As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mechwarrior Online] Porkchop sandwiches! Get the fuck out!

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    I don't think a sale on Champ mechs is lame...

Edit: n/m, they only give an XP boost :\

Laaaaaaaame.

P.s. the new smilies suck since the Vanilla update

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Life will never be the same without the suggestive innuendo emoticon. :(
    I've had nothing but fucking awful weight-stacked matches all night. Maybe two wins out of a dozen, and only one of those was actually a decent match.

What a shitty state of the game.

The matchmaker is one of the biggest reasons I have no interest in playing anymore. It is the most awful, broken piece if shit I have ever seen intentionally put into a video game. I don't care for having my wins and losses being hugely determined by how much the game feels like fucking me.

Regarding the PPC/AC-10 setup: Hardeeharhar. I ran that shit back when the Protector first dropped and knew it would catch on. That shit will never go away until the convergence and heat systems get fixed properly.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    W00dst0ckW00dst0ck Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I just realized that avg/time per match is skewed because it contains 8-man games (at least on some of the older maps). When did 12-man games begin? I think I made screenshots of the map stats prior to some of the "game changing" patches. Would be interesting to compare times between the two.

edit:

Google is your friend. Looks like Aug 13 was the beginning of 12v12. Have to look for the file now.

W00dst0ck on
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Honestly I'm mystified as to why Gauss Rifles aren't the meta again. The projectile speed buff was insane. Playing a dual Guass mech feels like easy mode, and I give zero fucks about poptarting PPC/ac10 Highlanders when they have to worry about heat and minimum ranges.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Honestly I'm mystified as to why Gauss Rifles aren't the meta again. The projectile speed buff was insane. Playing a dual Guass mech feels like easy mode, and I give zero fucks about poptarting PPC/ac10 Highlanders when they have to worry about heat and minimum ranges.

Gauss rifles aren't as good as they used to be. They're better at ultra long distance sniping and strictly worse at mid-range fighting or any kind of brawling.

• Options

Because people are dumb. Dual Gauss is crazy powerful but it involves just a hair more work than PPC/AC-10 so the pugs just use that instead.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Regarding the PPC/AC-10 setup: Hardeeharhar. I ran that shit back when the Protector first dropped and knew it would catch on. That shit will never go away until the convergence and heat systems get fixed properly.

That's what was funny: so many people were convinced that poptart pinpoint damage was killed with that patch, but not really. Things just work differently, but you can still get the same effects. Sure, your PPC's run hotter and you might decide to switch from Gauss to AC's, but nothing has really changed about the possibilities of gameplay styles, just player's perceptions of it. Hell, if you practice and learn to adjust, you can literally run the 2xPPC 1xGauss setup of times past. I won't deny that it's more difficult to pull off, but nothing really stops you from doing so.

I've noticed that more people are starting to catch on to this, and PPC's especially are becoming common again. They absolutely generate more heat (which is good because it makes you adjust your playstyle), but they still work, and are superior to LL's in most cases for Heavies and Assaults in particular.

Just as an anecdote, I've mainly been using LL's instead of PPC's since before the heat adjustments as a sort of protest (I know, that does't really make much sense, but I just wanted to be different). Lately, I've been using PPC's again in my heavier mechs, and their deadliness has improved.

I guess I'm rambling really, because I'm not trying to make a particular "this is good" or "this is bad" point, just an observation. As an aside, I wish they would buff LPL's or something, to make them more worthwhile to take as opposed to a PPC.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

Gauss rifles aren't as good as they used to be. They're better at ultra long distance sniping and strictly worse at mid-range fighting or any kind of brawling.

I hugely disagree with this. I ran them on a Jager and a Cataphract and did great up close with them.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Could not disagree more.

Gauss rifles have no minimum, generate no heat, and are practically hitscan at brawling ranges. I will purposefully get into close range with a dual Gauss Ilya because I can guarantee 30 damage on a weakened panel at that range.

• Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Because people are dumb. Dual Gauss is crazy powerful but it involves just a hair more work than PPC/AC-10 so the pugs just use that instead.

Ive used gauss 3 times since the change. Too much thinking for my pea brain. I rely too much on snap shots (whether they hit or not is a different question).

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    they're sort of a pain to use along with any other long range weapons, and not that many mechs can fit dual gauss comfortably. Plus it's pretty difficult to poptart with them now

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    W00dst0ckW00dst0ck Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    GRs can also explode and have 1/2 the HP of ACs. If those were removed, I would use them again.

W00dst0ck on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    They are exceedingly fragile.

That and the load up time if not wait time for it to discharge and then charge again if your shot is no good.....it doesn't help GR's popularity or playing style very well.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Yeah, the only big fix I would like to see on GR's is to allow you to hold the charge for 4 seconds or so.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    The part where they blow up and take a good chunk of my firepower is the main reason I stay away from them.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    New Command Chair update.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/141432-technical-update-november/page__pid__2886867#entry2886867
    Time for another Command Chair update to help shed some light on what’s currently taking up our time internally here at PGI, so without further ado what has engineering been up to?

DX11

As most of you are aware DX11 had some last minute critical bugs not entirely dissimilar to some of the black screen issues that have plagued production (it remains to be seen if the fixes for DX11 translate to DX9) we finally got to the bottom of these issues for DX11 this last week and it is moving back to QA to setup for a public test shortly.

Dynamic Pricing/Bundles

Every Friday and Monday we have to cycle the servers to accept new pricing information for weekend sales, we’ve desired for some time to not have to do this and this work is now completing to allow us to dynamically price items in the game without downtime. In addition there has been work done to allow us to sell bundles. These features allow for more dynamic and varied sales without any server downtime and will be released in conjunction with UI 2.0

UI 2.0

As many of you recently experienced UI 2.0 is moving along nicely there is still plenty to be done but Public Test has allowed many of you to experience it in its current state and provide feedback that will be incorporated into the final state.

Something we realized during the DX11 work is that the switch between windowed mode and full screen going into game opens up a lot of edge cases for the renderer e.g. handling you alt tabbing to a browser during the load into game.

We plan to remove this complexity in the upcoming UI 2.0 and keep the mode consistent front end to back, meaning that if you run windowed when you go into game the game will be windowed and similarly if you run full screen the Mechlab will be full screen and it will retain full screen as you transition into game.

Hit Detection

We are aware there are still some issues surrounding hit detection, particularly with SRMs and also certain Mechs hitboxes. As Paul recently posted hitboxes are being addressed and we are scheduling time for a closer look into why SRMs are suffering a loss in accuracy compared to other weapons.

Matchmaking

We know some high Elo players have been finding longer wait times to get into match, we’ve been monitoring the telemetry and there is no easy balance here if we loosen the values more to allow these players lower wait times they will start to match more readily with lower Elo players resuming the state we had before where new players would face more punishing competition than desired.

Ultimately we agree that the current status is not ideal and we are working towards addressing all these short comings for the new Pre Game screen that will be introduced shortly after UI 2.0 this will introduce tonnage limits and is being designed to handle faction play etc.

It will represent a significant shift in the way matches are made compared to the current system and as mentioned will incorporate all our learning’s so far, into what we hope will be a much more rewarding and balanced way to find a game.

Stability

We know there are still users experiencing freezing and black screen issues on production, we have been investigating but are still unable to reproduce this issue reliably or see any discernible pattern in the crash dumps we’ve seen.

If you can reliably get these issues and are willing to work with us to help resolve them as always please head to the Patch Feedback thread and post in the Crash and Stability Feedback thread we’ll do our best to work with you to get these issues resolved.

As discussed above a lot of stability work went into DX11 this work will be back ported to DX9 where applicable. You may also find that at least one render path or the other works better for your machine, we’d love to hear your feedback during the upcoming public test for DX11 so please come and join us when a date is fixed.

Disconnects

Since closed beta we’ve been tracking a mysterious slowdown that would occasionally get bad enough to backlog our users and cause users connections to drop it was finally resolved (hardware configuration issue in the data center) and since then we have not seen any recurrence of these issues.

If you continue to experience connectivity issues please post in the Patch Feedback forum in the Performance and Connectivity thread and again we will do our best to work with you to identify and resolve any issues that are game related.

Performance

We continue to monitor and work to improve performance, the next target for performance improvement is DX11. Our initial profiling has shown that out of the box the CryEngine DX11 render path is slower than the DX9 path so we have an uphill battle on this front. We’re going to be looking at what we can do to bring that performance above DX9 levels if possible (given the DX11 feature set we’d be surprised if this is not attainable).

If you have particular hardware or a setup you think is underperforming please notify us of it in the Patch Feedback forum and we’ll do our best to get it into rotation in our test lab and work to reproduce what you are seeing.

Hopefully this helps shed some light on what has been ongoing internally recently for us, we’re excited to get DX11 and UI 2.0 wrapped up and delivered to help lay the foundation for future work. These changes really do help to underpin a lot of future performance/stability/compatibility work not to mention improvements to the games visuals and new feature work.

These releases should hopefully mark a transition to a higher level of fidelity for the game and set the framework we’ll be working within for the years to come.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    I love my GR/LL/ML combo mechs. SO MUCH ALPHA. That is all.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    We are aware there are still some issues surrounding hit detection, particularly with SRMs and also certain Mechs hitboxes. As Paul recently posted hitboxes are being addressed and we are scheduling time for a closer look into why SRMs are suffering a loss in accuracy compared to other weapons.

If they can fix these issues I'll be happy.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    New Command Chair update.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/141432-technical-update-november/page__pid__2886867#entry2886867
    Time for another Command Chair update to help shed some light on what’s currently taking up our time internally here at PGI, so without further ado what has engineering been up to?

DX11

As most of you are aware DX11 had some last minute critical bugs not entirely dissimilar to some of the black screen issues that have plagued production (it remains to be seen if the fixes for DX11 translate to DX9) we finally got to the bottom of these issues for DX11 this last week and it is moving back to QA to setup for a public test shortly.

Dynamic Pricing/Bundles

Every Friday and Monday we have to cycle the servers to accept new pricing information for weekend sales, we’ve desired for some time to not have to do this and this work is now completing to allow us to dynamically price items in the game without downtime. In addition there has been work done to allow us to sell bundles. These features allow for more dynamic and varied sales without any server downtime and will be released in conjunction with UI 2.0

UI 2.0

As many of you recently experienced UI 2.0 is moving along nicely there is still plenty to be done but Public Test has allowed many of you to experience it in its current state and provide feedback that will be incorporated into the final state.

Something we realized during the DX11 work is that the switch between windowed mode and full screen going into game opens up a lot of edge cases for the renderer e.g. handling you alt tabbing to a browser during the load into game.

We plan to remove this complexity in the upcoming UI 2.0 and keep the mode consistent front end to back, meaning that if you run windowed when you go into game the game will be windowed and similarly if you run full screen the Mechlab will be full screen and it will retain full screen as you transition into game.

Hit Detection

Matchmaking

We know some high Elo players have been finding longer wait times to get into match, we’ve been monitoring the telemetry and there is no easy balance here if we loosen the values more to allow these players lower wait times they will start to match more readily with lower Elo players resuming the state we had before where new players would face more punishing competition than desired.

Ultimately we agree that the current status is not ideal and we are working towards addressing all these short comings for the new Pre Game screen that will be introduced shortly after UI 2.0 this will introduce tonnage limits and is being designed to handle faction play etc.

It will represent a significant shift in the way matches are made compared to the current system and as mentioned will incorporate all our learning’s so far, into what we hope will be a much more rewarding and balanced way to find a game.

Stability

We know there are still users experiencing freezing and black screen issues on production, we have been investigating but are still unable to reproduce this issue reliably or see any discernible pattern in the crash dumps we’ve seen.

If you can reliably get these issues and are willing to work with us to help resolve them as always please head to the Patch Feedback thread and post in the Crash and Stability Feedback thread we’ll do our best to work with you to get these issues resolved.

As discussed above a lot of stability work went into DX11 this work will be back ported to DX9 where applicable. You may also find that at least one render path or the other works better for your machine, we’d love to hear your feedback during the upcoming public test for DX11 so please come and join us when a date is fixed.

Disconnects

Since closed beta we’ve been tracking a mysterious slowdown that would occasionally get bad enough to backlog our users and cause users connections to drop it was finally resolved (hardware configuration issue in the data center) and since then we have not seen any recurrence of these issues.

If you continue to experience connectivity issues please post in the Patch Feedback forum in the Performance and Connectivity thread and again we will do our best to work with you to identify and resolve any issues that are game related.

Performance

We continue to monitor and work to improve performance, the next target for performance improvement is DX11. Our initial profiling has shown that out of the box the CryEngine DX11 render path is slower than the DX9 path so we have an uphill battle on this front. We’re going to be looking at what we can do to bring that performance above DX9 levels if possible (given the DX11 feature set we’d be surprised if this is not attainable).

If you have particular hardware or a setup you think is underperforming please notify us of it in the Patch Feedback forum and we’ll do our best to get it into rotation in our test lab and work to reproduce what you are seeing.

Hopefully this helps shed some light on what has been ongoing internally recently for us, we’re excited to get DX11 and UI 2.0 wrapped up and delivered to help lay the foundation for future work. These changes really do help to underpin a lot of future performance/stability/compatibility work not to mention improvements to the games visuals and new feature work.

These releases should hopefully mark a transition to a higher level of fidelity for the game and set the framework we’ll be working within for the years to come.

TL;DR:

"We are aware of [item X] and are working on a fix, but can't figure out how to even estimate timing on any of these."

Really, it's a mostly useless "update", with basically every one of those things being the same thing they said six months ago.

Though definitely thanks for posting it, Stabbity, I don't want you to think I'm equating PGI's dumbness with your courtesy in keeping us posted.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Basically, at this point, the game is at a standstill until UI2.0. So, you know, whenever that comes out, progress can begin again.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    so here's a question... are the art assets up for grabs if MWO tanks? cuz y'know... oosiks taking over and providing a better game than pgi and all that...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Meh. I popped my 90 days last night. Gonna grind with my Wang, Firebrand and Murometd (and maybe the rest of the premium mechs) for the next 3 months. By then UI 2.0 might be ready and ill have a pile of cash.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    My thirty days are almost out, once it is I may hold off on my 90 days for a bit considering the PS4 is coming out and got two games for that as well.

BTW Hydro can you give me the spec layout on that mech you suggested I get last night? Got both the Blackjack 1 and a Victor.

• Options
    If i play just an hour a day for 90 days i should have 72000000 in the bank

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Cade wrote: »
    My thirty days are almost out, once it is I may hold off on my 90 days for a bit considering the PS4 is coming out and got two games for that as well.

BTW Hydro can you give me the spec layout on that mech you suggested I get last night? Got both the Blackjack 1 and a Victor.

For the Pogo jack i use an XL210, 3ml, ac20, 2jj, endo, 11dhs

Others use slight variations.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    so here's a question... are the art assets up for grabs if MWO tanks? cuz y'know... oosiks taking over and providing a better game than pgi and all that...

My bet would be that, in the event that PGI does actually manage to tank MWO, all assets stay with the IP and the IP goes over entirely to IGP, or at the very least, IGP gets first dibs on all the assets.

I really don't think we'd be able to muster enough trained hands to run MWO for free, though. There's probably enough people with the proper training on the PA boards, collectively, to run something like that if it was a paying job and do better at it, but PGI's Cornerstone of Fail is that they suck at fixing relatively easy problems with sensible solutions. Stuff like netcode? Yeah, I cut PGI slack there, because I know that can be one helluva of a snarled mess of issues. Re-imagining and constructing 3D models of Battletech mechs that look kickass? I can't think of anybody, or any group of people, on the PA boards who could do that as well or as quickly as PGI's team.

But why are some mechs gigantic are others tiny, regardless of mass? That's something I bet we have at least a couple of Oosiks who could fix it on their own, and probably dozen or so folks on the PA boards who could do it. Weapons balance? Probably a zillion folks. Weight matching? That would be a tougher one, but I bet we could dig up some good coders who could figure out something way better than PGI's "wait for UI 2.0" approach.

The big three routes for MWO at this point are A) the PGI management stops sucking and figures out how to actually run things so MWO gets consistently good, B ) PGI continues to suck, MWO tanks, and somebody else picks up the Mechwarrior franchise for another go in 5-10 years, C) PGI continues to flounder, wasting huge potential thanks to poor management and making just enough off of selling mechs to get by for years, without MWO ever really taking off.

Obviously, I'd rather Option A, but if that's not going to happen, I'd rather see MWO tank fast so somebody else can start up the MW franchise again sooner, rather than PGI being able to drag it out and delay things for years.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    It was 11 years between MW4 and MWO. I wouldn't count on seeing another BT game anytime soon regardless.

• Options

For the Pogo jack i use an XL210, 3ml, ac20, 2jj, endo, 11dhs

Others use slight variations.

Much appreciated. I got most of them done already, only need to swap the engine and see what little changes need to make.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I know. If PGI doesn't get their shit together, it's not at all likely we'll see any "official" MW stuff for years and years. And even worse, the industry will view PGI's failure as a problem with the IP, not PGI's atrocious handling of the game, so interest in making something new with the material will be that much less.

About the only upside to this is that Star Citizen is looking more and more like it will be one hell of a persistent sim-esque experience, except without all the zany failure-by-protocol silliness.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Maybe its me but I'm not worried.

I get the feeling even if PGI had to pull out some day I could see someone else step in.

Either way, still not worried.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Well, it'll be what it will be. I just don't see the management problems going away, ever, but the company still has people who do their jobs and do them well. I'm more concerned about the competent folks getting jobs if the game tanks, but they shouldn't have any problem finding work since they can show some of the great stuff they've done. The folks running PGI? Yeah, it'd be hard for them to convince anyone else to take a chance on them if MWO tanks in spite of all the effort of the good people in the company.

The only reason I'm currently irritated about the whole thing is being out a hundred bucks on a game I literally can't play without bringing in a lance of ringers or getting pounded to nothing 95% of the time because of the shitty, shitty matchmaker that PGI has admitted screws over high-ELO players.

It's a fair chunk of money to lose on learning to never, ever, ever give PGI money again, but there are worse things that could happen.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    I'm sure I can speak for way too many when I say I wish I only had a hundred bucks invested.

• Options
    I'm sure I can speak for way too many when I say I wish I only had a hundred bucks invested.

I've got like $240 in it. I am cautiously optimistic, though.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    My 2 biggest concerns are Hitboxes and Matchmaker, both things they are currently looking into improving. But they aren't game destroying, I mean sure, Spiders are an absolute PITA to kill because of their issues, but the work around is to aim for their thighs, which is something you should be doing anyways. And the Matchmaker is shit, sure, but I still have enough good matches that I enjoy the game, and when I start getting too angry, I just stop playing and get something to eat, because chances are my bloodsugar has gotten too low if I'm that cranky about the matchmaker.

I'm guessing that mech dimensions will get another pass once PGI feels they have a large enough stable of mechs, so that the art team can go over completed mechs instead of building new ones. Sort of like how RIOT has been doing a lot more reworks and a lot less new champs lately.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Yeah, the Spider hitbox thing is simply a persistent nuisance, and not just because there have been things horribly broken by such a larger margin. I could deal with Spiders all day long if the damned matchmaker was actually worth half an ounce of rat crap.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    New massive Ask the Devs Quickfire Edition:
    http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/141445-ask-the-devs-50-quick-fire-edition-answered/page__pid__2887110#entry2887110
    Hello MechWarriors!

Here's the Ask the Devs 50 (Quickfire Edition)!

Thanks to Bryan for the multitude of answers. Stay tuned for the new format of Ask the Devs, coming SOON™ ;)

#1 MangoRhinehart: Will the option be available to change a Pilot's name? Possibly as a MC purchase?
    A: Yes we plan to support this feature for a fee.

#2 Crohnic: What will happen to our ability to use Assault `mechs once tonnage limits are implemented?
    A: You will still be able to use them, however it will require team coordination to stay within tonnage limits. Most players run multiples classes of `mechs.

#3 grayson marik: Pre-defined matches N vs M player sized groups, selectable opponent group. When?
    A: It's in the production pipeline, no ETA.

#4 kashper: Will you implement coming back to started drop if you DC during combat? (Assuming the `mech is still alive)
    A: Yes.

#5 ChrisM: Do you have any ideas/plans to add Omni-Mechs, so we only have to buy one variant of each `mech (e.g. much more expensive) which we can equip at will?
    A: We have an Omni Mech design in the works right now.

#6 reiGngehoWn: I want to change my email! ETA?
    A: We are now able to make email changes! Please log into the forums and visit this link to make the change: https://mwomercs.com/profile/email

#7 Thomas Covenant: Is 1PV exclusive matches going to return soon to those not a part of the 12 man premade scene? Are there certain population numbers you are wanting to meet before reintroducing the concept of a hardcore mode?
    A: Not in public queues. For now we have seen the ecosystem balance out nicely and players have adapted well to mixed view modes. Private matches will allow players the option to turn off 3PV.

#8 Magnakanus: Is it realistic to create, and if yes could we get, an in-client indicator of the number of users online or at the least the reinstatement of the number of active users (e.g. logged in within the last day/week/month/year)?
    A: No plans to add this back in.

#9 Dracol: What options are planned in CW in regards to helping Merc. Units work together for a common goal? (ie, alliances, joint contracts, etc.)
    A: Merc Units will be able to do this on their own informally and we are exploring a way for a Merc Unit to pad their teams with pick up players.

#10 CarnifexMaximus: Will UI 2.0 allow for a full view of the `mech's paper doll (head, torsos, arms and legs) all at once or will we only be able to view one section at a time?
    A: We are considering other visualizations of MechLab after the initial launch. The first will me less graphical, more advanced view where a player can see all of the components and critical space in one view.

#11 DeathofSelf: The servers seem to be rather unstable at times, which is particularly a problem on weekends- any plans to correct this?
    A: We monitor sever stability, and I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to. We had a bout of problems a few weeks ago during the middle of the week, this has since been resolved.

#12 CommEE: Are there any plans to address the usefulness of Single Heat Sinks versus Double Heat Sinks such as giving SHS a larger "heat reservoir" than DHS or making SHS lighter?
    A: It's a future tuning item.

#13 Xenroth: What do you think about not-so-common weapons that already exist in the timeline, like the Long Tom and Swarm LRM? Will we see them in the future?
    A: We're focused on Clan tech weapons and items currently. After that we can look at adding any other items that are currently available in the 3050 era.

#14 ShadowVFX: Have you considered implementing a CS-style quick radio commands into MWO while we wait for the more robust BF3-style command rose to get ready?
    A: Yes. We have plans for a commo rose, which will have many quick commands and orders.

#15 Razuko: Will the matchmaker ever replace disconnected or never-loaded players before a match starts?
    A: No. However, players that have been disconnected will be able to rejoin.

#16 Homeless Bill: At what pace will you be revisiting old `mechs to add dynamic gun models and re-work missile tubes (are we talking once per month, whenever you put out a Hero `mech, or what)?
    A: I believe the art team is doing 1 per month. There are only a handful left (6, I think).

#17 Crusadiar: What type of integration will players see as far as Company Commanders being able to edit the Battlegrid? More so than we have now, much like a paint editing tool; issuing movement orders via direct routs, with lines, arrows etc.
    A: No plans for visual editing tools in game.

#18 Glowhollow: We recognized some buildings which are damaged. Any Plans to introduce destroyable Buildings / Environment to block the ways - or, for example, exploding gas tanks?
    A: Yes, it's part of a future collisions update.

#19 Fryepod: Do you guys plan on making a "Solaris" type of mode or event? Where players could go one on one with spectators? Maybe in game C-bill betting or something of that nature?
    A: It's been discussed. A long term goal.

#20 LordRush: When CW arrives and conditions present themselves, would you guys ever consider giving more power to the people by having community-driven Houses instead of AI?
    A: Maybe, however we have seen other games try this and fail, so we are being cautious. Absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely. We always have to make sure a player or group of players cannot destabilize the game and adversely effect the player base.

#21 Alabraxis Hyperion: With the success of the community awards on the forums, any plans to put community content (screenshots, tutorials, videos etc.) on the main website? The weekly screenshot for instance could probably be crowd sourced from the playerbase and give people a chance to contribute "officially".
    A: A great idea, and one we are working towards right now.

#22 FactorlanP: With the perceived difficulty hitting certain small `mechs, can you please comment on the current state of hit detection and what is being done to correct situations where a `mech can apparently avoid damage to the point of effectively being much more armored than is truly the case?
    A: We are continually tuning, tweaking, and fixing hit detection.

#23 Sylara: Are there any plans to add any more new Hero Mechs that do not come from lore (i.e. such as the Ilya)? I would really really really love to see a Hero Catapult.
    A: Jester!

#24 Tyberion: Is there an ETA for Decals?
    A: It's a post DX11 feature.

#25 Malsumis: Will `mechs ever cause splash damage when they are completely destroyed?
    A: We've opted not to have secondary damage caused by `mech death explosions.

#26 Deathlike: Will 'mechs under UI 2.0 show the actual hitboxes that are designated internally by the game?
    A: No.

#27 Adridos: Will there be any improvement of general immersion enhancing features like rain?
    A: The art team has a laundry list of features they are working on to improve immersion. With a very aggressive content schedule, they find time between sprints to do extra work like this.

#28 kamakazie: Will the knock down mechanic ever be re-added to the game?
    A: Yes, as part of the a collision module.

#29 Ghost Badger: When IS UI 2.0 scheduled to drop?
    A: When it's done and stable. I encourage everyone to test it out when we have Public Tests.

#30 Vaasces Diablo: Would you consider putting more module slots on the locust?
    A: At this time no. When we do an audit of `Mechs, this will be looked at.

#31 Foust: Will fallen `mechs prevent or hinder movement in the future?
    A: No plans. It's a technical challenge with server-side movement.

#32 YellaChicken: Seeing as a death match mode has been mentioned and that free for all death match doesn't really have a place on a battlefield, is this likely to take place in a Solaris type setting/scenario?
    A: TDM will be something likely in public play, with DM being reserved for private matches and some sort of challenge series aka Solaris.

#33 Blade Pride: As a lone wolf player I would like to click "Launch" and be placed with a team, then stay with that team game after game until I leave the team. Will we see something like this? Or some other "Looking for a group" function.
    A: Something similar is planned. We're changing how the matchmaker works in a future update to allow players that have been matched together, to remain together.

#34 KnightmareX13: Will UI 2.0 include the option to change the field of view in the settings?

#35 KhujjoBD: Will the existing hero and founders `mechs be retro fitted with the loyalty bonus to bring them in line with the current Phoenix `mechs?
    A: No. We may offer a way for you to earn an in-game upgrade.

#36 trickyrick: Will we ever be able to see what skill level fellow/enemy players have on their `mech in use? Like ( B.) for basic (E) for elite and (M) for master after the chassis name. Or color-coded maybe?
    A: Yes, I hope so. It's on my wishlist.

#37 Terciel1976: Any chance that thumbnails will reflect our custom paint in UI2.0?
    A: It's planned.

#38 cepera: What other `mechs will be ECM capable in future?
    A: Can't comment on that right now. But there will be more in the future.

#39 Interrogator: Are there any plans to have multiple ratings for ECM and BAP (i.e. Simple, Intermediate, Advanced) allowing for more interesting equipment and `mech combinations?
    A: Neat idea, no plans at this very moment.

#40 Flawed: Will missiles be able to lock on to individual body parts with in the future like we did in the previous MechWarrior games?
    A: Another good idea, no plans currently.

#41 Ronan: What are the maps you're currently working on, maybe in order of "completeness"?
    A: HPG is coming out in December, after that we're not sure quite yet. We have a few prototype levels in the works for CW.

#42 Fnordish: How much lead time will we get before the patch is launched that allows the forming of Merc. Companies?
    A: 2-4 weeks.

#43 Sir Stomps A Lot: Any chance we'll see a small ballistic weapon other than machine guns in the near future? My Locust 1V(P) would really like some variety.
    A: If it's in the timeline and available, eventually.

#44 Matta: Roughly when can we expect to see next Hero light `mech ?
    A: Spring.

#45 Epicedion: Can we expect critical hits to basic `mech systems in the future, and if so when-ish / what-ish? I'm talking about hits to Gyro, Life Support, Lower Leg Actuator, that sort of thing, as well as Engine hits.
    A: We'd love to start doing this. Right now we're focused on other core features.

#46 Levi Porphyrogenitus: Is there an ETA for more objective-based rewards emphasis (whether fresh objective-based game modes or reworked rewards for Conquest capture victories)?
    A: We're design more granular role and team work rewards as we speak.

#47 RiceyFighter: What is the current situation with weight restriction?
    A: We have tightened up the weight restrictions for now. This will be replaced by tonnage limits in a future update.

#48 thunderswamp: Will we get a dense city with no open areas just streets and alley ways for the `mechs to fight on?
    A: Probably not, the `mechs need enough room to move around.

#49 Nurph: Would you consider adding an option to disable film grain? (performance/eye strain reasons)

#50 Gorak6: Will players ever be able to know what map they are dropping on before they choose a `mech/variant, if so how will/might this be implemented?
    A: Yes, we are working on this feature right now - ready screen (lobby)

Bonus:

Robert Corso: In the coming year how many new `mechs do you plan on releasing?
    A: At least 12 and probably a lot more.

uwasawaya: Are you planning on implementing options to adjust HUD colors for the colorblind? Specifically targeting boxes and reticules and damage readouts?
    A: Yes when we revisit the HUD and revamp it.

Tarzilman: When will other actions besides making as much damage and kill as many enemies as possible be rewarded or rather be more rewarded, especially capping?
    A: We're working on adding a bunch of role and team play rewards.

van Uber: I appreciate you being very active on twitter, no complaints there, but could you please add your twitter stream on this page so we can see it here as well?
    A: I'll bug Kyle.

CateranEnforcer: A lot of questions are about things with no ETA or otherwise very little to update us about. Is there anything you *can* talk more about that's not commonly asked about?
    A: That's a big question. Yes. And the answer is going to come soon in the form of a new format for the CDU and ATD.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    #8 Magnakanus: Is it realistic to create, and if yes could we get, an in-client indicator of the number of users online or at the least the reinstatement of the number of active users (e.g. logged in within the last day/week/month/year)?

Shock.

• Options
    My favorite question on that list is the last one, since the guy is basically asking if there is anything PGI can be more specific about since everything they say ends with "in planning/on the way/soon/working on it/other bullshit".

And PGI responds with "Of course! We'll talk about it soon!"

Seriously, how terrible can you get about giving out info?

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »

Shock.

Why would they?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »

Shock.

Why would they?

Why wouldn't they? Unless the number would be alarmingly low.