Options

My wireless mouse is dying...

DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
My MX700 mouse is dying. I'd like to upgrade to one of the new Logitech wireless desktops, but I want one that has a recharging dock. Do they make these anymore?

Doc on

• Options
    NozzNozz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    mx1000 has a dock

Nozz on
    4811 3493 4349: Pearl FC
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I would swap teeth* for this mouse.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=12134

*not necesarily my own teeth.

Blake T on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If you game a lot, I'd recommend against the MX Revolution, etc. I'd recommend the Logitech G7. It comes with TWO rechargeable batteries. The receiver is a little charging station. It charges the spare battery through the USB (no extra plugs). The battery pack is loaded through a slot in the bottom of the mouse, making for an easy switchout (takes me about 3 seconds to swap batteries). They drain a little faster than a typical rechargeable, but they're each good for about 4 days. Since you have two, there's no need to not be using it while it recharges. Oh, and the bottom has those awesome pads that work great on gaming mousepads.

Edit: I see in your post that you said you wanted one of the Wireless desktops. Does that mean you want the keyboard & mouse? In looking at the Logitech site, they don't seem to have any combo offerings that include a rechargeable mouse or keyboard. They all run on standard batteries. Your best bet would probably be to get the two items separate.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    blanknogoblanknogo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I was looking for a wireless desktop a few days ago and I too wanted a charging dock for my mouse (I was also switching off the MX700). I ended up going with the MX 3200 even though it doesn't have a dock. The battery life on the mouse is suppose to be fantastic though (6 months) and the set was a good price with lots of good features. You might want to consider a set without a charger and pair it with a good set of rechargeable batteries just because of how hard it is to find a set with a charger included.

blanknogo on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    embrik wrote: »
    If you game a lot, I'd recommend against the MX Revolution, etc. I'd recommend the Logitech G7. It comes with TWO rechargeable batteries. The receiver is a little charging station. It charges the spare battery through the USB (no extra plugs). The battery pack is loaded through a slot in the bottom of the mouse, making for an easy switchout (takes me about 3 seconds to swap batteries). They drain a little faster than a typical rechargeable, but they're each good for about 4 days. Since you have two, there's no need to not be using it while it recharges. Oh, and the bottom has those awesome pads that work great on gaming mousepads.

Edit: I see in your post that you said you wanted one of the Wireless desktops. Does that mean you want the keyboard & mouse? In looking at the Logitech site, they don't seem to have any combo offerings that include a rechargeable mouse or keyboard. They all run on standard batteries. Your best bet would probably be to get the two items separate.

Yeah, I have the MX700 duo setup now, and was hoping to only use one receiver. I can use two, though, if the G7 is that good.

Doc on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I love it. I've been using it since it was released back at the end of 2005. I used the MX700 before this one, and the finish was rubbing off on the buttons after less than a year of use. The construction of this one is just better. I do miss the forward button (in addition to the back) that the 700 had, but not that much.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The main problem with the G7 is that it has only one side button.

This is because some stupid twats complained to logitech that they were far too retarded and occasionally pressed the wrong button. Logitech decided to placate these dumbfucks by removing a side button. It did not occured to either party to set both of those buttons to the same function and not royally fuck things up for everyone else.

Other than that though the G7 is a fine piece of hardware.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Do they no longer sell the MX 5000?

It has a couple flaws like being pretty over priced, but if you can pick a set up for the cheap it's worth it.

Bryse Eayo on