, or by not bothering with a rental car (just a cab from the airport, if you do stay near the WSCTC everything you'll need is in walking distance).

For the record, if the shoe were on the other foot and PAX was originally on the other coast, my fiance and I would still find it worth the effort. We plan our entire year around PAX.

well, i live here, just outside seattle, but i'm still flying all the way to the west coast just to ride with the ccst. so, if it were on the east coast, that would be better for me, two fewer cross country trips!
    The problem is actually the plane tickets. The hotel is very reasonable, and rental cars are cheap, but flights to SEA that weekend are murder.

check out the next day. i know from working in the industry that when you change your flight by a day or two, it can have dramatic changes on the price.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    dyaballikl: you, sir, are one dedicated mofo. My hat is off to you. However, if you currently go east to drive west, would you not also go west to drive east? I'm sure that there would be a supertrip to the east as well as west if there were two events.

In any case your advice is sound. Check a few days before as the mid week tends to be cheaper.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    dyaballikl: you, sir, are one dedicated mofo. My hat is off to you. However, if you currently go east to drive west, would you not also go west to drive east? I'm sure that there would be a supertrip to the east as well as west if there were two events.

In any case your advice is sound. Check a few days before as the mid week tends to be cheaper.

exactly, what i'm saying is that, with it being on the west coast, i take two cross country plane trips, and two cross country road trips. if it were on the east coast, it'd just be two cross country road trips.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited April 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

*sigh*

well, i live here, just outside seattle, but i'm still flying all the way to the west coast just to ride with the ccst. so, if it were on the east coast, that would be better for me, two fewer cross country trips!

check out the next day. i know from working in the industry that when you change your flight by a day or two, it can have dramatic changes on the price.

I did, but extending the trip by a day either direction would cost more in hotel room than I'd be saving. (I travel a lot for business, I know how the air fare system works too).

I guess I'm just going to have to forgo the early bird rate and wait till later in the year to decide. Oh well.

jonxp on
  • DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I missed the early bird, although I've known about it for ages. It's not a question of my commitment or desire to go to PAX, I just can't find anybody local to go with me. :| No one wants to pay (or simply can't get the money) to get up there, although everyone says they want to go.

Summary: All my friends suck.

Dondums on
    internet
  • smilingmadmansmilingmadman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just yesterday I signed up two of my friends with early bird pricing. $40, right? I had to unregister myself and reregister and everything and it was still only $40 per person.

smilingmadman on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just yesterday I signed up two of my friends with early bird pricing. $40, right? I had to unregister myself and reregister and everything and it was still only $40 per person.

Yesterday was April second. Earlybird pricing was march 31st and before.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited April 2007
    BigRed wrote: »

Yesterday was April second. Earlybird pricing was march 31st and before.

unless he got confused and only paid for like one day or something?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • EskimoAznEskimoAzn Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Neliwood wrote: »
    I missed the early bird, although I've known about it for ages. It's not a question of my commitment or desire to go to PAX, I just can't find anybody local to go with me. :| No one wants to pay (or simply can't get the money) to get up there, although everyone says they want to go.

Ugh, I know how that feels. When I asked around, my friends were all like, "What's...Penny Arcade??" :( But I bought the early bird ticket and reserved my hotel room anyway :) After all, I still have a few months to educate and convince my friends to come along...!!

EskimoAzn on
    "It's because I'm an Asian, isn't it???"
  • Amber FechkoAmber Fechko Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Neliwood wrote: »

Solution: Come to PAX and make new friends.

:)

Amber Fechko on
    edited April 2007
    like your mother always said, people who don't know penny arcade aren't really your friends at all.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • smilingmadmansmilingmadman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    unless he got confused and only paid for like one day or something?
    I definitely registered myself and two friends for early bird pricing for three-day passes on April 2nd. I think the reason it let me do that is because I was already registered for early bird, but I had to cancel and start over because I won't be here in August when they arrive in the mail. Had to change the address, you see.

smilingmadman on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Early Bird is only like $5 savings. Just as long as you get a preorder version, you're good to go.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
This discussion has been closed.