As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Bravely Default] Beverly Hills 90210 - The Game

• TakelTakel Registered User regular
    I recall some lucky SoB got the director's street pass character around the time of the Japanese release...

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I'm sure Street Pass, as always, will be mostly useless for us US types. If anything, I'm glad when games feature StreetPass stuff that's just window dressing and doesn't mean locking you out of gameplay stuff because you don't carry a 3DS with you and/or don't ever meet other people with one.

• LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    I'm sure Street Pass, as always, will be mostly useless for us US types. If anything, I'm glad when games feature StreetPass stuff that's just window dressing and doesn't mean locking you out of gameplay stuff because you don't carry a 3DS with you and/or don't ever meet other people with one.

You can streetpass with people who have downloaded the demo, btw.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

You can streetpass with people who have downloaded the demo, btw.

Then all I would get for some strange reason is a lot of demos of Mario cart and Pokémon y

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/04/bravely-default-sequel-bravely-second-announced-3ds/
    Bravely Second, a full-fledged sequel to Bravely Default, is in development for the Nintendo 3DS, this week’s Jump magazine has revealed.

You may recall that a while ago, Square Enix filed trademarks for “Bravely Second” and “Bravely Third”. While Bravely Second is the name of a gameplay mechanic in Bravely Default: For the Sequel, it looks like it’s also the title of the second game.

A release date for Bravely Second has not been announced, although Jump magazine does reveal one of the characters in the game, named Magnolia.

bravely_Second_thumb.jpg

You fuckers better buy Bravely Default so that we'll be getting this in the west.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    And a new franchise is born from the corpse of Final Fantasy.

Capture.jpg~original
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Pre-ordered my CE.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Here's a UK launch trailer for us to swoon over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN7G0SxTaI4

I'll be in my bunk.

edited December 2013
    Yup, I've got a boner now.
    Amazon hasn't shipped my copy yet, hopefully they'll do so tomorrow though I'm not holding my breath after I didn't get Mario 3D World on time.

By the way, the official site updated with some neat info. I love the fact that you can customize special moves.

Maz- on
    Goddamn does that look nice. It's nice to see Square Enix occasionally going back to the business of making other developers look lazy as shit when it comes to graphics. Why can't all 3DS titles look this good?

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Wait, you can ZA WARUDO suckers?

Oh yeah looks like a version of motherfucking Doomtrain is in Bravely Default.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I want to know the music that plays around 1:09 in the new trailer (and around 1:20 if they're not the same track). Also the track around 1:49. Damn, the music is SO GOOD.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it. Fucking epic.
    EDIT the Second: I'm tempted to turn that whole section from 4:40 to 5:20 into a ringtone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlsWk-9UGT4

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

I...I...I think I'm actually going to buy the game twice. Gonna get the Collector's Edition for the stuff and the Digital version to play and give the game card to a friend so I have a buddy playing along.

I've threatened to do this with other games like EO IV and SMT IV (I went all digital on EO IV and physical on SMT IV) but this time...I might need both.

I...I...I think I'm actually going to buy the game twice. Gonna get the Collector's Edition for the stuff and the Digital version to play and give the game card to a friend so I have a buddy playing along.

I've threatened to do this with other games like EO IV and SMT IV (I went all digital on EO IV and physical on SMT IV) but this time...I might need both.

While you're at it, you should also buy a European 3DS and a PAL copy of Bravely Default so you can start playing right now!

In other news, Amazon just shipped my copy. Yaaay

• BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Maz- wrote: »

While you're at it, you should also buy a European 3DS and a PAL copy of Bravely Default so you can start playing right now!

Don't tempt me. I nearly ordered a Euro 2DS.

I must be patient.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I know so little about this game other than it's good.

I wonder if I can keep that up until February?

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    That's my plan. Avoid all actual game details outside of maybe OST clips.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    Nobody picked it up yet?
    Me neither.

V0Gug2h.png
    edited December 2013
    Well, it's not out yet, officially. A friend of mine got his copy already even though we live in the same town and we both ordered it from Amazon. No fair!

Speaking of friends, hopefully most of us have registered each other on the 3DS so we can use the ingame Spotpass features.

Maz- on
    Is the E-shop version out yet?

Capture.jpg~original
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Nope. I mean, you can look it up, but you can't buy it yet. Games release on Friday over here.

Nope. I mean, you can look it up, but you can't buy it yet. Games release on Friday over here.

Ah. Will see if my girlfriend is willing to spring for a physical copy.

Capture.jpg~original
    It should be up in one hour.

Saw a pic of the statue that comes with the UK special edition. Yeesh. The paint job is not good.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Saw a pic of the statue that comes with the UK special edition. Yeesh. The paint job is not good.

Yeah I was regretting not grabbing the CE before today, but then I heard the CD was lackluster and saw those pics. Now I'm not so bothered!

Think I'll wait til after xmas though, too much awesome 3DS stuff I've not played form this year yet.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Bravely Default downloading!

Seems like it together with Pokémon and Animal Crossing isn't that far away from filling up my SD card.

Just hit 20 villagers in the demo, woo! Thank you, Streetpassing with my old 3DS.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    maybe just maybe nintendo learned that advertising handheld rpgs can actually move some units like it did with DQ9, which was the best selling dq in north america

Don't think for a second I haven't considered importing a Japanese 3DS. Hell if they hadn't announced both BD:FF and Umihara for localization by early next year I would have. Japanese 3DS makes more sense because of the large number of Japan only 3DS games where so far this gen I can only think of one european 3DS title worth even considering importing that will never come out over here and is worth tracking down in English.

• TakelTakel Registered User regular

Don't think for a second I haven't considered importing a Japanese 3DS. Hell if they hadn't announced both BD:FF and Umihara for localization by early next year I would have. Japanese 3DS makes more sense because of the large number of Japan only 3DS games where so far this gen I can only think of one european 3DS title worth even considering importing that will never come out over here and is worth tracking down in English.

Uh, same here... only I actually pulled the trigger and got a Japanese 3DS... (and got a pre-order on a special 3DS XL pack that's released in Spring next year...)

Actually, what European 3DS game? I cannot think of any

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    Didn't they get a launch time port of One Piece Unlimited Cruise 3DS? That's the only one I can think of with the magic combination of:

Desirable to me
    Would be better with english subs
    won't come to America.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So the music in this game is rad

This is enough for me to get it.... for my wife's birthday, which is well-timed for a February release

dN0T6ur.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I have to wait until midnight before I can download the eShop version.
    Always making me wait.

I ordered this game online a few days ago from an otherwise reliable online store, but they still hadn't sent it to me and according to the site they expect to deliver in about a week.

So I cancelled that order and went to a local store this morning. I got the last copy.

I get the feeling there aren't that many physical copies of Bravely Default out there.

Hurrah for the digital option, I guess.

edited December 2013
    Gotta have dat box art. Is it reversible? I don't think European covers often have that option. Not that I noticed. And who's the artist? Looks damn charming.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time today to pick it up at my local store. Tomorrow hopefully.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    Chen wrote: »
    Gotta have dat box art. Is it reversible? I don't think European covers often have that option. Not that I noticed. And who's the artist? Looks damn charming.

There's no reversible cover.

And according to the back of the box the Lead Artist is Akihiko Yoshida. Though obviously I don't know if that means he drew all that stuff.

Yeah, I think it's him. Wow, impressive resumé. Looking forward to that majestic art!

V0Gug2h.png
    Yoshida just left Square Enix as an actual employee (though I suspect he'll keep working on stuff for them, like Amano has independently for his entire "career" at Square), so fingers crossed that he, Sakimoto, and Matsuno get back together and give us more awesome shit.

This discussion has been closed.