As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

this is a dark souls thread

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    What is Demon's Souls like compared to Dark Souls?

I want to say it's actually harder, but probably in a different way that makes it harder for some people and easier for others.

For example, there's no effectively infinite healing items like the estus flasks, but you can farm a ton of healing items.

The one thing I'd say is objectively worse is the inventory management. Both your equipment AND your inventory counts against your weight limit. And since items go away forever when you drop them, you could lose a valuable item forever if, say, picking it up put you over your weight limit.

Also this one is much more "Explore the Grimdark" and less "Farm the portrait world"

While I use the term grimdark, I mean it in a sincerely positive way. It is dark and awesome and spooky and feels very large the first time you go through it. Can't speak for secondary playthroughs

• Options
    SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    My time in dark souls has inspired me to make a pixie swordmage in my debut campaign
    I have a pet owl! She's called Twiglet

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    ey @dubh are you still up for that Artorias/Ciaran run?

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    In spirit. School started, and I'm hitting my surgery date soon. Madness!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    ah bugger, best of luck!
    hit me up if you get some free time and fancy a jaunt in Lordran

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    facetanking artorias

Just a few more points in end and THELEGEND420 will be ready

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    12 online victories in a row

im back baybee

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    first attempt against smog and ornery

didn't die for... a couple seconds

then i died

• Options
    Here is how I like to fight drake and josh

Don't use lock-on, bait smough into attacking then go in for a hit against Ornstein

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I wussed out and summoned Sunbro to tank one of them for me.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    QF9MSKV.jpg

this been posted?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I will have to look at those links.

• Options
    hey my eye thing is twitching or whatever

the eye from the lautrec stuff

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    use it, lad

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    USE

IT

CLAIM

JUSTICE

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The guilty pay the price.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Oof lautrec and his boys are tough

• Options
    wanna know how to kill him in one shot?
    Shoot him with an arrow, and then run up the stairs to the broken window in the stain glass. He will get himself killed.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Stack Havel's and Dark Wood grain for days. Flippin' everywhere.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Shoot him with an arrow, and then run up the stairs to the broken window in the stain glass. He will get himself killed.

Wait, seriously?

How?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »

Wait, seriously?

How?

Well, you see
    That Arrow causes him to suddenly feel guilt, and then realizing what he has doen is wrong he takes his own life.
    I think it's a pathing error and he falls out of the world.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Also, I'm not sure what to do with DSfix.

• Options
    a bit more details to what i was saying, from the wiki
    Giant Soldier Kill Glitch Method

You can easily kill Lautrec with only single attack from your arrow. First go halfway into the staircase then shoot Lautrec from there, after you shoot him climb the stairs as fast as you can towards the broken window where you get the Dragonslayer Bow. Lautrec should not be able to follow you, but instead he will go outside and engage the giant enemies outside the gate. Just wait for a while until you see notification when Lautrec is killed.
    When you entered Lautrec's world you will see the gate was closed but I don't know how Lautrec opened the gate and start attacking the giants, this might be a glitch or something (needs confirmation?). I already tested this method on 3 playthoughs on PC version and it always works.

• Options
    THE GUILTY PAY THE PRICE

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    So i beat up Nito last night. It was a pretty fun fight and I'm glad to finally see that giant badass in person. the skeleton element was pretty simple. just used my divine large club to clear the first regular skeletons you spawn near, then brought Nito over near me so i wouldn't be bothered by any of his others

i like what they were trying to do with the summoned skeletons, but it was pretty easy to quickly take care of and never be bothered by again. and then it was a pretty standard circle strafe/evade fight. I wonder what skeletons they could have put in to make it a harder fight?

a big bombardment of regular skeletons would quickly become too much, so there's not much there.

maybe one or two Giant skeletons that are constantly following Nito?

maybe baby skeletons that are constant, but less damaging so you just have to deal with being trapped?

maybe constant archers that are position around the map? their arrows aren't that damaging and they don't completely stun/knock you like Silver Knights

a good balance would be that his big AOE blast would destroy (they could then respawn) the skeletons too?

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    His big AOE does destroy his skeletons, but they get back up again if killed that way since it's not a divine attack.
    That fight and the baby skeleton room run up against the limits of what the engine is designed to handle in terms of enemy counts actually. The reason the baby skeletons despawn so fast after being defeated is to clear the memory load for the new one that gets spawned in.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    anor londo is bummin me out

i think... i will go elsewhere for now

maybe go party in the part of the forest i haven't dealt with yet

• Options
    oh and decided i'm going to go about changing my weapon. BKS has been great, but i feel too well rounded.

set my eyes on Demon Great Axe because why not. gotta level up Strength 6 more so i can wield it, and END a buttload so i can carry it all with my current set. so i went on a farming journey!!

-first to Demon Ruins to get the damn thing and the first Taurus dropped it for me:3,
    -then to Duke's to find my final Mimic that i apparently missed and get the Symbol of Avarice,
    -then to Tomb of Giants to find the Covetous Silver Serpant Ring for hella Soulz. it all went pretty fast!

then, HOLY SHIT that combo + Havel set for poise makes farming go rrrrrrreal quick against Painted World Phalanx! before i knew it I was at 200,000 souls and figured i'd go and turn my +15 Pyro Hand to +5 Ascended because why not! I got hella souls!

all in all, i'm getting 12,096 souls every 35 seconds and that is fucking awesome

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Nito without a divine weapon is fucking terrifying

Nito with a divine weapon is a creaky old pile o bones

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    how to beat BNito: Firestorm, Fire Tempest, great chaos fire ball, profit.

• Options
    killed Kalameet. the sword he gave is pretty cool. i might actually use this thing. need to get four more dragon scales though. then it will be +5 and i will have a weapon for things that resist everything else i do.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Man

I really suck at invading.

Though my first two targets were: giant dad with a chaos zweihander and some dude rocking an bleed build.

One of these days I will actually win a PvP match.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    alright

ALRIGHT

i have pretty much finished up anor londo

got some items, opened up some shortcuts, explored all around

all that's left is the boss door

time for bed

Imminent tears...

Amazing Chest ahead.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
  • Options
    i gotta try that

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    so i just PVPed for the first time ever! (other than getting invaded here and there in the past)

I was in the forest, and tried to use Cracked Red Eye Orb, but ended up joining someone's world cooperatively? and then a couple dudes started invading him. took out about 3 waves of gankers before dying and it was super fun!

and i don't know how to get back into that sort of setup? 2v2 is way cool. I tried to invade people after that, but 1st met my first high level Homing Crystal/Dark Bead user so that ended rather abruptly. then after that, invaded two dudes by myself who just spammed me with Ornstein spear so that ended fast too :/

I don't really understand how to PVP more! also I'm SL 90 so i don't know where to go where my peers would even be present??? help plz

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I killed the spider lady, rang the bell, now I'm feeding ogre poop to a talking British snake for souls.

REAL DARK SOULS STARTS HERE

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I just started this walked downstairs after beating the asylum nerd up then there were ghosts who I couldn't hit

Should've stayed upstairs...

• Options
    Some information from digging into the DS2 beta files has started to come out.

Sorcery spoilers:
    There's a spell that turns your int into dex!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    I just started this walked downstairs after beating the asylum nerd up then there were ghosts who I couldn't hit

Should've stayed upstairs...

Did you kick over a potted corpse on the way in? And pick up the item that dropped? Use that to be able to hit ghosts.

Just know that it has a time limit.

jnij103vqi2i.png
This discussion has been closed.