As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia] Silver\Vignette (Everybody Join In)

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Found what I think is the second to last one, not sure if you started building fire yet.

Crow Childs Bandit, Crack Shot, Rugged, Clever[Greed]
    ▥▥▥▥▥ [i:Bottle of Bourbon]

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Found what I think is the second to last one, not sure if you started building fire yet.

Crow Childs Bandit, Crack Shot, Rugged, Clever[Greed]
    ▥▥▥▥▥ [i:Bottle of Bourbon]

Thank you

Yeah, Crow had fire, one block I remember. Gonna add it. Thank you.

• Options
    It annoys me that I can't use the search function for post/statline searchin' anymore.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    What do you mean? Each thread has a seperate search bar now. You could just search Crow and have it only look at your posts

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I just did a primary search for "dux crow"

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    What do you mean? Each thread has a seperate search bar now. You could just search Crow and have it only look at your posts
    Aaaah, I missed that entirely.

I was talking about the primary search bar.

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    You can't seem to use the primary search bar from inside a thread, but I'm pretty sure it still works if you use it from a sub-forum page or bookmarks or any of the non-thread pages.

• Options
    You can't seem to use the primary search bar from inside a thread, but I'm pretty sure it still works if you use it from a sub-forum page or bookmarks or any of the non-thread pages.
    aaaaaaah

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Mr. Sugarbee Mailman, Jolly, unfazed, asleep
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    ▥▥▥
    i]Stubborn Defiance[/i, ????, ????

Beaming with a smile against the weather, Mr Sugarbee takes his usual seat while brushing water off his USPS coat and greeting the usual crowd of the diner. He begins to rub his hands together to warm them up.
    "Oh Miss Smitts, just the face I needed to pep me up. No time for the usual this morning I'm afraid, seems I'm a little behind schedule."
    He taps his USPS branded waterproof watch for effect. Then dips his hand into the mail satchel to retrieve some letters. If he could get these to the usual diner crowd now it would save him time later in the route. The conversation with Mrs Pauling about her vegetable garden would have to be cut short, but this is a desperate situation. The schedule must be maintained.

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Hey Cheese, I figure you probably already know, but your game strongly reminded me of Welcome to Nightvale.

Also
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXnPT1qH8qE

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Owen leaves you to look over the bounty board.

By the time he gets back (most) of you had decided what problem you wanted to tackle.

"Well, its something at least. At least we won't have to expand the wall now."

Owen looks behind him towards a building separate from the rest. When he turns back to face you he has a worried look on his face.
    "Now I said I would introduce you to J'cob, but I feel I should warn ya, most people don't react too well their first time seein a Fly. The boys been through enough, and I don' feel like putting him through gettin' scoffed at. Think you boys and girls could manage to keep yourself together long enough ta get the boys help?"

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    This is clunk as hell

But I gotta learn how to write dialogue at some point

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    @Bluedude152

Hey man, where can I find the missions?

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been listening to NIghtvale. It's good, if a tad more absurd than I'm going for.

• Options
    Samuel Roch Licentious, Scrappy, Fugitive, asleep
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥

▥▥
    i]Stubborn Defiance[/i, ????, ????

"You'd be surprised," Samuel replies nonchalantly. "But enough about that, I'm afraid to admit you have me at a disadvantage. I'm certain I'd remember if our paths had crossed before Miss...?"

[-▥▥ to keep things Interestin']
    [+? Tap Licentious for being an unconscionable flirt]

• Options
    Dux wrote: »
    @Bluedude152

Hey man, where can I find the missions?
    @Dux https://docs.google.com/document/d/17_uuEgDrTHaUG9WXxsVPVVSpjjgP-a0hpqJ4Q_bpqoY/edit Here ya go

Side note how do you do URLs now

The easy tab we had went poof

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    It's still there, at least in chrome.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    alternatively, (minus the initial space) [ url="Imma\\address.com"]blah de blah[/url]

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Oh jesus its right there, I just looked right past it

I guess today is a slow brain day

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Shit like this is why you just learn bbcode and be done with it.

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Phonepost!

"Sure thing, dear." Moroni pushes his way into the back.

"Hey Ad! Kaiser says you need to stop being such a shiftless good-for-nothing."

Shock G on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    [Narrator+HEX]
    ⎔x603 ⎔x102 ⎔x61 ⎔x200 ⎔x41 ⎔x31 ⎔x75 ⎔x57 ⎔x119 ⎔x47 ⎔x0 ⎔x57 ⎔x19 ⎔x12

It feels like it's been a really long week.

[Ruins] (Earlier]
    Good Enough hops up onto a bit of collapsed column and shakes his head.

"As far as I can tell, it was meant as a way to pass the knowledge from generation to generation, not through language, but by actively transplanting the information. The language is largely indecipherable, but there are a few key words that correspond with other ancient RoyalBlue languages. Why an overload would cause my particular displacement is something I've yet to understand."

[Streich Industries, Theiresai]
    Across the compound, pulse monitors fall into a steady rhythm, the soldiers attached to them falling into a deep restful sleep as lines of enchantment wash over their skin.

Theiresai steps back, glaring at the lines of light. She shakes her head as they disappear. "I'll be glad to have my men back, and I can't really stop you from taking a platoon with you. You can gather up the least wounded and shove them back into their armor.

"Frankly, I don't care about my reputation, Director Fuery. I care about protecting this City, and right now, it seems you have the upper hand on that, so I welcome your help in preparing Streich Industries for future attacks."

She takes a step toward him, she whispers with an intensity most people can only achieve with a megaphone. "But I know you're holding back. I'm not dumb enough to believe Acer X's spiel, but I'm smart enough to know he was telling some truth. People don't raise a crime-fighting empire in a month. People don't get declared the owner of Streich Industries after one battle. You're doing good, but you ain't pullin' out all the stops. You're toying with justice, and I'll start respecting you when you stop playing around."

[Meridi, Disaster Area]
    cerilin furrows her brow and pulls away her hand. "Yes, right. Well, work to be done now," she says, scuttling off to help the rescue teams.

[Sylvas, Harmonic Monastery, Michael]
    Twenty-nine minutes and fifty-nine seconds later, Christina finds the courtyard brimming with monks, from the initiate to the master, Cyan and those that would be. There are murmurs, whispered conversations as to the nature of the assembly. Christina knew their numbers had been growing but, seeing them all together now, the sheer amount of them is a little staggering.

At exactly thirty-minutes from the moment of he text, the air at the edge of the temple's grounds twists and tints RoyalBlue, Michael's body pulling itself through the warped distance. He walks the rest of the way, nodding politely to the assembly before taking a seat at the edge of the crowd.

[Hedos]
    Liron runs it over in his head, builds and executes elaborate models, pores over every bit of data he has.

It all leads him to a single conclusion.

ForestGreen cannot be infected. It represents life, in its purest form, immortal, unassailable. Perfect. It is immune.

Unless...

Unless it could be weakened. A wound must be made, and that wound must become corrupted.

If he would be a virus, he must be virulent. Hostile. Deadly.

[Deep Haze, Sienna Gear MACH, WeaponHEX (▮▮▮▮ Kill)] Streich Attack (Blocked by Deep Haze)
    WeaponHEX stares at Acer X for what seems like a long time, his expression changing slowly, first to sadness, then to resolve.

"I'm sorry, chumpo," he says, snubbing out his cigar and tucking it back into his jacket. "I was really hopin' we could come to an understanding out here." He drops into a crouch, hexagonal spikes telescoping from the tips of his fingers. "But I can't let you into the City with those eyes."

WeaponHEX lunges.

[Tower]
    Irridan spends a day planning out the specifics, but overall, the basic idea is simple - if he builds it, they will come. A few bunks, some laboratories, and some recruitment ads sent back with the Captain, put it all together and he should have a decent colony on his hands.

Added missions to the rules document for a bunch of people.

Keri-Lynn Smitts No-Nonsense, Rough-and-Tumble, Mysterious asleep(?)
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥

▥▥
    i]???[/i, ????, ????

Keri-Lynn almost smiles, which is more than most people get. She heads back around the counter and pulls a Styrofoam cup from the rarely-used stack for to-go orders. As she pops the lid on, and goes to hand it to the mailman, however, she pauses to stare at the storm outside.

@Cheeseliker is it cool if I retroactively tap Rough-and-Tumble when I punched that guy?
    Yeah, I've been listening to NIghtvale. It's good, if a tad more absurd than I'm going for.

See also:

Twin Peaks
    Gravity Falls
    Sleepy Hollow

DE?AD on
  • Options
    so, nothing in response to this?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    so, nothing in response to this?

Added.

• Options
    [Inquisit] ★ ↷ ⇄
    ⎔x442 ❻⎔x13 ⎔x0 ❹❻❻⎔x25 ⎔x20 ⎔x1 ⎔x0 ⎔x5 ⎔x11 ⎔x2 ⎔x0 ⊜x5 ↺x3

[Retired Detective Chief Inspector] [Rational] [Hard Boiled] [Advanced Variable Golemech]
    [Useful Gadgets] [Detective Stuff] [Chief Justice]
    [Chief Investigative Officer of PSI] [Yen] [iceBERG] [Agent Eddis]

Panels on the Behemoth's chest shift and fold, reshaping into Inquisit's head and shoulders, the Royal Blue light transferring from the giant's eyes to his. "You absolutely can refuse, they're your people. That's why I asked. I'll go alone if I have to, but I'd prefer some backup from people familiar with the ways of the Haze."

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DE?AD wrote: »
    See also:

Twin Peaks
    Gravity Falls
    Sleepy Hollow

Deadly Premonition
    Alan Wake?

• Options
    See also:

Twin Peaks
    Gravity Falls
    Sleepy Hollow

Deadly Premonition
    Alan Wake?

I almost included Deadly Premonition as a parenthetical to Twin Peaks.

Alan Wake is also a really good one.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Just to clarify we aren't counting that as another week ticking by right?
    Samedi
    ⎔x38 ⎔x10 ⎔x9 ⎔x4 ⎔x4 ⎔x22 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x19 ⎔x0 ⎔x1 ⊜x0 ↺x15
    Smoothsayer, Shadow Sorcerer, Crazy Fast, Dipsferatu, Electrokinesis, Totally Sick Abs, Soul Stick,
    Yen, IceBERG, 2 Canes, Student Wizards, Indigo Girls
    BAC: [Adon Champagne][Several Shonen Bombs][Mesmiri Mudd]

Samedi remains calm but his shadows rage.

Sydney stomps around. Tomarli rubs his hand together and sucks his teeth. Nigel Furrows his brow. You might ask how you would hear a shadow click it's teeth or see one furrow a brow, but you just do. Don't question it.

Who the HELL he think he is. King of the Psi. Keeping the peace. Keeping the Peace? At least Micheal was contained. Now? Now? Blue and Orange are spilling out over everything. He shhh me? Where he even with be without my Mesmeri. Coming in and using the power and wealth she generate to build his empire. Well...

And then Samedi just forgets about. Yeah. Out of mind.
    DE?AD wrote:
    Samedi looms over Elamaro, his heart a smoking hunk of jerky in the magician's hand (not, that he needed it, you aim for the liver when you're hunting dipsferatu). Shadows boil off of his body, stretching into strange and disturbing shapes. There is no death in him, though, he just doesn't have the it in him.

Later at Li-Ron's place

"Ay ay, Li-ron. It's been a while."
    "You wanna kill life?" He grins. "I think it's time I lived up to my name. Let's go to Carcer."

NeoToma on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    [Christina Lightning]
    ⎔x194 ❹⎔x42 ⎔x1 ⎔x19 ⎔x22 ⎔x0 ⎔x7 ⎔x35 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ❸❹❻❾⎔x54 ⎔x29 ⊜x0 ↺x10

[Action Scientist] [Sexy] [Resourceful] [Marksmanship] [Harmonic Monks] [Irradiated Rifle] [Jenis Stellar mkI Airscooter] [Toolkit] [Tablet PC]
    ⇄⊕☍

[Sylvas, Harmonic Monastery]

Christina stands on the steps of the temple leading to the courtyard, still wearing her ceremonial robes. She nods at Michael as he arrives, then takes a deep breath and begins her speech.

"The rumors you've heard are true. I've experienced Resonance." She pauses to give the monks time to get their reactions out. After several seconds pass, she raises her hands toward the crowd, signalling for the noise to die down. "I tell you this not to raise myself up, but to tell you something that will uplift all of you. What I saw was remarkable: the whole of this universe--its rules, its atoms, its soul--laid bare before my eyes. For a brief moment, I understood the complex workings or reality. I saw Hex not as a tower but as a star, its rays shining through the city. And you know what's really fascinating?"

She takes a moment to look in Michael's direction and smiles.

"For the longest time, many of you have believed that the tower and the being that lives inside it is your god. In a way, that's mostly true. But that 'mostly'--that slight inaccuracy--has allowed some people to misconstrue the nature of this place. It has led them to think your lives are lies, utterly controlled by 'god.' But the truth is that you are not subjects, not now and not ever. The rays of Hex's star connects to each of your souls. Within every single one of you, buried deep inside your color, whether it's cyan, royal blue, gold or orange, is a spark of dark red. You are not god's playthings. Each of you is god: a manifestation of his being in the same way that light manifests from the sun. Without that sun, you cannot exist; and without you--its light--what use is the sun?"

Christina reflexively cringes at her own words. She believes them with all her heart, but they're just so corny. She's not sure she can keep this act up much longer; so maybe she shouldn't try. She sighs and walks into the crowd.

"I'm sorry. I'm not really, like, a motivational speaker. Never was. I mean, I spent most of my youth hanging out with computers instead of people. So, I'm not really sure what I should say now. I don't know what you should do next; and to be honest, it's probably not my place to tell you. I guess the whole point of this meeting was to tell you with complete certainty that the people of the city and Hex are linked to each other. If I were to give any sort of advice, I suppose it would be to protect and support each other, because you are what gives this universe meaning. How you choose to use the knowledge I've given you is up to you."

She bows and says, "Thank you for your attention. You are dismissed."

After the speech, she calls the three masters and Michael into her quarters. She sits on her bed, her hands clenching each other nervously. "So. Be honest. How was it?"

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013

[Ruins] (Earlier]
    Good Enough hops up onto a bit of collapsed column and shakes his head.

"As far as I can tell, it was meant as a way to pass the knowledge from generation to generation, not through language, but by actively transplanting the information. The language is largely indecipherable, but there are a few key words that correspond with other ancient RoyalBlue languages. Why an overload would cause my particular displacement is something I've yet to understand."

[Inquisit] ★ ↷ ⇄
    ⎔x0 ❻⎔x12 ⎔x0 ❹❻❻⎔x18 ⎔x2 ⎔x1 ⎔x8 ⎔x5 ⎔x7 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⊜x5 ↺x3

[Retired Detective Chief Inspector] [Rational] [Hard Boiled] [Advanced Variable Golemech]
    [Useful Gadgets] [Detective Stuff] [Chief Justice]
    [Chief Investigative Officer of PSI] [Yen] [iceBERG] [Agent Eddis]

Before Dragon:
    He shrugs "Eh, it was worth a shot. No worries, Nuff." Scratching his chin as he mulls aloud over the new information. "That's, actually much closer to the methods of Kahl Rahg's business than I'm comfortable admitting to, least so far as I understand them. As to why it overloaded on you, maybe because you aren't the right colour?"

"Actually, who's to say it didn't work? Maybe the info-dump didn't overload the device, so much as your body, popping your soul out. Can't think of any reason for the time travel, but it's a theory. In any case, it may help to exhume you. Which will need family permission." He pulls out his phone. "I could call her now, if you'd like."

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Phonepost

"What the hell?!" X is still reeling from discovering himself in the bowels of his ship. He jumps back, doing a hand spring off his bitching new car which he really needs to come up with a cool name for. The vehicle barrel-rolls along with him, sweeping a wave of White fog around with it, which resolves itself into the shape of a cage around Weapon HEX.

"I've been jerked around enough for one day, HEX. Start explaining or that cage will crush you flat."

- however many white that move would take I'm not totally clear on the rules of it yet

Can I capture carcer or am I shut off from "normal" stuff as long as I'm in the deep haze?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Clever thread title, by the way.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Also I'll dust post on a bit here

• Options
    Can I capture carcer or am I shut off from "normal" stuff as long as I'm in the deep haze?

Yeah, you're cut off.

• Options
    Cool cool, figgered as much

• Options
    It should be noted, however, that carcer island has a large wooden sign posted at the shore

"NO SAMEDIS ALLOWED ):< (not even one)"

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Samedi
    ⎔x38 ⎔x10 ⎔x9 ⎔x4 ⎔x4 ⎔x22 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x0 ⎔x19 ⎔x0 ⎔x1 ⊜x0 ↺x15
    Smoothsayer, Shadow Sorcerer, Crazy Fast, Dipsferatu, Electrokinesis, Totally Sick Abs, Soul Stick,
    Yen, IceBERG, 2 Canes, Student Wizards, Indigo Girls
    BAC: [Adon Champagne][Several Shonen Bombs][Mesmiri Mudd]

Samedi call IceBERG.

"Alright, first order of business we need to get out there and recruit talent. What you know about this Carbosillicate kid? The Grim Rapper?"

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Alright, in regards to dust, what missions did the rest pick? Crow's statline for future reference.

Crow Childs Bandit, Crack Shot, Rugged, Clever [Greed]
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥ [i:Revolver]

Dux on
  • Options
    So Cheese and Caulk are choosing between the church or grave robber

De?ad has started his own mission and is waiting on Speed to respond

And alternatingAberration wants to take on the asshole

Am I missing anything?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    well, I recall kro going for Big Mouth, I think Cheese is joining me on the grave robbers and I'm in turn going to help with the burning church afterward. The Big Man is making his own mission, I think.

jnij103vqi2i.png
This discussion has been closed.