Options

[Forza] Thread Has Hit A Tire Wall

• Options
    KrautasticKrautastic Registered User regular
    Also, did me and acid really get identical best lap times on alps? That's awesome. Almost as awesome as our photo finish drag race.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Nerf Kraut so he only gets to race with three tires.

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Krautastic wrote: »
    Also, did me and acid really get identical best lap times on alps? That's awesome. Almost as awesome as our photo finish drag race.

Ah, no, mistype on my part, his was a dirty 02:04.523, yours was a clean 02:04.775. Fixed now.

And the pit stuff, admittedly it wasn't clear, but I think it is staying that way. I feel pitting on lap 1 isn't kosher because it effectively removes the problem of having to heat your tires twice, making it, if available and in an otherwise clean race, the overwhelmingly best option. Getting rid of traffic further makes it the only/best option. Drafting is, if your car is built for speed over cornering, not an issue at all. The "what if you crash later?" issue is a problem with pitting no matter what lap and I don't feel counters the benefits of Lap 1 pits.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Veevee wrote: »
    Thanks for the stream acid. It was a lot of fun to watch you guys race

I may have to look into getting an xbox one. Maybe if I win the lottery.

Well, just keep in mind what racing is going to be like on the PC once the Rift is out. Project: CARS is shaping up to be pretty good.

I'm hoping to race with you all again.

heh I'll have to stream some video of me playing Assetto Corsa with the Rift.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Nerf Kraut so he only gets to race with three tires.

I already do... seriously, I watched my yas marina replay and pulled out a few awesome clips. I hate to admit it, but the beetle is simply on point. The thing drives so good and its very easy to drive it well (except under hard braking and flippy kerbs).

• Options
    This is actually made of clips from two different laps. I was getting up on three wheels on that final corner every other lap. And two wheeling down the chicane if I clipped the curb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbbUqIC0N-o

• Options
    Okay, PI's updated.

Really difficult to figure out where to boost and where to nerf, but here goes a first pass:
    Acid and Knight stay at 500. I'm worried about leaving acid there (instead of a slight boost), but I think, at least this week, the tracks are going to favor him anyway.
    Michel, J and I all go up (an additional) +4. J and I definitely needed the boosts and Michel is tied with us in the standings so...
    Arctic and Kraut both took a -8. Looking at the final times, the lead Kraut won by on Yas is almost to the second matched by the lead Arctic won by on Atlanta, so I figure that shows a pretty even matchup.

• Options
    I'm ok with this. I pre-emptively tuned for -10pi over the weekend. Who knows, I may keep it there since I finally got the settings dialed back in. I'm single again too, so I might be showing up on tuesdays lol.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Krautastic wrote: »
    I'm ok with this. I pre-emptively tuned for -10pi over the weekend. Who knows, I may keep it there since I finally got the settings dialed back in. I'm single again too, so I might be showing up on tuesdays lol.

I'm sympathetic towards the single-ness, but I'm certain there's a joke in there about Joe getting married. You were too good for him anyway, right? ;p

• Options
    lol. He was dating one girl for several years while I was single. She called me his other girlfriend because we hung out all the time. They broke up, and within a few months I met a girl. She then started calling him my other girlfriend. But no, this was an actual female-woman-girl that I was dating since November. She was just always nice enough to let me have my thursday nights.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Can't wait to see the other side of that video, that supposedly proves Justin Credible's innocence. I hope he hired an Academy Award winning film editor to help him out.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm sure there'll be like 40 minutes of character assassination where he goes through family trees or something to demonstrate that I'm actually one of the boys from Brazil and he was simply doing his God-given American duty

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular

Seems familiar.

See also: anytime I was near his car in Forza 4

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    so in both of those videos I remain on a constant forward vector, and he just apparently forgets what his thumb is doing when he attempts to pass.
    Damn, I was all excited it was going to show two very different events.

relatively certain it was a joke because he found that talk over the clip function while we were still in party.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    I won't be at tonight's race... catching up with a friend tonight.

• Options
    Well now I don't know who is going to win Laguna Seca ...

• Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    I'm going to try and be there tonight, but I may be closing on our old house tomorrow, in which case I need to get a bunch of papers together for the buyers tonight.

Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    Well now I don't know who is going to win Laguna Seca ...

Nobody wins Laguna Seca.

• Options
    *acid starts winning*
    *Michel: NOPE. QUIT CRASHING YOURSELF! QUIT CRASHING YOURSELF!*
    nope springs eternal.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Saw an interesting bit in an article about DX12 today. Not that it will ever happen, but at least we know it could.
    Forza Motorsport 5 developer Turn 10 Studios showed off a version of the racing game running with Direct3D 12 on a PC powered by an Nvidia GeForce Titan Black, and according to the studio, bringing the title to DirectX 12 allowed it to run at a locked 60 frames per second.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    relevant:

2WlYLZr.gif

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight plays me the song of his people.

http://youtu.be/zmfUTa3E8sE

Kestrel1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
  • Options
    I will get the results of last night's cluster up later, but in the meantime, a video idea of how Forza's servers were doing last night:

http://youtu.be/cABAi-FT3TM

And from my point of view, that was nothing. Michel's car was basically playing Tempest in that tunnel to me.

• Options
    Yeah, it was pretty bad. Funny, but bad. Explained some of those awful times I was having in Titanfall as well, so whatever. I'm only a little sad about how Road America went. At least my painting can't be foiled by borked servers. ;p

In the meantime, happy Senna day, everyone.

• Options
    I wouldn't be opposed to doing Road America over again next week, and just push one of those three races into the following week.

It was...kind of bullshit with the way the servers were acting.

Although, that probably screws over who actually won it, so that's probably not fair either.

• Options
    Still think I had a good shot on Road America if I didn't have to pit twice :p

oh well, i'd def race it again if people wanted to, but only because I really like road america, don't even care about the positions.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Might be reappearing once I get my tax returns back...
    EDIT: Caved in and ordered it, should get it Tuesday or Wednesday!

MegaPureiboi on
    Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • Options
    Might be reappearing once I get my tax returns back...
    EDIT: Caved in and ordered it, should get it Tuesday or Wednesday!

Consider that double awesomed.

Also, Results from Thursday's Lag-O-Rama. Unless there is overwhelming desire to re-run the Road America race, I think the results will stand. We'll run it again in other series, but throwing that out kinda screws over those who finished (namely acid, and really, haven't we screwed him over enough?).

• Options
    Lets just run Road America again instead of silverstone.

Nodnod.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Lets just run Road America again instead of silverstone.

Nodnod.

I am... having trouble arguing against this. And I like Silverstone.

Oh, and not much in the way of PI changes. J got boosted up to match mine, Kestrel didn't use his boost on Thursday so we're all at 512 now. Arctic, do you feel you need some of the nerf knocked off or do you think you're fine where you're at?

• Options
    S'fine as far as I'm concerned. No opinion of re-running races. Treat Road America as 'engine trouble' and move on.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    heh, acid finally wins one... :trollface: QUICK, TAKE IT FROM HIM!

I wouldn't be against running RA again provided this past one still counts.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    heh, acid finally wins one... :trollface: QUICK, TAKE IT FROM HIM!

I wouldn't be against running RA again provided this past one still counts.

I don't think any of us care about the points. At least I don't, I just wanted to run RA with my fairlady not on fire :P

doesn't matter really, was mostly joking. Silverstone is probably better for me anyway!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I care about the points. How else will I place 2nd every season?