As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 9/18/13: Pick on someone who absolutely despises you.

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
Uncanny X-Men #12, Cyclops must be a Springsteen fan because he's thinking of the glory days, and Emma won't have any of it:
uncannyxmen12a_zps475ce317.jpg

uncannyxmen12b_zpsb378abe0.jpg

uncannyxmen12c_zps03349ba0.jpg

uncannyxmen12d_zpsdba88734.jpg

New Avengers #10, Namor knows how to guilt trip:
newavengers10a_zps08121efb.jpg

newavengers10b_zps9b33df6c.jpg

newavengers10c_zpse953e55e.jpg

newavengers10d_zps917c55e8.jpg

Infinity #3, how bad do the Inhumans have it? Lockjaw says it's.......
infinity3a_zps1b587dc2.jpg

infinity3b_zpscc810637.jpg

infinity3c_zps0fb64fdd.jpg

infinity3d_zps73ceacd3.jpg

• Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    is there a reason beast is now 12 feet tall?

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    manji wrote: »

He went through another mutation in issue 2 or 3 in ANXM.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    So, uhm, what actual justification is there to keeping the young X-Men in the present?

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    manji wrote: »

Growth spurts.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    So, uhm, what actual justification is there to keeping the young X-Men in the present?

The poorly written comic never says. everytime someone trys to be for it they are cut off before they explain why. Like everytime.

In no world is it smart to keep time displaced yourselves around. If they die you die. Its dumb.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    That's not true. The team has seen their future and they don't like it. If they go back in time they know Xavier will just mind wipe them which will make what they see in the future become an inevitability.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Jean Grey in particular doesn't like the fact that if she goes back, she's fated to die.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Young X-Men themselves want to stay in the present, everyone else wants to send them backnoutside of a handful.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    mojojoeo wrote: »

The poorly written comic never says. everytime someone trys to be for it they are cut off before they explain why. Like everytime.

In no world is it smart to keep time displaced yourselves around. If they die you die. Its dumb.

Young Jean Grey doesn't want to die. Twice. She'd, you know, rather be alive and stuff. Can't really blame her for that. Young Cyclops will pretty much always stand by Jean.

Kitty thinks that the O5 should go back, but that they have the right to choose for themselves and that they shouldn't force them to. Especially not by using force.

Rachel thinks that she should not tell someone they don't have the right to live in an alternate timeline. Obvious here, really.

Old Scott has said in earlier comics that he thinks the O5 should go back. He has also stated that his mission is to help all mutants who need it. Since Jean and Young Scott came and asked him for help, and Old Scott didn't really get a chance to justify himself, it seems to me like he's decided that his mission (help all mutants) takes precedence over what he wants (to send the O5 back to their own time).

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    AYvcjgA.png

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    False. Everything ends. Death is specific to living organisms. But death goes on because life goes on.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    pfff, look at this scrub, talking like he knows better than Reed Richards.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    pfff, look at this scrub, talking like he knows better than Reed Richards.

I can see the headlines now.

"Crimsondude discovered to be Doctor Doom trolling any Reed Richards related content."

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Again, I'm just the bagman.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    AYvcjgA.png

I think

uQ5bOZW.jpg

disagrees.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »

Young Jean Grey doesn't want to die. Twice.

this is where I get pedantic and explain how technically Jean only died once

• Options
    AspectVoid wrote: »

Young Jean Grey doesn't want to die. Twice.

this is where I get pedantic and explain how technically Jean only died once

Ah, but when Young Jean read old Beast's memories, she saw Jean Gray die twice. She didn't know about Phoenix duplicates and all that comicbook jazz. She just saw someone who looked like an older version of her who Beast had a large Jean Gray flag attached to die. Twice.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    AYvcjgA.png

I think

uQ5bOZW.jpg

disagrees.

Actually he kinda promotes the idea, because he dies all the time.

• Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Wouldn't it be awesome if Mr. Immortal was Thanos's son?

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    That facial expression makes it even better. Or does he do that all the time?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Only when he's being killed.

Which is kinda often, I guess.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be awesome if Mr. Immortal was Thanos's son?

Now I'm going to be sad if it's anyone else.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Isn't Mr. Immortal way beyond the age range?

• Options
    Age is a funny thing in comics

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    No, I mean he's not in the "late teens, early twenties" age range that Thanos was requesting.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    No, I mean he's not in the "late teens, early twenties" age range that Thanos was requesting.

It's possible that he's a teenager now, but in the future as an adult he goes back in time to the near present day. Maybe to prevent Thanos from taking him as a teenager by volunteering to go with him as an adult.
    It'd hardly be the weirdest bit of time travel shenanigans in recent memory, and with all the other time travel chicanery going on, why not toss in another chrononaut?

• Options
    And it wouldn't be the first time Mr. Immortal was involved in time-travel. From Wikipedia:
    "Deadpool refuses to leave the GLC's home, injuring those who try to kick him out. Mr. Immortal helps kick Deadpool out by simply living far into the future; there he encounters a time traveling Squirrel Girl and convinces her she needs to return to the past and evict Deadpool. Squirrel Girl comes back and does exactly that."
    Now I want to read that arc.
    tumblr_ml8ep0v6lA1rgkzlmo1_1280.jpg

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Anytime Deadpool met the Great Lakes Avengers, it was pure gold

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Superior Spider-Man #18 Superior vs 2099!
    8Jl0Zz8.jpg

Kj2BXrQ.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Who's the Third Man?

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Who's the Third Man?

Tiberius Stone, Grandfather to Migeul / Father to Tyler Stone (Former member of the Horizon Brain Trust geeks / also used to work for the kingpin.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    what's going on with emma's boobs in that first awesome moment

they seem to be one large boob which is undergoing mitosis

• Options
    SinogueSinogue Registered User regular
    what's going on with emma's boobs in that first awesome moment

they seem to be one large boob which is undergoing mitosis

Yeah, it seems a little weird and may be due to the colorist. But Bachelo's pencils look way better with, well.. anyone other than Bachelo coloring them. I'd let it slide.