As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] The Harrowing draws near

19495969798100»

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    @ Joe K - you spend a ton of time at the shop thinking about what to buy. What's up?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    And mute the in-game music if you're gonna playlist :-P

EDIT: Captain's Boots <3

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Nice homeguards.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    GammarahGammarah Registered User regular
    Dat cap

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    So........I spilled a bit in the chatroom, but I figure this story has earned a bit more detail. So gather round the fire kids, while Uncle Matev spins you a tale with a happy ending that could've just as easily ended in tragedy.

Once upon a time, (Tonight as a matter of fact) old uncle Matev decided he would try and break his losing streak from yesterday. The poor, unwashed soul that he is, he went into normals. Because he fancies himself a cool, big city player, he plays the draft normals. Right off the bat, your old uncle knew he was in a spot of trouble. People cried out for every position but the jungle. Uncle Matev usually supports or tops (Mids if he's feeling especially frisky and it's needed on the team), but in this case, there was no other position open. The other fella who wanted to support, well he also pleaded an aversion to the ol' wander-brush. So, the crazy old codger he is, Uncle Matev volunteered to venture into the Jungle primeval, and drag out the delicious buffs and ganks for his team.

The teams sifted out, and the cast was set.

Team Righteous

Top - Riven
    Mid - Teemo
    Jungle - Hecarim (That's me!)
    ADC -Varus
    Support - Soraka

vs. Team Lamebrain

Top? - Nautilus
    Mid - Malazhar
    Jungle? - Garen (Boo)
    ADC - Graves
    Support - Sona (Hiss)

Welp, the Rift sprang into being, and Uncle Matev, using his handy-dandy field manual (From the old Summoner Wars of One-Oh) galloped for blue. With some help from Soraka and Varus, he captured the blue buff and then the wolves. A fine start. It started coming apart at the seams when he died to the monsters trying to get the red buff, milliseconds from getting off another W to save the day.

Then that Ms. Riven up top, she said something seems like squeaky gear in the works compared to a creep death "How do I get my screen to stop locking on my champ?" Now, this should've been sign three to ol Uncle Matev he was in over his head, but he's a kinder, gentler soul. He tried to help Riven unstick her screen (He thought it was a simple keypress, having encountered similar troubles in the past) Riven claimed it had not helped, and as seconds stretched into minutes, little Miss Riven got more and more upset, claiming the game was over since they couldn't get themselves unstuck. Mr. Teemo was pushing mid up, but Ol' Malazhar kept knocking him down. Nautilus was going up to the turret up top, but no farther, scared off by the Riven under turret. Uncle Matev galloped up top to help, and got some anchors to the face for his trouble. The bottom lane abided, waiting for a gank to come. A gank was a long time in the coming, so they were to find. (Unlike that goofy Mr. Garen, who was nowhere to be found)

Tensions kept rising, and I must admit, even your Uncle Matev got a bit testy, telling Riven to quit their griping, put on their big girl britches and smile, and make some plays. Riven decided that wasn't her style, and made a retreat. Now Uncle Matev felt like he had to do double time for top and jungle, a prospect he found more daunting than his previous job. Luckily, Riven came to her senses and returned, having corrected the pernicious screen issue.

But now, her womanly ire was directed at Teemo, and the fact the little Yordle had laid a delicious picnic spread for Malazhar. Never mind that Teemo had taken 2 turrets with his tactics, and the enemy had failed to secure anything other than kills for their trouble. No, to Riven, Teeo was the scum of the earth, and everything wrong with game up to this point. Tensions had mounted to the point that messages even penetrated from the cone of silence in the bottom lane, calling Riven out for "being a dick" and other such collolquialisms. Uncle Matev continually reminded his team that they were a team, and that by his Arcade Hecarim skin, they were gonna play as a team and win this. The team kept talking, and Uncle Matev finally rediscovered the lost civilization of the Bottom Lane. Fortunately, the Soraka and Varus living there had not gone feral in their exile, Uncle Matev was able to deliver them from Sona and Graves, as well as serve them up a delicious bottom cut turret.

It was around this time the team, having finally gotten their heads screwed on right and a few kills under their belt, realized that nary a Garen had been seen the whole game. Wheel began turning, and pushing began happening. The miraculous happened. Teamfights broke out, and Team Righteous eked victories. Not so flawless as an ace, but 2 or 3 for 1s (Or even 0s!) were happening. A dragon was had, and there was much rejoicing.

An inhibitor went down, and Team Righteous thought they would spike the ball and take down Baron Nashor. Welp, Team Lamebrain had gotten desperate, or had a hunch, and a big fight happened right in front of the Baron. Naturally, with the numbers, Team Righteous established their dominance.

Frightened by their brush with loss, they decided to not push their good luck and put the Nexus to bed. And your old Uncle Matev? Welp, he and his Hecarim had become a God-king, wave clearing waves and chasing off 3v1 confrontations, right on the frontlines to the finish.

So, little ones, take this tale to heart. All it takes is one toxic player to ruin a decisive win. So keep calm, stay cool, and remember...

FRIENDSHIPISFUCKINGMAGIC_zps289ccb9e.jpg

FRIENDSHIP IS FUCKING MAGIC

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    @ Joe K - turn your settings off v. high when you're streaming. You're getting like 20 FPS in fights.

• Options
    Wraiths killed Aatrox family!

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    So glad they extended the ranked deadline. In my silver 1 promo right now, I might be able to grab gold before the 31st, but I'm pretty confident that an extra two weeks will cinch it. I've learned to love the "fill".

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    so i'll continue this 1-1 bronze 2 series tomorrow....

thanks all

(best moments were the homeguards and the wraith revenge by aatrox)

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »

thanks all

A quick tip, Joe - If you had gone Last Whisper before the Blood Thirster or the Infinity Edge, you would have done a LOT more damage to the Malphite and Maokai. They were very tanky and you had no armor pen.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    @Matev - Re: Screen is stuck on champion.

They recently added use to the F9 key, which is used if you have multiple monitors. It'll add a red border around the screen and locks the camera on your champion. This is apparently extra problematic as that key is used in Fraps to start screen recording. Just hit F9 again to undo it.

Had this happen to me in a game with no idea how to fix it. Didn't figure it out until I looked it up afterwards.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Oof, mini-tilt tonight/this morning. Lost my 16 LP and back to 0 in 4 losses. Gotta try turning this around on Wednesday.

• Options
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I should really stream or something. Just not sure my internet can take it.

• Options

Give it a shot! Try it with a couple custom games first and see how it goes. If you do it today, I can watch and tell you how it looks.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    That's a much better way of doing things, although I'm probably going to lose my account :( Then again, I only used it to dick around with new content in a custom game anyway.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

Give it a shot! Try it with a couple custom games first and see how it goes. If you do it today, I can watch and tell you how it looks.

No dice, even downsizing the output to a 3rd the size I get 300+ ping.

• Options
    Joe K wrote: »

thanks all

A quick tip, Joe - If you had gone Last Whisper before the Blood Thirster or the Infinity Edge, you would have done a LOT more damage to the Malphite and Maokai. They were very tanky and you had no armor pen.

Yeh, you're right. It would have ended things a bit earlier. The other notable mistake I made that game was not taking Cleanse into a Fiddles lane, because fuck Fiddlesticks

This discussion has been closed.