As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND - mods close this please

• Options
    SpikedFreakSpikedFreak Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That video featured:

Nirvana - In Bloom
    OK GO! - Here it goes again
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
    Pixies - Wave of Mutilation
    Garbage - I Think I'm Paranoid
    Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly
    Hole - Celebrity Skin
    Faith no More - Epic
    The Strokes - Reptilia

SpikedFreak on
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    In Bloom - Nirvana
    Here It Goes Again - OK Go
    Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Wave of Mutilation - Pixies
    I Think I'm Paranoid - Garbage
    Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
    Celebrity Skin - Hole
    Epic - Faith No More
    Reptilia - The Strokes

Those are the songs from the video.

Edit: Curse you SpikedFreak! Beat'd as usual.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I love the Strokes, but I can't be certain their stuff is Rock Band material.

though, I'd love some more of their songs on the game. But their back beats are so repetitive

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited September 2007

though, I'd love some more of their songs on the game. But their back beats are so repetitive

I wasn't really sure about Reptilia either but a showed how it combined Lead and Rhythm instead of how GH3 just uses Lead and if they combine both when playing alone it could be more entertaining.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    in that montage video, In Bloom isn't a cover?!

It sounds amazing! But that might be the added voice grit.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

I wasn't really sure about Reptilia either but a showed how it combined Lead and Rhythm instead of how GH3 just uses Lead and if they combine both when playing alone it could be more entertaining.

They've done it in GH1 and 2. "Killer Queen" from GH1 has a Brian May ending solo with overlapping guitars. "Freebird" has lead and rythym but it switches off. They play with like 3+ guitars live.

That said, I love "Reptilia" although "Juicebox" would have been a bit better.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Arikado wrote: »

They've done it in GH1 and 2. "Killer Queen" from GH1 has a Brian May ending solo with overlapping guitars. "Freebird" has lead and rythym but it switches off. They play with like 3+ guitars live.

That said, I love "Reptilia" although "Juicebox" would have been a bit better.

that's why some songs will be great for RB, and some not. DLC, I guess.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Learn to Fly looks really fun. Epic looks a lot more entertaining than I thought it would for the guitar as well. I figured it would be a song that was chosen for the vocals.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    RivulentRivulent Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm definately buying this, but the more I watch previews of gameplay, the more I hate the new note symbol (rectangle vs. circle). It *looks* like the timing is much harder and theres less room for error. It just seems odd. I would have been down for a square with side lengths the same as the diameter of the circles from GH, but I dunno.... I'll try to hold reservation but I just seem to like the old way better.

Rivulent on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Rivulent wrote: »
    I'm definately buying this, but the more I watch previews of gameplay, the more I hate the new note symbol (rectangle vs. circle). It *looks* like the timing is much harder and theres less room for error. It just seems odd. I would have been down for a square with side lengths the same as the diameter of the circles from GH, but I dunno.... I'll try to hold reservation but I just seem to like the old way better.

i'm sure we'll learn in time, and become better rock stars/people for it.

as for those lines, i dunno...

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    liquidloganliquidlogan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If 200 is the American price, what are we thinking, 249 for Canadian (although the Canadian dollar is now almost on par.... whatever)?

liquidlogan on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    If 200 is the American price, what are we thinking, 249 for Canadian (although the Canadian dollar is now almost on par.... whatever)?

Most likely, I hope it will only be 200 though.

Also, I Am a Passenger - Iggy Pop wouldn't be a bad song I think, but I may just be crazy.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Is there a release date for this yet?

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Is there a release date for this yet?

November 20 for the 360/PS3

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So

Wave of Mutilation is great, but why they didn't chose Debaser instead is beyond me

bruin on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    So

Wave of Mutilation is great, but why they didn't chose Debaser instead is beyond me

You're right. Where are Harmonix's minds?

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    So

You're right. Where are Harmonix's minds?

All over the world is my guess

bruin on
  • Options
    The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Is there any word on what the in game guitars are going to be? I saw a screenshot with a Jackson Kelly, so I'm excited to see if there are more Jacksons.

The Cheese on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I asked this before, but I never got a reply...

Is there going to be instrument on same instrument battle modes on the same console? You know, like Drum vs drum? Or even more important voice vs voice (so like, singstar but with better music)?

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007

Is there going to be instrument on same instrument battle modes on the same console? You know, like Drum vs drum? Or even more important voice vs voice (so like, singstar but with better music)?

There are Drum-offs, so I'm sure there's Guitar Face-Off's like in the original GH too...

There's no reason why there can't be a VS singing mode either...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Legacy wrote: »

There are Drum-offs, so I'm sure there's Guitar Face-Off's like in the original GH too...

There's no reason why there can't be a VS singing mode either...

Yeah, I played some guitar face-off at PAX, so its in there. Did Epic on Expert with someone, we were mostly tied halfway through the song and than he started kicking my ass.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Is there still no answer on guitarists who would also like to sing without having an extra set of hands to bang the mic?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Is there still no answer on guitarists who would also like to sing without having an extra set of hands to bang the mic?

You could always just lose those extra points.

:|

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited September 2007

i think HMXMoss said some people at HMX did it with a mic stand, and it was hard, but doable.

edit: i just got what you mean, keeping in time with tambourine.

maybe you can yell? or whack the mic with your face, a la Bert from Mary Poppins.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This needs Plug in Baby by Muse.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    SpikedFreakSpikedFreak Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Need more anything by Muse.

SpikedFreak on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Land of Confusion plz

Either the original Genesis or the Disturbed cover, doesn't matter to me

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    They said that even if you can't bang on the mic, missing the tambourine beats doesn't break a combo, so if you do two instruments at once you won't be missing that many points.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Arcibi wrote: »
    Land of Confusion plz

Either the original Genesis or the Disturbed cover, doesn't matter to me

Genesis plz. I want to do it Phil Collins style.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I love the way it seems more like you're watching a 'proper' band perform now, singing at cameras, crowds singing choruses... Colour me forty times more excited than before

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    anable wrote: »

Damnit, are you trying to kill me? Coming in here and posting a link with the words 'Tool in Rockband' in it? Cripes.

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • Options
    anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    At least I didn't do something like this:
    Even though I want it, Tool has not yet been confirmed for Rockband or GH3. It would be awesome if 10,000 Days is DLC on launch, but I doubt that will happen.

anable on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Tool is cool and all, but Its not at the top of my list of things I want in Rock Band... I'm still waiting on The Offspring showing up in one of these games at some point.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Tool is cool and all, but Its not at the top of my list of things I want in Rock Band... I'm still waiting on The Offspring showing up in one of these games at some point.

The Offspring would be fun. Of course, I'm still waiting on some Queen and Dire Straits.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    anable wrote: »
    At least I didn't do something like this:
    Even though I want it, Tool has not yet been confirmed for Rockband or GH3. It would be awesome if 10,000 Days is DLC on launch, but I doubt that will happen.

Is it sad that I STILL had a tiny little pang of excitement at reading that?

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    And this still needs some Cake.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    eelektrik wrote: »
    And this still needs some Cake.

And some White Stripes (or Raconteurs), and Finger Eleven, and a different Garbage song...

If the main game doesn't deliver then DLC needs to.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    White Stripes wouldn't work as they lack bass in most tracks. And when there is any bass, its either carried with the bass drum tempo or it's actually Jack's modified guitar hitting those low notes. Looking back through all my White Stripes cds, I can't find a good song that'd be good for 4 people to play.

Cake would be nice.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Arikado wrote: »
    White Stripes wouldn't work as they lack bass in most tracks. And when there is any bass, its either carried with the bass drum tempo or it's actually Jack's modified guitar hitting those low notes. Looking back through all my White Stripes cds, I can't find a good song that'd be good for 4 people to play.

Cake would be nice.

I'm not a musical expert but Seven Nation Army sounds like it has lead and bass, the bass is just more prominent but during the chorus you hear both. If worse comes to worse, the guitar player that's left out can use the whammy bar to add trippy filters to the characters playing in the background. ;)

I've just been on a White Stripes kick lately so I'd love to see something of theirs in there but I'd always settle for Steady As She Goes which would be perfect.

Atlus Parker on