Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] part of the Hello Kitty Family.

• Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    Is it really that easy to run this with a double SoD Lucifer team? I can run that, but my sub selection is decidedly sub-par and I still lack the Team Cost pool to pull off just running RKs as subs.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Sorry, it's not THAT easy and yes you'd need RKs. http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=429

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i might give the double noel/gabriel shot on my tablet this afternoon assuming i recharge by then but i don't think its happening otherwise since i don't think my dark subs are up to snuff level wise.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I should have probably just listed the subs. One thing I do have going for me is decent RCV. I think the best I can do is to run two Liliths, a Gryps Rider Finn, and a Pierdrawn. That gives a HP pool of over 24,000 and over 8000 RCV with the dual SoD leaders. I think that means that the biggest danger is floor 1 and also one of my SoDs getting bound by Valk right? Finn could maybe be replaced by an Echnida or Siren also.

Sorry for all the questions, I know I can look up the layout of the dungeon but I know there are probably things I'll miss as a relative novice.

• Options
    i would probably swap out one of the lilliths for the siren or echinada, probably the echinada first since you already have a heart maker in the pierdrawn. is your siren skilled up?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    Saammiel wrote: Β»
    I should have probably just listed the subs. One thing I do have going for me is decent RCV. I think the best I can do is to run two Liliths, a Gryps Rider Finn, and a Pierdrawn. That gives a HP pool of over 24,000 and over 8000 RCV with the dual SoD leaders. I think that means that the biggest danger is floor 1 and also one of my SoDs getting bound by Valk right? Finn could maybe be replaced by an Echnida or Siren also.

Sorry for all the questions, I know I can look up the layout of the dungeon but I know there are probably things I'll miss as a relative novice.

I'm not the most familiar with the dungeon, but I know you're looking at a very long very intense grind without any gravities to help spike her down.

• Options
    Personal thought, @Saammiel - wait until you get some more team cost and maybe a Hera or 2. It will save you grief in the end.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Yeah, that is probably the prudent plan. But what fun is prudence?! I may just be too jazzed up on my Lucifer pull.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Upset at myself - spent a stone on Valk due to poor orb matching again. Easily 0-stonable with my team, but I used 3 stones over 2 Legendary runs. The good news is, Valk dropped both times for me first time. 3 stones for 2 Valks. I'll live with that. Much better than my initial Hera run that took 5 stones months ago. Let's see, this is my summary of Descend clears:

1 Hera: 6 stones (net -5 with clear)
    2 Hera-Is runs: 7 stones (4 on one, chest; 3 on another, drop)
    5 Hera-Ur runs: 0 stones (only 1 drop though...)
    1 Goemon: (unsuccessful so far, should be easy next time I try. Had bad first round luck with no dark orbs and didn't feel like trying again)
    2 Valk: 3 stones (2 on first Valk, 1 on second Valk. Dropped both times)

I've been pretty lucky on boss drops and haven't used too many stones overall.

15 stones for Hera, Hera-Is, Hera-Ur, Valk x2. I'll take it.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    draw4wilddraw4wild Registered User regular
    This was a great event for me, managed to snag a highlander, Hera-ur and valk, plus one or 2 skill ups on everyone from poring. My healer team will probably be Valk, Venus, echidna, king shynee, Angelion. Would ultimate Bastet make a better sub?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't think so, Draw4Wild. Your first listed team is one of the strongest end-game healer teams. Bastet could be used situationally, I suppose.

Also, does not look like I will be maxing this second Valk with my saved Drops from 2-week Poring. Just went 2/18 on skill ups, so I have 7 remaining to try for 4 skillups - not likely, haha. She's at max level in first form, so will save those until I can get the MM and mythlits to evolve her. Looks like I'm not done with Poring after all! Though I suppose having an unmaxed second Valk isn't too terrible, since hopefully my Valk team will already have 2 (mine and leader friend). Still, would rather have 3 ;)

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    This was a great event for me, managed to snag a highlander, Hera-ur and valk, plus one or 2 skill ups on everyone from poring. My healer team will probably be Valk, Venus, echidna, king shynee, Angelion. Would ultimate Bastet make a better sub?

No, I think your current setup is solid. Maybe some day we'll get more descends where mass attack is helpful but for the time being it's pretty meh.

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    Valk sucked for me today, just cleared Legendary for the first time.

Wave 1, took me 6 turns and all were dead.
    Wave 2, killed Light in 3 turns, charged skills on others.
    Wave 3, used Siren once was never in much trouble
    Wave 4, double gravity + Lucifer took out Wood, 15ish turns later killed frost.
    Wave 5... I had her about 1/3 dead and didnt pay attention and failed a heart match so death 1. Had her about 40% dead and tried to stretch a 3 heart orb to 4 heart orb and got 0 heart orbs, death 2. Got her to about 51-52% health, thought one more turn than can sweep, 6 sky fall combos later she has 100% health. Got about 1/3 dead again and died. Got her about 50% dead and had a phone call that stopped my heart orbs from moving, death 4. Her health was pretty much even with the 50% mark, double gravity + Lucifer + Siren + HQP = sweeped..... chest drop.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Bah. 2-stoned Mythical, both stones burnt on the demons. I could've 0-stoned if I'd planned my strategy out better; I spent 35 turns charging skills with one demon pumping out Evil Slashes, whereas I should've kept them both above 35% until Morning Star was ready again. Valk herself was a bit of a healing check, but overall quite doable because Lucifer.

Oh well. Got a second Valk, and picked up a Dark Golem to boot.

Billmaan on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

Ultimate Bastet is great, but you have even better subs for most cases. Although the "strongest" Healer team would likely be Ultimate Bastet/Ultimate Bastet if you can hit the combo hurdle every time.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Couldn't try Valk this morning because no one on my friends list felt like putting a Kirin up. Hopefully there'll be at least one tonight after work, so I can get that awesome chest drop.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»

Ultimate Bastet is great, but you have even better subs for most cases. Although the "strongest" Healer team would likely be Ultimate Bastet/Ultimate Bastet if you can hit the combo hurdle every time.

If you're running Bastet as a lead, are you just running a healer team for King Shynee? Wouldn't you be better off running stronger subs (Parvati, Gravity, Orochi, etc.)?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    TannerMS wrote: Β»

If you're running Bastet as a lead, are you just running a healer team for King Shynee? Wouldn't you be better off running stronger subs (Parvati, Gravity, Orochi, etc.)?

Maybe? I haven't looked into the specifics. I'll need to get a double Emerald and Topaz sprite to evolve her and they are not wanting to drop. Hopefully tonight's Star Breaking Dragon will go better.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    TannerMS wrote: Β»

That would be my guess... that way King Shynee will boost all of your attacks in basically every color. When you get to 7 (I think?) combos your damage will be 48x and at 4 combos your damage will be 18.75x.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what the math is for combos vs. multi-orb matches?

Like, how much does a 2-combo multiply my attacks? How about a 4 or 5 orb match in one color? If I've got 6 orbs of one color in the grid, am I better off making a line of six or two 3-orb matches? If I've got two adjacent lines of 3 in the same color that are touching they clear as one match instead of a two combo. Does that count the same as matching six in a line?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    That's a good question.
    Each time you match 3 of a color you get the monsters base attack added. So 2x3 with a 1k monster is 2k.
    Each additional off color combo (or same color) is *1.25.
    Its better to get more combos than more orbs together unless you have an orb enhancer. Play around with this thing.
    http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/calculator1.asp

Anyone else have a more mathy answer for the FAQ in the OP?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Is this in the OP? It has a whole section on Damage Calculation that goes into the math.

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Mechanics

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    That's a good question.
    Each time you match 3 of a color you get the monsters base attack added. So 2x3 with a 1k monster is 2k.
    Its better to get more combos than more orbs together unless you have an orb enhancer. Play around with this thing.

There's no need for detailed math (though I can provide it if really desired). Even with orb enhancers, there are very very few situations in which you would ever get more damage from large matches than from more combos.

[Quick example: with a 1k attack monster, two 3-orb matches gives you 2k base damage, while one 6-orb match gives you 1.75k...but the 3-orb matches also give you an extra match toward your combo count. If those were your only matches on the board, you'd be looking at 2.5k damage for the two 3-orb matches, versus 1.75k for the single 6-orb match. You'd need 5(!) orb enhancers for the 6-orb match to pull ahead. On top of that, the 3-orb matches provide a bigger boost to damage in the other colors.

Of course, things get more complicated when you have bigger combos and more monsters, but in virtually all situations, you want more combos.

The one exception, of course, is when you want an AoE attack. Then you should make one 5-match, plus as many 3-matches as you can.]

• Options
    That's a good question.

That calculator is handy.

To answer my own question, from using the calculator:

* Matching more than 3 orbs adds a 25% multiplier per additional orb. So a 3 orb combo does 100% damage, 4 orbs 125%, etc.
    * Each 3-orb match gives 100% in its color
    * Each match in a combo chain gives +25% to all other color attacks (or heal). As far as I can tell it doesn't matter how many orbs you match; a ten-orb match in red gives a +25% bonus in green, same as a 3-orb match would have.

So it's always strictly better to make more combos if you have 6+ orbs. If you have 6 green orbs and 3 red orbs, matching a line of 6 and a line of 3 would give you 200% green + 125% red. Matching two lines of 3 green and one line of 3 red will give you 225% green + 150% red.

A full grid match (30 orbs) is 775% damage. One of the change-grid-to-three-colors gods could, theoretically, give you a 10-combo of 3-orb matches in your three colors. That would be 475% + 475% + 550% (3, 3, and 4 combos in the three colors). Which one actually does more damage would depend on your team makeup, but I'd guess that 775% from your entire team (if you're playing mono-red goemon or mono-green zeus-dios or something) would be more than the three-way split.

Note: All of my percentages here are just percentages of your base damage, not cumulative percent-bonuses like cumulative Gravities. If your base damage is 1000 in all colors and you get a 3-combo in different colors, you'll do 1500 damage from each color (100% + 25% off-color + 25% off-color).

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Speaking of mechanics, how does the friend thing work? Say I'm on my phone and I want to enter a dungeon using my iPad's leader as a friend. How many times can I go back to my iPad and refresh my account so I can keep using that friend? Is there a limit to how many times you can do that, or how many times in an hour or day or...?

• Options
    Smoogy wrote: Β»
    Is this in the OP? It has a whole section on Damage Calculation that goes into the math.

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Mechanics

What I was using yesterday to see how many combos I would need roughly to sweep Valk and not let her heal.

Also what I used in the last thread (i think) where figured it was better to use a mono fire Goemon team if you have phoenix + Freyr, but no phoenix better to use physical team with King Blue and a color enhance (like freyr).

Though main reason is I get bored at work and I am blocked from puzzledragonx

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: Β»
    Speaking of mechanics, how does the friend thing work? Say I'm on my phone and I want to enter a dungeon using my iPad's leader as a friend. How many times can I go back to my iPad and refresh my account so I can keep using that friend? Is there a limit to how many times you can do that, or how many times in an hour or day or...?

The only limits are that you only get the friend points once per day, and you can only use their monster once per time they refresh it for you.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    What is the difference between Phoenix, Horus, and Hera-Ur actives?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: Β»

The only limits are that you only get the friend points once per day, and you can only use their monster once per time they refresh it for you.
    That's what I thought, but I've been trying to use my iPad account as a leader on my phone and it stopped showing up after two times. I've been logging in, quitting to menu, clearing app out of system tray and it just won't show up anymore, it's weird.

• Options

Phoenix and Horus are near impossible to skillup, Hera-Ur affects two colors for no additional time, and is easier to skillup.

38thDoE on steam

• Options

Phoenix and Horus are near impossible to skillup, Hera-Ur affects two colors for no additional time, and is easier to skillup.

Excellent, maybe one day I will be able to run a Goemon team with my Freyr and Hera-Ur subs.. Mmmmm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So jealous of people with Freyr, I had temporarily quit when Flame Archer was available.

• Options
    can someone put up a hermes or WD gabriel?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @mts I put up my WD Gabriel

@38thdoe looks like your Database was just broken by puzzledragonx

Kick_04 on
    PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    go tit @kick_04 thanks.
    god these demons don't die.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Kick_04 wrote: Β»
    @mts I put up my WD Gabriel

@38thdoe looks like your Database was just broken by puzzledragonx

Hmm, Not sure what is causing that actually. The images that are broken are still up and at the linked locations.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Could be an anti-hotlinking measure. Quick test: 756.png

edit: nope, that's not it. Odd.

Billmaan on
  • Options
    update. this golem is going to take forever

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I did Valk this morning with a Luci/D'spinas team. Tried Luci/Luci first but didn't have high enough attack to get through the demons (did Luci/Luci, DD Hades, Hera, RK but my Hera isn't awoken and my Luci is pretty low level). Had really poor luck with getting dark orbs but it went alright.

Also ran Super Metal Dragons three times and got zero super kings. So disappoint. But I did get enough high and king metal dragons to evolve the previously-un-awoken Hera.

• Options
    am currently running a noel/wd gabriel. am working on the last of the demons on lvl 4.

whats the basic valk strat, hope she doesn't spam valk blade and keep your health up?

camo_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.