Options

Tablet PC Remote Control Software

kingmetalkingmetal Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I seek software that will allow me to use my tablet PC to control my desktop that is not Remote Desktop (I'm running XP Home and I cannot host a RD server on my desktop).

I do a lot of work in audio programs such as Nuendo, and I find that in some applications (EQ curves, waveform manipulations, etc) my TPC is completely superior to my desktop because of its pen-based input - but other times a mouse and keyboard are necessary. My desktop is also hooked up to my digital mixer and monitoring system, and is overall easier to use (even though my TPC is actually slightly faster).

I need this software to be fast and accurate, and just basically act as a clone of my main monitor on my desktop so that I can use the tablet pen when I need it. If it could operate via a strong 802.11G signal that would be outstanding.

I'm not sure if software like this exists, but I figure you all would know. Halp!

kingmetal on

• Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well, you could always try a VNC app. Google UltraVNC, TightVNC or others. Any standard VNC app will be freeware.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I've tried tight VNC but the refresh rate is too low. Are the others any better?

kingmetal on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    UPDATE: ultraVNC works great. lock please.

kingmetal on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    kingmetal wrote: »
    UPDATE: ultraVNC works great. lock please.

That's why it's Ultra! ;-)

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?