Options

[Arrow] The best Batman show without Batman.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Is he really his best friend or is just a person that Oliver reminds is a terrible person every minute of every day.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Is he really his best friend or is just a person that Oliver reminds is a terrible person every minute of every day.

I'll be honest here. Since DCnU I've fallen hard off the wagon of reading my comics. And this is from a 10+ year track record of getting all the GL titles.

Are you saying they've thrown out Hal and Ollie being best friends?

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    I don't think so, but Ollie does tend to point out GL is a real asshole a lot.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Summer Glau is televisions greatest villian. Not as an actress playing a character, just to broadcast television series. (Honestly I think shes done a good enough job so far on this series)
    I dont think theres a chance they would make her Talia, but I swear to fucking god if she is talia it will be so dumb.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

It's both really. It's a friendship based on shared assholism and womanizing. And Hal is kind of a terrible person.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Summer Glau is televisions greatest villian. Not as an actress playing a character, just to broadcast television series. (Honestly I think shes done a good enough job so far on this series)
    I dont think theres a chance they would make her Talia, but I swear to fucking god if she is talia it will be so dumb.

Eh, The Sarah Conner Chronicles used her fairly well. They didn't ask her to express emotion, just stand there and be eye candy.

• Options
    SiernanSiernan Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    New episode
    On the one hand, yay! More John Barrowman!

On the other hand, silly subplot involving Thea.

Siernan on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    With all the comparisons this show already gets to the dark knight trilogy the last thing it needs is freaking two face walking around. I get that they don't want to have him always be in the iconic mask that would cover his entire face, but they have to do something about Slade. Other than that though the island stuff is getting really good. Hooray for more Malcolm Merlyn, this show needs a proper villain, but I could do without the stupid overused plot of Thea being his daughter (even if she does seem to be a slightly less terrible actress this season. And lastly on the topic of bad sub plots, CW stop being so CW-y, and drop the Felicity/Oliver pairing.
    Over all I thought that this latest episode was pretty great, especially with how exciting the island stuff is getting.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    With all the comparisons this show already gets to the dark knight trilogy the last thing it needs is freaking two face walking around. I get that they don't want to have him always be in the iconic mask that would cover his entire face, but they have to do something about Slade. Other than that though the island stuff is getting really good. Hooray for more Malcolm Merlyn, this show needs a proper villain, but I could do without the stupid overused plot of Thea being his daughter (even if she does seem to be a slightly less terrible actress this season. And lastly on the topic of bad sub plots, CW stop being so CW-y, and drop the Felicity/Oliver pairing.
    Over all I thought that this latest episode was pretty great, especially with how exciting the island stuff is getting.

This season is basically
    Batman: The TV Series. Which I have wanted for a long time but they don't need to use Green Arrow for the template.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    felicity-chan~~

uguu

also

diggle would bea gud male stripper

also ollie

this show is very strippertacular

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Oh damn.

But also come on Felicity, you've seen this movie, you should've known what would happen.
    Hooray for Malcolm Merlyn being back!

Personally I thought the problem with the court verdict seemed to be that Laurel's argument was pretty weak and should've been demolished by the mother's own lawyer though - convincing Malcolm not to kill your husband rather then just imprison him for 6 months is pretty different to you know, publicly announcing his grand plan and thus giving him no reason not to just kill everyone including you.

• Options
    Good ep, apparently security at queen consolidated is Diggle and a ficus plant, the most ferocious of the office plant variety mind you.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    If the fact that
    Ollie greased Vertigo right outside the Queen Consolidated building where Vertigo clearly fell out of the window of Ollie's office

has no repercussions going forward and never gets commented on again, I will be really disappointed in the writers

• Options
    Spoiler for the last ep.
    Well Arrow already has a history with the count, on top of that with Queen Consolidated releasing the vaccine it can look like the Count was trying to stop a company from stopping his plague and the arrow caught up to him.

Also we got a shot of Barry Allen in the preview! He looks like a generic chris evans, perfect for the flash!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Oh damn.

But also come on Felicity, you've seen this movie, you should've known what would happen.
    Hooray for Malcolm Merlyn being back!

Personally I thought the problem with the court verdict seemed to be that Laurel's argument was pretty weak and should've been demolished by the mother's own lawyer though - convincing Malcolm not to kill your husband rather then just imprison him for 6 months is pretty different to you know, publicly announcing his grand plan and thus giving him no reason not to just kill everyone including you.
    Look, she had an affair with the guy nearly 20 years ago, that obviously means she's guilty of everything, ever.
    But yeah, any half way decent lawyer should have been able to beat that down pretty quickly.

Of course, her having a competent lawyer could have destroyed Merlyn's whole "Yup, I just saved your ass" thing.

• Options
    Judging Moria's decision making in the past, clearly she didn't choose a competent anything for anything. In fact I'll be surprised if Oliver is her own son at this point, he's probably the result of his dad banging shado or something in some weird future time rift where oliver didn't exist and his father made it to the island.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnNH7jCkrg4

Arrow Trailer for the two part midseason finale, and a brief bit of Barry Allen.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    If the fact that
    Ollie greased Vertigo right outside the Queen Consolidated building where Vertigo clearly fell out of the window of Ollie's office

has no repercussions going forward and never gets commented on again, I will be really disappointed in the writers

You would think that it would implicate queen consolidated
    with the vertigo plot. they get money from infecting, doublecross V to sell a vaccine and look like heroes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If the fact that

The writers on this show will milk that for all its worth.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    yussss
    I am all for Thea getting a Dark Apprentice plot with Merlyn

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Oh God I just realized
    Thea totally had a mad crush on her half-brother in season 1, and probably did for years

That's some Luke and Leia shit right there.

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    yussss
    I am all for Thea getting a Dark Apprentice plot with Merlyn

I sorta doubt that's going to happen.
    I mean Merlyn killed her dad(not biological but still), almost killed her half-brother(Oliver), kidnapped her step dad(Walter), killed her other half-brother(That she didn't know about,but would learn) and terrorized her mother for years. That's in addition to killing 503 people with his crazy scheme, almost killing her boyfriend and Thea herself in the process.

If Thea overlooks that in favor of becoming his Apprentice, they would have to do a complete U-turn on her character.

Laurel on the other hand is a candidate for that, because she is all over the place character wise.

It might even make her relevant.

By the way
    Laurel loosing the case, even one as incompetently put together as this one, should have repercussions for her career. Its a big ass case, easily the size of OK City Bombing or 9/11 in importance. Even in Starling there would have to be somebody that gets stuck holding the bag. Who better then the new ADA, who meet with Moira and revealed the "great secret" to her before presenting it in trial.

Have her lose her job as a result, hit the booze even harder, start hating Starling City and have Merlyn make an offer.

It could be yet another twist in the "Laurel is going down the drain" saga.

Edit: fixed to please Praecher

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    Lose, its spelled lose.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    This is the part where everybody (including the writers)
    Tries to forget that Thea had a huge crush on Tommy.

Also, it's spelled losing, not loosing.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Greeper wrote: »

Tommy had a crush on her too.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Now we just need Mrs. Lance to have been plowed by Olivers father to create laurel but not Sarah, thus removing laurel from Ollie's bang list (not a true lance).

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4mUVeiXhzpROgXRmejuTx_xjuaNrlwbdFemNtftk2uZtCQ26l9w

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I gotta be honest, I'm a little disappointed that
    Amanda Waller wasn't overweight and middle aged.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    It's the CW man, no one is over weight.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Waller was overweight on Smallville.

• Options

Waller was overweight on Smallville.

WB Show. Completely different.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I wish the Arrow Crew would make better use of Roy.

like in the most recent episode
    When Felicity was like "I'm going to go check out these shifty flu vaccine trucks by myself because Digg is sick" I was like JUST CALL ROY, THAT IS HIS JOB TO SCOUT SHIT. But then maybe they don't know about Ollie's arrangement with Roy? I dunno, seems like a weird thing for Ollie to keep to himself. Like what's the sense of having an "eyes and ears in the Glades" if you don't use the guy to scout shit?

disclaimer: mostly I just want more Roy in the show.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

When Felicity was like "I'm going to go check out these shifty flu vaccine trucks by myself because Digg is sick" I was like JUST CALL ROY, THAT IS HIS JOB TO SCOUT SHIT. But then maybe they don't know about Ollie's arrangement with Roy? I dunno, seems like a weird thing for Ollie to keep to himself. Like what's the sense of having an "eyes and ears in the Glades" if you don't use the guy to scout shit?

Speedy!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

Speedy!

I think it's more likely that they just go straight to calling him red arrow if he ever gets a nickname since they already said that Thea's childhood nickname was speedy. This way they also open up the potential for her to fill the Mia Dearden role.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Is Thea really meant to be in high school? I always thought she was in her early 20's.

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Is Thea really meant to be in high school? I always thought she was in her early 20's.

She's... running her own business, so safe to say she's 18 now.

• Options
    Thea is 18 now and out of high school. In the first season she was not quite 18 and still in high school. Also, not only is her nickname Speedy, her middle name is Dearden.

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Anyone else think that it looked like Laurel's chin grew an extra inch this episode?

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Myiagros wrote: »
    Anyone else think that it looked like Laurel's chin grew an extra inch this episode?

I had to turn to a friend of mine and say "why the long face?". Yes, her chin did appear longer than usual.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

No he didn't. He has never noticed how hot she is and never, ever will.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.