As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2014 Cosplay

• Options
    DedEyeDedEye DCRegistered User regular
    I was Cardboard Tube Samurai Waldo on Friday (I was looking for other Waldos so I could defeat them Highlander style and declare "there can only be one!"). The tube was too small and I think the reference was lost on most.

Saturday and Sunday I was Bane Waldo / Banedo / Where's Bane. That was a blast and was a lot more recognizable. To answer anyone who saw me but didn't understand the combination, "No one cared where I was, until I put on the mask."

My outfit had nothing on the cosplayers who made their own elaborate costumes, but I'd still love to see any pictures people have.

• Options
    AlthenaAlthena Registered User regular
    mp4podcast wrote: »
    I have 1,350 cosplay photos on my Flickr account you have to check if I took a photo of you. A few photos I need to fix in Adobe Lightroom with the raw files. The photos that are uploaded in this set are JPEGS right from my camera. I give cosplayers equal rights to the photos you can use them on your site. You can sell them I do not care.

PAX EAST 2014 COSPLAY Not Edited Photos

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mp4podcast/sets/72157643985315884/

Can someone please tell me how to post photos from my Flickr account?

Aw man, you have the other female heavy that was running around, but not me. I got a great picture with her and the scout, though.

• Options
    ValderineValderine Registered User new member
    Skrepo wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for another great year. My daughter and I had a blast as Elsa and Olaf.

I heard about your cosplay Skrepo, but sadly did not see it. If you have any pictures I would LOVE to see it!

• Options
    RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    I have 1,350 cosplay photos on my Flickr account you have to check if I took a photo of you. A few photos I need to fix in Adobe Lightroom with the raw files. The photos that are uploaded in this set are JPEGS right from my camera. I give cosplayers equal rights to the photos you can use them on your site. You can sell them I do not care.

When you see your photo there are three white circles click them "More Action". Now you will see "Download / All Sizes"

P4111925.jpg

Thanks for getting them all together! I thought I remembered who you were and I SWORE you got pics of me when I was classic Lara Croft. You took pics of me on an upper floor after a panel I went to. I remember you saying that the lighting wasn't great and you took quite a few.... If that's not you, I'm sorry! I looked at the site and didn't see any of me. So, if you (or anyone else) got pictures of me one of those three days... I would love to see them. I was:

Friday: Wendy Testaburger (my boyfriend was Stan Marsh)
    Saturday: Classic Lara Croft (my boyfriend was Alex Weiss)
    Sunday: Ellie (my boyfriend was Joel)

Note: my boyfriend usually changed about 7pm each day into something more comfortable... but I stayed in mine until PAX closed each day. Hopefully I can see some photos :smile:

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • Options
    jbr0530jbr0530 BostonRegistered User regular
    In search of Poison Ivy —does anyone know who she is? Does she have a cosplay page or anything? She was fantastic and shes got me under her spell!

20bo8tjw2d8z.jpg

pi.jpg 548.1K
  • Options
    SilverDragonwolfSilverDragonwolf MaineRegistered User new member
    edited April 2014
    Had a blast at PAX this year! I dressed up as "Dirk the Daring" Saturday and then just me and "Singe" on Friday. I wondered how many people got pictures of me. I never get around to taking many pictures at cons, soo much to see. Also, I thought you guys would enjoy this one that I did manage to snap from the skybridge! :)
    yx5sl2c562ug.jpg
    e47fpakl6zjd.jpg

SilverDragonwolf on
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Thanks everyone for another great year. My daughter and I had a blast as Elsa and Olaf.
    That was you? You guys were adorable! My group couldn't stop talking about you!

When you see your photo there are three white circles click them "More Action". Now you will see "Download / All Sizes"

P4111925.jpg
    Thank you! You've got some great ones of my Hotline Miami cosplay in there!

TopherRocks on
  • Options
    AlthenaAlthena Registered User regular
    jbr0530 wrote: »
    In search of Poison Ivy —does anyone know who she is? Does she have a cosplay page or anything? She was fantastic and shes got me under her spell!

20bo8tjw2d8z.jpg

Yup, she and her Gambit pulled me aside for pictures- she's very nice!

http://www.negativestacey.com/

• Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Awesome - thanks so much, yeah she was super nice and quite hypnotic. Thanks again! :)

• Options
    SkrepoSkrepo Registered User regular
    We made the second day post for Ars Techinca: arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/gallery-more-costumes-competitions-and-consoles-at-pax-east-2014-day-2/#image-15
    I have a couple of pictures that I need to post, but haven't been around a computer where I could. maybe later today.

• Options
    We made the second day post for Ars Techinca: arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/gallery-more-costumes-competitions-and-consoles-at-pax-east-2014-day-2/#image-15
    I have a couple of pictures that I need to post, but haven't been around a computer where I could. maybe later today.

Omg.... you both are adorable!!! My son and I both love Frozen!! Glad you had a good time!! :smiley:

• Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    I was the red headed Ellie from Last of Us. If anyone has pictures, let me know :)

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    Anyone got some pictures of my friend as Doctor Horrible? He asked me to post about it, since he was doing a lot of posing for shots. Sadly not many people realized I was Captain Hammer unless I was right with him :P . Did have a blast meeting up with the Ghost Busters though! We are contemplating doing the Firefly crew next year.

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Wulf wrote: »
    Anyone got some pictures of my friend as Doctor Horrible? He asked me to post about it, since he was doing a lot of posing for shots. Sadly not many people realized I was Captain Hammer unless I was right with him :P . Did have a blast meeting up with the Ghost Busters though! We are contemplating doing the Firefly crew next year.

I'm almost positive my best friend yelled/fangirled at you by one of the escalators around lunch time!

• Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Seperate wolf pelt... so cosplay
    satyr16 wrote: »
    Part of the back rig for my Isaac Clarke outfit. I recently added the stasis module unit. Need to add a few more pieces, paper mache it, add straps to it to seat on my back properly, then hand paint it. Then on to the helmet!
    84PENi7.jpg
    ReqxHwf.jpg

Alas! I didn't spot you to take pictures together. Mine turned out really well though! I love the 'gif' of my friend and I doing Badger Badger. http://i.imgur.com/7Askaod.jpg
    yup_zpsabce9e88.jpg
    10268608_10105008914212581_8130214988220640475_n_zpsa7c0683b.jpg

APacMan on
    We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    AaronCAaronC Enforcer - Lieutenant Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Thanks everyone for making weapons checks so easy for us. If you have any feedback I always check my PMs.

AaronC on
  • Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    Thank YOU guys! You were great, and while the gentleman at the desk on Sunday couldn't help me with my freaking belt, I do appreciate his concern and his attempt to help out.

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    mp4podcastmp4podcast Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

Renneesme wrote: »

P4111925.jpg

Thanks for getting them all together! I thought I remembered who you were and I SWORE you got pics of me when I was classic Lara Croft. You took pics of me on an upper floor after a panel I went to. I remember you saying that the lighting wasn't great and you took quite a few.... If that's not you, I'm sorry! I looked at the site and didn't see any of me. So, if you (or anyone else) got pictures of me one of those three days... I would love to see them. I was:

Friday: Wendy Testaburger (my boyfriend was Stan Marsh)
    Saturday: Classic Lara Croft (my boyfriend was Alex Weiss)
    Sunday: Ellie (my boyfriend was Joel)

Note: my boyfriend usually changed about 7pm each day into something more comfortable... but I stayed in mine until PAX closed each day. Hopefully I can see some photos :smile:

I remember taking photos of two different Tomb Raider girls. I have the photos on my Flickr account.

mp4podcast on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Althena wrote: »
    jbr0530 wrote: »

20bo8tjw2d8z.jpg

removed

zerzhul on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Please do not post promotional links.

• Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Hey guys - The Horrible / Hammer costumes were a big hit - Thanks again to Wulf for helping me build the death ray and making a great Captain Hammer. If anyone got pics of us we would love to get them - turns out you should remember to get more pics of your own taken when you cosplay.

We did get a group shot with the ghostbusters gang which was awesome!

p4mx7rk4xf7h.jpg

Funny stories - We were at the Logan Airport hotel, so we ending up walking though a little bit through the airport to get to the bus stop. Day 1 in costume I was stopped by a TSA agent... so he could take my picture, then had his co-worker take a picture with me mock holding him up with the deathray.

Day 3 - A local cop sees me in the Airport, chews me out that 'this isn't Disneyland' takes my ID and does a check on it and basically lays into me for 10 minutes for having the deathray in the airport. When the frigging TSA is the reasonable party, things seem a bit off.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    FunnelKing27FunnelKing27 Registered User regular
    I havent seen any pics of the awesome female sonic anywhere. I thought she was Fantastic! jOTRk9A.jpg
    Soo Many great Cosplays this year! Great job to everybody who made one...or more!

• Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Wulf wrote: »

I'm almost positive my best friend yelled/fangirled at you by one of the escalators around lunch time!

Awesome :D
    I do feel bad though, on the last day we were getting ready to leave, and I was so tired that I didn't realize some folks were doing the tune from the Sing-A-Long blog. Great PAX though, and I saw a ton of great costumes, just wish that wearing gloves didn't make it damn near impossible to take pictures on the fly :P

Edit: The few shots I got. https://www.flickr.com/photos/77877819@N04/sets/72157644045975805/

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    My group was doing the Fairy Tail cosplay. I'd love to see any pictures people have taken!

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • Options
    Hey everyone I'm doing my Adobe Lightroom edits nows. You can download the photos from my Flickr account. But I'm embedding photos from Photobucket. There is a problem embedding Flickr photos on the forums I guess its some kind of HTML problem.

Pax East 2014 Boston Adobe Lightroom Edits

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mp4podcast/sets/72157644044262705/

Here some some samples of my edits.

P4123035.jpg

P1060770.jpg

P4112393-2.jpg

P4111948-2.jpg

P4111934.jpg

P4111925-3.jpg

• Options
    I havent seen any pics of the awesome female sonic anywhere. I thought she was Fantastic! jOTRk9A.jpg
    Soo Many great Cosplays this year! Great job to everybody who made one...or more!

I fixed up this photo in Adobe Lightroom download the photo from my Flickr account. I'll delete the photo once the owner of the photo has downloaded it. To download from Flickr click the three white circles "More Action" then you will see "Download / All Sizes"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mp4podcast/13894773014/

jOTRk9A.jpg

• Options
    yea... the two Lara's you got were not me :(

• Options
    yea... the two Lara's you got were not me :(

I did take one more Lara Croft. Is this you.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mp4podcast/13864491105/in/photostream/

• Options
    dangit! No :( I was wearing a light blue tank, I had the rose colored glasses. Square backpack. Black and silver guns...

• Options
    speaking of... did anyone have their picture taken by an asian guy... in his 20s probably... he told me that he was putting them on FB but I forget the name he said.... something something cosplayer...

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Still looking for pictures of my Dryad Soraka cosplay I did on Saturday. You can see the one picture I got that wasn't great on my profile picture. I was the Dryad Soraka with the handmade costume.

Valderine on
  • Options
    cnaf7211cnaf7211 Registered User regular

P4111925.jpg

Thanks for posting these up and taking the time to pose us. The Colossal Titan and Bee's first time cosplaying, so we were pretty awful at posing.

• Options
    Adamx98Adamx98 Registered User new member

P4111925.jpg

Awesome shots, man. Thanks for putting in all that work to capture some of these great costumes!

Out of curiosity from a gear-nerd perspective... I noticed the exif data said these were shot with an Oly E-PL2, but didn't give any values for aperture or focal length. May I ask what lens(es) you were using? I only get those kinds of values when I use oldschool full manual glass that doesn't pass data to the camera body. And if it wasn't a prime lens, what focal length do you find works best for these situations?

If this was all done with manual focus/manual exposure glass then bonus hat-tip to you, sir :)

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Adamx98 wrote: »

P4111925.jpg

Awesome shots, man. Thanks for putting in all that work to capture some of these great costumes!

Out of curiosity from a gear-nerd perspective... I noticed the exif data said these were shot with an Oly E-PL2, but didn't give any values for aperture or focal length. May I ask what lens(es) you were using? I only get those kinds of values when I use oldschool full manual glass that doesn't pass data to the camera body. And if it wasn't a prime lens, what focal length do you find works best for these situations?

If this was all done with manual focus/manual exposure glass then bonus hat-tip to you, sir :)

Hi I used a Minolta 50mm f1.7 on a Micro 4/3 there is a 2X times crop factor. So on a full frame its the same coverage as 100mm lens. Use a adapter to use my Dad's old Minolta lens. For about 97% of the photos are taken at f1.7. When I manual focus I focus on peoples eyes. If I take a photo of two people and that are really close to each other I'll stop down to f2.8.

I take my photos in raw+jpeg. Jpegs are so I can upload fast and everyone can see their photos. But then I like to play with the raw files and jazz up the colors in Adobe Lightroom.

Olympus E-PL2 I focus with digital zoom. Its very hard to manual focus if its sunny outdoors. I was going to get a digital viewfinder but decided not to because it has to go on the hotshoe. So I'm looking at some hoodloops that I can stick on the back of the LCD screen. This way I can still have a flash on top of the camera and still focus good with a hoodloop. Maybe I'll buy a digital viewfinder when they are really cheap. When I'm outdoors when its sunny I use my Panasonic GH2 camera. Its still hard to manual focus as light is going into the viewfinder. Its kind of like having the windows open when your watching TV back in the 90's with CRT TV sets.

They way I shoot is in aperture mode that's A mode. I use auto ISO. The E-PL2 has three spot meters. One if just a normal spot meter. The other two one of them is for highlights and the other one is for shadows. Let's say I want to take a photo of a person and the windows is behind them and light is coming in. I'll use the shadow spot meter and over expose the back ground but get the right exposure for the person.

mp4podcast on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    cnaf7211 wrote: »

P4111925.jpg

Thanks for posting these up and taking the time to pose us. The Colossal Titan and Bee's first time cosplaying, so we were pretty awful at posing.

I think you guys did a great job posing.

mp4podcast on
  • Options
    JackWrenJackWren Registered User regular
    Thanks very much for posting your Flickr. I was the Axton, first time cosplaying so it's great to be able to see some real photography.

• Options
    MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    Here's my album of cosplay (so far) on Facebook! I have a good bit more to add. Feel free to tag yourself/friend request me! :)

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528262498&sk=photos&collection_token=528262498:2305272732:69&set=a.10152062098302499.1073741830.528262498&type=1

Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
  • Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Ruuuuuuuuuun!!!!
    Run_zps8e8c687d.jpg

Shenanigans!
    20140412_142239_zpsf62ecae3.jpg
    20140412_142339_zpsc7f59181.jpg
    20140412_144209_zps7eaf9f69.jpg
    20140412_144533_zpsd48bfa7f.jpg
    20140412_145224_zpsb5d75d14.jpg
    20140412_115729_zps77e1cec6.jpg
    10268608_10105008914212581_8130214988220640475_n_zpsa7c0683b.jpg

APacMan on
    We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    SilverDragonwolfSilverDragonwolf MaineRegistered User new member
    speaking of... did anyone have their picture taken by an asian guy... in his 20s probably... he told me that he was putting them on FB but I forget the name he said.... something something cosplayer...

I believe that would be this guy :) I got my picture taken by him too! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cosplayer-Nation/100338663392734

• Options
    BatmanSays5BatmanSays5 Registered User regular
    DedEye wrote: »
    Saturday and Sunday I was Bane Waldo / Banedo / Where's Bane. That was a blast and was a lot more recognizable. To answer anyone who saw me but didn't understand the combination, "No one cared where I was, until I put on the mask."

My outfit had nothing on the cosplayers who made their own elaborate costumes, but I'd still love to see any pictures people have.

I loved the Bane Waldo!

Here you are:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/doug_001/13883818445/in/set-72157644023612445

For anyone else looking, here's a set of cosplayers that I found. Everyone did such great jobs!
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsjX9897H