As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Digital Devil [Phalla]: Rebirth - Final Cycle: Future

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @spool32

I didn't see you sign up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »

I feel like I recognize more of these names than I actually should

I know for sure I do, but that's what reading the archives will get you.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    spool32

I didn't see you sign up.

Check last page 4. :p

Megafrost on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    The signup period has closed.

I'll be taking the next hour to make some final preparations and roll role assignments; hopefully I will be able to put the opening narration up in an hour (at the standard vote close time) and then send out all role PMs within the hour following that.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Tiphareth wrote: »
    Wait, what. Pigeonking is Daypigeon now? Things really do change.

Only for today.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    This is most likely going to be the second phalla I play during preparations for slash aftermath of a funeral so I might be in and out

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    =(

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    It's ok I mean it's a long time coming, it's my grandfather on my mother's side and honestly it is a mercy for everyone involved at this point.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Phalla Rule #1: Always trust kime

Bwahahahahahahahahahah

hahahaha

haa

!kime

oh h*ck
  • Options
    The Karma SocietyThe Karma Society Registered User regular
    Update: we're currently finishing preparation of the opening narration; role PMs and statblock links will be sent out once the narration has been posted, as it does contain a few notes for the opening day.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Cycle 1: Atma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNbGxDgcZh0

Deep within the labyrinthine streets and alleyways of the lower Heavenly City, a resistance group calling themselves the Dharmapala met to enact a drastic plan. To combat the Heavenly City's forces, the playing field needed to be levelled. No longer would they be disadvantaged from a lack of numbers and resources; each individual would soon be able to stand up to a hundred or more of the Heavenly City's soldiers. To achieve this power, the Dharmapala would unlock the secrets of Atma, the power of gods and demons, to take on a new form with potential far beyond what any human could achieve. The risks were large, but necessary if the Dharmapala would have any chance of success.

In an instant, the world changed. Beams of light snaked through the underground to the city above, affecting not just the members of the Dharmapala, but many of the City's citizens and soldiers. Those who were struck with Atma underwent a sudden transformation into demonic forms. With these new forms also came a great hunger, a desire to devour those in their path. The door had been opened to a new world, and a chaotic and uncertain time fell upon the Heavenly City.

- - - - -

The Madame was not pleased. It was evident by the reflection of the fires in her shades.

Another district aflame. More terrorist bombings. What the flames didn't consume, the demonic might of the terrorists themselves did.

Their promised land was rapidly turning into hell itself.

"I tire of this madness. Enter the fray, woman. Bring me their heads."

The Madame's voice was a cold tone that would brook no dissent. The coated woman bowed her head, compelled to do as her mistress bid.

"As you will. Glory to the Center." The female straightened and turned, leaving the command center without so much as a backward glance to her decrepit superior.

Only when the door slid shut did she allow herself a thin razor-sharp smile. Her gloved hand opened and closed, sharpened nails at the ready.

"Many heads will indeed roll, and if the fates align, yours will make a fine centerpiece... Madame."

Her fist clenched, and she went down the hall, snapping her fingers to summon her most elite soldiers.

It was time to hunt.

You will be receiving role PMs with links to your personal statblock pages shortly. Here's a brief overview of what you can do:

Increase Attributes: You will have nine stat points free to allocate (after the compulsory first point in each stat). To allocate a stat point, click on the stat you wish to increase: ST, MA, or AG. A popup box will ask you to verify your selection. There will be no tracking of how many stat points you have remaining to allocate, so be careful! Optionally, on the first day only, you may send your desired stat distribution as a reply to your role PM with your desired resistance distribution (see below).

Set Resistances: You must set up your resistances today for each of the six basic elements. Each resistance level has a different point cost: Fr(-2), Wk(-1), -(0), St(1), Nu(2); point costs for the Physical element are doubled. The total point cost across all elements can be no greater than 0 and you must have at least one element at a Wk or Fr level of resistance. To set your resistances, send your desired distribution as a reply to your role PM. If you make an illegal or no distribution, a resistance set will be randomly drawn for you.

Purchase Skills: You can increase your range of skills by purchasing abilities from the mantra grid. Hover over highlighted hexes to see the ability that can be unlocked there and its cost. To purchase a skill, click the corresponding hex and a popup box will ask you to verify your selection. (Be sure to click the center of the hex to make sure you have the correct ability.)

Set an Action and Target: Use the dropdowns to select an action from the standard actions plus any skills you may have purchased from the Mantra Grid. Applicable targets will be listed in the second dropdown once an action has been selected; actions will be resolved at day's end.

Cycle 1 will end Thursday, October 24, 8PM PDT / 11PM EDT / Friday, October 25, 3AM UTC

The Karma Society on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Wasn't at my computer all day and I missed my call? Bummer.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    speaking of picking the most irritating skills

Regarding status effects, is the % given in their descriptions the base chance to hit, or the chance to apply the status effect after hitting?

I think it's the latter based on Foul Breath's wording, but I want to make sure.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Hey guys I have a question about my role PM. What does "You are the mafia and you're goal is to kill the village" mean?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Hey guys I have a question about my role PM. What does "You are the mafia and you're goal is to kill the village" mean?

It means you have poor writing skills.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    you don't get it, Baidol. Kime is so mafia , he is also the embodiment of the goal.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    you don't get it, Baidol. Kime is so mafia , he is also the embodiment of the goal.

Yes, this is what I meant.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    All role PMs should be out; send a PM to @The Karma Society hosting account if something seems to be in error.
    Regarding status effects, is the % given in their descriptions the base chance to hit, or the chance to apply the status effect after hitting?

Ailment skills must first hit using a standard hit% formula before applying a second roll for the effect hit using the base% as listed in the skill description (which may be slightly modified by stat differences)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Reminder: Send your desired resistances distribution to me as a reply to your role PM. You won't be able to do it through your statblock page!

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Langly knows what he did.
    I don't know what he did.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Sorry, I'm probably missing something, but what am I spending specifically for the resistances? Is it AP or skill points? I'm not seeing how much I should have

Langly on
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Elements and Resistances

At the start of the game, players also allocate their resistances and weaknesses to the attack elements Physical.png Physical, Fire.png Fire, Ice.png Ice, Electric.png Electric, Force.png Force, and Earth.png Earth. (There are additional elements of Expel, Death, and Almighty, but there are no natural ways to affect resistances to these elements.) The levels of resistance are as follows:
    • Frail (Fr) - The player takes two times the normal damage from these-type attacks.
    • Weak (Wk) - The player takes 50% more damage from these-type attacks.
    • Neutral (-) - The player takes normal damage from these-type attacks.
    • Strong (St) - The player takes half damage from these-type attacks.
    • Null (Nu) - The player takes no damage from these-type attacks.

The costs for taking each level of resistance are Fr (-2), Wk (-1), St (1), Nu (2), with costs doubled for the Physical element. Characters must be created so that they have at least one Weakness or Frailty and the total point cost for their resistances are 0 or less. Resistances may not be changed after the first day of play.

The way I read it is that you have specific points dedicated only to resistances; you're not really 'spending' them as you are supposed to end up with 0.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Langly wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm probably missing something, but what am I spending specifically for the resistances? Is it AP or skill points? I'm not seeing how much I should have

Elemental resistances are part of its own pool. At default, all of your resistances are neutral. You will exchange points for taking weaknesses or frailties for one or more elements into strengths or nulls on other elements. See the Elements and Resistances section for details, ON PREVIEW: as posted above by Invictus.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Right.

I have read through the OP.

Who wants healing?

• Options
    Minor typo in the opening narration, day closes will be at 8pm PDT / 11pm EDT / 3am UTC as stated in the opening post.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i am going to "RNG" my placeholder vote

and by rng i mean zandracon

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    and by placeholder i mean i might check in the morning for ten minutes, so that's going to be solid.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Oh my, how I have longed to !crimsoncoyote.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I think lonelyahava needs healing of the murder kind.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    !schuss because voting out a healer is WHAT THE MAFIA WOULD DO.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    /mindgames

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    OH SNAP.

Demons need slayed. I'm on it.

First, I shall accuse TA of being a demon because somehow RNG has managed to pick him as mafia in many games lately.

Which is a crap reason, but it's early in the day. Sue me.

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Good morning brothers and sisters in arms. Let us cleanse this city of heretics, bearetics and everything in between.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Oh my, how I have longed to !crimsoncoyote.
    kiss kiss
    !Wildcat

• Options
    Gentlejerkwads, please. Now is not the time to resort to petty squabbles over slights in past lives.

Waitaminute !Rend is in this game?

Fuck that guy.

• Options
    Just joking Rend I love youuuu.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    OH SNAP.

Demons need slayed. I'm on it.

First, I shall accuse TA of being a demon because somehow RNG has managed to pick him as mafia in many games lately.

Which is a crap reason, but it's early in the day. Sue me.

Feeling insecure about day one voting reasons is so mafia, Assuran

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    tehsloth come on all the old peeps need a vote to show love.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Oats wrote: »
    Good morning brothers and sisters in arms. Let us cleanse this city of heretics, bearetics and everything in between.

So also Caretics, Daretics, Earetics, Fearetics, Gearetics? Sounds good to me!

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    !Egos summoned me to play the game. Red is respect!