As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Pals Gaming: Killer Pinstinct

145791033

Posts

  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    The fact that it says "THANKS FOR REGISTERING" without obviously letting us know if something was incorrect is what kills me.

    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • jazrocks19jazrocks19 Registered User new member
    Bummer! same thing happen to me. after getting 5 straight wins Twice! I get an email... failed registration.... after weeks of trying to get that 5ranked wins.. now all my opponents are level 11 up to a freaking level 25!!!! ill never get this..

  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    jazrocks19 wrote: »
    Bummer! same thing happen to me. after getting 5 straight wins Twice! I get an email... failed registration.... after weeks of trying to get that 5ranked wins.. now all my opponents are level 11 up to a freaking level 25!!!! ill never get this..

    As long as you got the "On a Roll" achievement MS should be able to get it sorted when you finally get the registration done.

    EvilOtaku
  • TheHonestHippoTheHonestHippo MicrosoftRegistered User regular
    Konig Wolf wrote: »
    I just finished chatting with Microsoft Support, very helpful even though my eligibility is still up in the air in regards to the registration.

    In game in the KI Store it does not show that I have the Killer Instinct: Pin Ultimate Edition Add-On, but it does show it as part of my Xbox One game collection. Microsoft Support even verified I had the correct license in my Microsoft Account (MSA) which he said it was very odd because those who do the checking for the promotion should see it in my MSA too.

    At the end of our discussion it was suggested to try using the email for my MSA as the Up-to-date email address. All-in-all now I've submitted the registration survey 3 times, once when it was first available, after getting the email stating I hadn't used the QR Code (which I did), and once again after speaking with Microsoft Support.

    If you used a different email, I'd recommend using the same one, and seeing if that resolves the issue. I hope this is cleared up as soon as possible, given there is less than a week now.

    Just make sure that you are using the same Microsoft Account login email that is tied to the Xbox One account that has the Pin Ultimate Edition Add On.

    Twitter: @HonestHippo
  • Konig WolfKonig Wolf Pins Pins Pins Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I am certain I am using the same Microsoft Account login email which is tied to my Xbox One account that has the Pin Ultimate Edition Add-On, I only have one email for that and only one MSA.

    @TheHonestHippo if the registration still does not go through for anyone (since others have reported similar issues) after verifying the correct information has been entered on our end, can you advise on the best resource?

    For example, is there a specific email address or website where we can find contact information so we can reach out for follow up to get a better idea of what went wrong with our registration? When speaking with Microsoft Support over chat, the representative admitted they don't have much specific information about in-game issues and promotions, which is more than understandable.

    I'm stoked for Combo Breaker and Sabrewulf Pins! Just wanted to add a thank you for all your assistance and work you're doing for this promotion.

    Konig Wolf on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Konig Wolf wrote: »
    I just finished chatting with Microsoft Support, very helpful even though my eligibility is still up in the air in regards to the registration.

    In game in the KI Store it does not show that I have the Killer Instinct: Pin Ultimate Edition Add-On, but it does show it as part of my Xbox One game collection. Microsoft Support even verified I had the correct license in my Microsoft Account (MSA) which he said it was very odd because those who do the checking for the promotion should see it in my MSA too.

    At the end of our discussion it was suggested to try using the email for my MSA as the Up-to-date email address. All-in-all now I've submitted the registration survey 3 times, once when it was first available, after getting the email stating I hadn't used the QR Code (which I did), and once again after speaking with Microsoft Support.

    If you used a different email, I'd recommend using the same one, and seeing if that resolves the issue. I hope this is cleared up as soon as possible, given there is less than a week now.

    Just make sure that you are using the same Microsoft Account login email that is tied to the Xbox One account that has the Pin Ultimate Edition Add On.

    I did all of this the first time.

    Are you going to be sending out emails again so we can know if this is still fucked up or not? There seem to be quite a few people who are having this issue and 5 days isn't a lot of time.

  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Anyone still needing to get four in a row, I'm in and ready to be killed.

  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Last day to get the 'On a roll' challenge. Good luck to any last minute attempts. I hope the next one is a little easier to obtain, and something that involves working with other community members.

    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

    8fuuo_RK.png
  • TheHonestHippoTheHonestHippo MicrosoftRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Konig Wolf wrote: »
    I just finished chatting with Microsoft Support, very helpful even though my eligibility is still up in the air in regards to the registration.

    In game in the KI Store it does not show that I have the Killer Instinct: Pin Ultimate Edition Add-On, but it does show it as part of my Xbox One game collection. Microsoft Support even verified I had the correct license in my Microsoft Account (MSA) which he said it was very odd because those who do the checking for the promotion should see it in my MSA too.

    At the end of our discussion it was suggested to try using the email for my MSA as the Up-to-date email address. All-in-all now I've submitted the registration survey 3 times, once when it was first available, after getting the email stating I hadn't used the QR Code (which I did), and once again after speaking with Microsoft Support.

    If you used a different email, I'd recommend using the same one, and seeing if that resolves the issue. I hope this is cleared up as soon as possible, given there is less than a week now.

    Just make sure that you are using the same Microsoft Account login email that is tied to the Xbox One account that has the Pin Ultimate Edition Add On.

    I did all of this the first time.

    Are you going to be sending out emails again so we can know if this is still fucked up or not? There seem to be quite a few people who are having this issue and 5 days isn't a lot of time.

    We will. Don't worry.

    TheHonestHippo on
    Twitter: @HonestHippo
  • DominusSephDominusSeph Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    *sigh*

    Well this is just a frustrating process, we have to wait until the last minute to see if we're actually in the system for this, lo and behold I've not gotten an email.
    I'll have to try and resubmit when I get home and hope I get an email saying it's accepted? As I have no clue right now.

  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Well, my registration was a success but still cant get the 4 in a row. Kinda the opposite of whats happening to other people

    f7v9h.jpg
  • NinjaLunchBox79NinjaLunchBox79 Registered User regular
    Will we get these confirmation emails by the weekend? I redid the registration process again, says it was successfull. Would like to get this first challenge pin ..... it was just frustrating to get LOL

  • FocusfluteFocusflute Registered User regular
    I haven't received an email yet. I have Pin Edition. This is confusing.

  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    It's not really confusing. More unorganized if anything.

    Is it that hard to make a registration site that checks your MS ID and then tell you you are registered? Really, I am asking. Haha. Is that a hard thing to do? Like, is it not possible to have an automated system to check your MS ID after hitting submit and then a few seconds later tell you if it was correct or not? Is that something MS doesn't allow?

    Anyway, hopefully this sorts itself out. MS is already on my list permanently after going through four RRoD back in the day.

    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • NinjaLunchBox79NinjaLunchBox79 Registered User regular
    @ redfield ..... yep I hear ya on that, I think my final count of RRoD was 6 LOL

  • vidvid Hot Dog Wizard Registered User regular
    Could be worse, I'm still trying to reach a resolution after getting charged for a Pin Ultimate Edition that I will never receive. I'm counting myself very lucky in that I was able to register and complete the challenge with no major issues.

    Let me just get a beep boop on your PAX badge real quick!
    5nyJ7Y5.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    vid wrote: »
    Could be worse, I'm still trying to reach a resolution after getting charged for a Pin Ultimate Edition that I will never receive. I'm counting myself very lucky in that I was able to register and complete the challenge with no major issues.

    Maybe I should throw them an extra $60? Ha.

    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    vid wrote: »
    Could be worse, I'm still trying to reach a resolution after getting charged for a Pin Ultimate Edition that I will never receive. I'm counting myself very lucky in that I was able to register and complete the challenge with no major issues.

    Maybe I should throw them an extra $60? Ha.

    Sadly, that will most likely solve it...

    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

    8fuuo_RK.png
  • msuroomsuroo Registered User regular
    Add me to the list of folks who followed all the steps but got a failed registration email. I followed all of the steps again (with my XB1 telling me that my code had already been used), so we'll see what happens this time.

  • jrronimojrronimo Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Hi Everyone!

    My failed e-mail registration said:
    As of January 7, 2014, we have not been able to verify that you activated your Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition token with the provided Microsoft Account / Live ID.
    Except that I already have used my QR code and I've re-submitted the registration form per the link in the e-mail.

    Also: I just won my 4 online ranked matches! Hooray!

    ...except that I didn't get any sort of challenge notification. And, in fact, if I go into the "Featured Challenges" list on my Crossbone, Killer Instinct isn't even there. As someone else mentioned, in the KI Store it shows that I have the KI Combo Breaker Add-On and the KI: Ultra Edition Add-On. Should it also say Pin Ultimate in there somewhere? I know I'm close to the registration and completion deadline, but I don't see what I've done wrong. I don't have the "On a roll" achievement, which I am assuming is tied to the Challenge not showing up on my Crossbone.

    Any hints, tips, or ideas?

    Edit:// My Xbox Live username is jrrronimo (with 3 r's) . If you catch me in a ranked match, shout something PA related and I'll let you win. :)

    jrronimo on
  • Konig WolfKonig Wolf Pins Pins Pins Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    jrronimo wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

    My failed e-mail registration said:
    As of January 7, 2014, we have not been able to verify that you activated your Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition token with the provided Microsoft Account / Live ID.
    Except that I already have used my QR code and I've re-submitted the registration form per the link in the e-mail.

    Also: I just won my 4 online ranked matches! Hooray!

    ...except that I didn't get any sort of challenge notification. And, in fact, if I go into the "Featured Challenges" list on my Crossbone, Killer Instinct isn't even there. As someone else mentioned, in the KI Store it shows that I have the KI Combo Breaker Add-On and the KI: Ultra Edition Add-On. Should it also say Pin Ultimate in there somewhere? I know I'm close to the registration and completion deadline, but I don't see what I've done wrong. I don't have the "On a roll" achievement, which I am assuming is tied to the Challenge not showing up on my Crossbone.

    Any hints, tips, or ideas?

    Edit:// My Xbox Live username is jrrronimo (with 3 r's) . If you catch me in a ranked match, shout something PA related and I'll let you win. :)

    I added you and went to compare our games, I see you've got some achievements and challenges completed for the game, but I still see the On a Roll challenge locked for you. Did you win the 4 ranked matches in a row? Are you checking the challenges from within the game?

    According to the promotion page: http://launchworks.net/killer-instinct/2014/01/ki-pin-ultimate-master-post/

    "You will then be able to see the Pin Ultimate Edition Add-On as part of your Xbox One game collection (press the MENU button on top of the Killer Instinct title and select ‘Show all add-ons’ – ‘Killer Instinct: Pin Ultimate Edition’ should show up, it does not need to appear as installed)."

    From the Xbox Menu with all the tiles > My games & apps > Highlight Killer Instinct > Press the Menu Button* > Select "Show all add-ons" > Confirm that Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition is there (doesn't need to appear as installed).

    *Three horizontal lines or where the start button would be on an Xbox 360 controller.

    Konig Wolf on
    jrronimo
  • jrronimojrronimo Registered User regular
    Konig Wolf wrote: »
    I added you and went to compare our games, I see you've got some achievements and challenges completed for the game, but I still see the On a Roll challenge locked for you. Did you win the 4 ranked matches in a row? Are you checking the challenges from within the game?

    According to the promotion page: http://launchworks.net/killer-instinct/2014/01/ki-pin-ultimate-master-post/

    "You will then be able to see the Pin Ultimate Edition Add-On as part of your Xbox One game collection (press the MENU button on top of the Killer Instinct title and select ‘Show all add-ons’ – ‘Killer Instinct: Pin Ultimate Edition’ should show up, it does not need to appear as installed)."

    From the Xbox Menu with all the tiles > My games & apps > Highlight Killer Instinct > Press the Menu Button* > Select "Show all add-ons" > Confirm that Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition is there (doesn't need to appear as installed).

    *Three horizontal lines or where the start button would be on an Xbox 360 controller.

    Thanks for checking! I was able to find the Pin Ultimate add-on last night, and it is installed, for what it's worth. I can't even see "On a Roll" listed anywhere, but I *did* win 4 ranked matches in a row last night.

    Where do the Challenges appear in the game? I can't seem to find those. My Xbox One doesn't show KI at all under "Featured Challenges", and if there's a better list, I can't find it. It's weird.

    Thanks again for checking!

  • Konig WolfKonig Wolf Pins Pins Pins Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    Main Menu > Y Button to access the Meld > Scroll over to Achievements > Press down > Press A

    From there it should show you your Achievements, Challenges are under this section too and have little images of presents/gifts (a box with a bow/ribbon on top). You should be able to highlight each one and it will show you the name of the Achievement or Challenge and what day you unlocked it on. Clicking A further shows you what the requirement(s) for the Achievement or Challenge.

  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Still have yet to see any form of email, failed or otherwise.

    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    jrronimo wrote: »
    Konig Wolf wrote: »
    I added you and went to compare our games, I see you've got some achievements and challenges completed for the game, but I still see the On a Roll challenge locked for you. Did you win the 4 ranked matches in a row? Are you checking the challenges from within the game?

    According to the promotion page: http://launchworks.net/killer-instinct/2014/01/ki-pin-ultimate-master-post/

    "You will then be able to see the Pin Ultimate Edition Add-On as part of your Xbox One game collection (press the MENU button on top of the Killer Instinct title and select ‘Show all add-ons’ – ‘Killer Instinct: Pin Ultimate Edition’ should show up, it does not need to appear as installed)."

    From the Xbox Menu with all the tiles > My games & apps > Highlight Killer Instinct > Press the Menu Button* > Select "Show all add-ons" > Confirm that Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition is there (doesn't need to appear as installed).

    *Three horizontal lines or where the start button would be on an Xbox 360 controller.

    Thanks for checking! I was able to find the Pin Ultimate add-on last night, and it is installed, for what it's worth. I can't even see "On a Roll" listed anywhere, but I *did* win 4 ranked matches in a row last night.

    Where do the Challenges appear in the game? I can't seem to find those. My Xbox One doesn't show KI at all under "Featured Challenges", and if there's a better list, I can't find it. It's weird.

    Thanks again for checking!

    Depends on what time you got the 4 wins. I think it ended somewhere around 9 or 10 PM EST last night


    f7v9h.jpg
  • jrronimojrronimo Registered User regular
    Kuma wrote: »
    Depends on what time you got the 4 wins. I think it ended somewhere around 9 or 10 PM EST last night

    That... would be some epic lamesauce. I haven't found a single mention anywhere online about what time zone the contest ends. It only says "January 17, 2014", anywhere. I guess it's my fault for assuming that that's midnight on the 17th, in any time zone...

    If that's the case, then I would have missed it by an hour or so. Super, super bummer.

  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Currently there are no challenges to get, hopefully there will be news on the next one soon.

    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

    8fuuo_RK.png
  • DominusSephDominusSeph Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    Ok, "Successfully" re-registered my code.
    I see it on my XBL account, so i can only hope thqt this time some magic happens and I get an email.

  • NinjaLunchBox79NinjaLunchBox79 Registered User regular
    I'm seriously gonna be pissed if i have to pay for my first challenge pin even tho I completed the challenge!!!

  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yuuuup. I'm still waiting for any sort of confirmation as well. I just assume I'm going to have to pay for all my pins because this will be such an issue. In which case I will get all the pins and a complete set, and then be salty and just sell the whole thing.

    I probably won't, but saltiness is salty.

    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Been a couple of days now since the challenge ended, still no email confirming completion, hope we get them before they go on sale

    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

    8fuuo_RK.png
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    What we really need is a way to see our registration data on the Pin side - I know my token is correct because I can see the PinUltimate version on my XBox, but I have no idea if the rest of my data is correct (since it was apparently wrong the first time), and since if it's not correct by today I don't get what I earned, it's just a bad situation.

  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Been a couple of days now since the challenge ended, still no email confirming completion, hope we get them before they go on sale
    Dont worry about that, a poster above said something to the effect that the pins are already put aside for owners of the pin edition

    Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • zennouxzennoux Registered User new member
    So I registered my copy of the game shortly after I got it on the website. No email or anything that said it was successful. I completed the challenge a while ago and tried to re-register again today. No email. How long do I have to wait? Thanks.

  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    We are all still waiting for a second email and to even know that we are still qualified for the discount on buying the challenge pin.

    While we might be getting salty about this, I think it is better they just do their work behind the scenes and set it straight than say things to rile us up.

    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Agreed. I would start getting concerned after the pins actually go on sale. Be patient, there are people working on it.

    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

    8fuuo_RK.png
  • FocusfluteFocusflute Registered User regular
    Have not received any email. How do I register? I held up the code that came w the game to the kinect and it accepted it. Haven't seen anything else about registration in the packaging. Am I registered? Who knows?

  • zennouxzennoux Registered User new member
    redfield85 wrote: »
    We are all still waiting for a second email and to even know that we are still qualified for the discount on buying the challenge pin.

    While we might be getting salty about this, I think it is better they just do their work behind the scenes and set it straight than say things to rile us up.

    I never received an email at all. What was the first email? Thanks.

    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN
  • PremisesX7PremisesX7 Registered User new member
    Registered 3 times a couple of nights ago and still nothing. Does anyone know how long it took to get a confirmation email? I completed the challenge when it first started but didn't get to buy the Ultimate Edition until a weeks ago. I show the achievement is unlocked and I registered the Ultimate Edition on my xbox and confirmed it I'm just waiting for the email stating I registered.

  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Make sure you register the game with the website as well. And there is no confirmation email, you just have to hope it worked. The full instructions, including link to registration website, is http://launchworks.net/killer-instinct/2014/01/ki-pin-ultimate-master-post/

    Dreamwriter on
Sign In or Register to comment.