As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

hope you've got your space umbrellas, because there's a [Risk of Rain]

SnerkySnerky call me trickthe c is silentRegistered User regular
edited December 2013 in Social Entropy++
A fan of roguelikes? Sprite art? Online co-op? Brutal difficulty curves? Then maybe you should try...

photo-main.jpg?1364683405

Risk of Rain takes place on an alien world where you are the only survivor of the mysterious crash of the UES Contact Light, an interstellar cargo ship carrying an immense amount of weaponry. As the vessel thundered into the surface of an unnamed planet, it hurled its freight across a vast area, and just as well - you'll have to make use of the scattered loot if you're to have any chance of fending off the hordes of alien creatures coming to kill you. The longer you stay, the faster and more aggressively they come, so don't hesitate too long or you won't make it home alive. Fight your way back to the ship, discover what caused the crash, and - fortune willing - escape.

>_LAUNCH TRAILER

>_GIANT BOMB QUICK LOOK

>_ROR WIKI

>_AVAILABLE ON STEAM: SAVINGS DETECTED

>_SWEET SOUNDTRACK

CHANCE OF SURVIVAL SCALES INVERSELY WITH PARTY SIZE. DO IT ANYWAY:

And, well, that's pretty much all you need to know.

So open your escape pod.

Check your weapons.

Take a look around.

The weather seems nice, at least... I think it might rain later.

EYDHoqw.png
Snerky on

• Options
    SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    yo anybody want their steam IDs in the OP for jolly co-operation, let me know

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    This looks like it might be cool...is it cool? Inquiring minds must know!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Me and snerky were playing as two plague aliens fighting 4 separate magma worm bosses and giant killer jellyfish, all while we summoned missiles and ghosts of killed enemies

It is amazing

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    once you get the hang of a character there is a whole ton of crazy fun to be had, give it a try!
    co-op with us!
    please

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Risk of Rain is cool as shit, though I've only been playing through on easy so far to try and unlock the characters that can be unlocked there. The item system actually reminds me a lot of Binding of Isaac, where you get this random shit that makes everything on screen rapidly get more and more insane.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Before I was a fan of the Spirit Jar and Happy Mask, which summons ghosts from enemies to attack other enemies

Then I found Arms Race

Holy shit

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    This game is hella fun and I wanna try it with multiplayer.

• Options
    Anybody finds themself needing help frolicking in the rain, I'll be there for you

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    nobody panic but I think we're about to set up our first four-player session
    will report back

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    Oh dang about to start dinner too

better keep that weather forecast empty later

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    CalciumtriceCalciumtrice Registered User regular
    I played this co-op for the first time today after watching my flatmate play it a bunch. Pretty fun.

Played sniper with him as enforcer and then engineer with commando. Our second playthrough ended when three scavenger bosses spawned at once on level 3. We were only up to about medium or hard!

Might try it four player at the weekend if we can wrangle a couple of extra people.

• Options
    Everybody play acrid

All acrid all the time

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    CalciumtriceCalciumtrice Registered User regular
    I dunno, the engineer looks to me like he has a suit made out of boomboxes. Acrid's a sweet enough monster and all but giant boombox man.

• Options
    a c r i d f o r e v e r

setting up a four-man acrid run ASAP

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    blue, shabs, me... who will be our fourth man

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Finished the game once. Commando blows through small armies with ease with a couple of decent weapon upgrades

Tried bandit... 5 snake eyes and 5 jetpacks. I think out of 30 or so items about 3 of them actually improved damage. Nuts.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    oh also steam link is in the sig

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I blew about $15000 on a single shrine and only got one item out of it

Snake eyes

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    hi snerky how are you

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I just got this game but I'm getting dinner now, may be up for shootin monsters later tonight

steam id is miscinsanity

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I dunno, the engineer looks to me like he has a suit made out of boomboxes. Acrid's a sweet enough monster and all but giant boombox man.

Double later of acid

Both players use the spreading plague move

You don't even have to attack at this point

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    pretty good ross what about you, friend

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    I just got this and oh my god it's so hard. Steam ID is in my sig.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Played my first run just to check things out, lasted five whole minutes!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    my first run had me playing with a buggy 40fps framerate (effectively slowing the whole game down to 66% speed), so I beat the final boss on my first try B)
    sadly now I'm back in the fast lane so I'm getting obliterated like the rest of y'all

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    shut UP snerky

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    sorry who are you and what are you doing in my thread. do you even have risk of rain.

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    me, posting, no

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    You should probably fix that

Also you should get Risk of Rain

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    That jellyfish boss. Oh god that thing is just made of pure hatred. My best run was making it to the 3rd stage where I died violently to the wisp boss guy because there were like 30 dudes stacked on him and my bouncing brain only lasts so long.

I want to play more.

• Options
    The trick to the Wandering Vagrant is that only its projectiles can hurt you

Unless it's charged

Then you're fucked

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    wandering vagrant is so much harder than any other boss I've fought except the final one
    stop flying through walls you SHIT

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    Wandering Vagrant is easssyyyy

Play acrid

Stand still

Keep pressing the attack button till it dies

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I've being playing this a bit. Only unlocked Enforcer so far and immediately fallen in love even if he feels very mixed for solo potential. I'm Royal Canterlot Voice on steam if anyone wants to co-op.

Also Wandering Vagrant as Enforcer is fun. Find the edge of the map, shield stance against it, hold down attack and DPS race the jellyfish to death.

• Options
    I've got one of these going spare if anyone would like one. I considered doing a contest of some sort but it turns out I can't be bothered.

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    If it's still up for grabs I'll take it. I'll even write you a haiku for it

Risk of Rain for free
    I forgot my umbrella
    Steam name in my sig

• Options
    It's still going, however I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to add you to steam due to what I can only imagine is extreme incompetence on my part, my id is in my sig though.

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Cool. My sig might just be messed up. If you don't mind waiting I get off in 2 hours and can add you when I get home

• Options
  • Options
    dat difficulty level...

uc3ufTB.png