As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TV - Lost AV input

DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
So I asked this a while back in other areas and never got an answer. My projection tv lost its input 5 for the dvi connection. Without spending lots of money is this fixable?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1

• Options
    illigillig Registered User regular
    no one will be able to diagnose something like this over the internet with the amount (i.e. absolutely none) information that you provided...

your options are: google the model number and symptom to see if it's at all common and someone else has a fix for it, take it into a repair shop, or open it up and see if you can spot a bad connection to fix

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Ok, thank you for your input, what kind of information might help? I don't even know what I should post. I can post the tv model when I get home, as I'm not in front of the set now.

The only thing I found was someone said something similar. And they said they did something in the advanced menu. Something about enabling the input, but unfortunately I wasn't able to find that post again. I found the advanced menu by pushing a whole bunch of numbers, but I didn't want to touch anything for fear of breaking the rest of the tv that works.

If it is going to be going to a shop, than I am not going to worry. It is an older tv, but I know there are lots of smart folks around here, so was going to give it a shot.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1