As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Surround sound Audio lag after a couple hours of being powered on

So this is a problem I've had for a long time. I can't recall if I've ever tried to fix it. It's very possible I HAVE and wound up failing due to outputs/inputs available with my receiver/tv. But with the Xbox One and me becoming more than annoyed I'm taking to the forums to find a solution.

Here's the deal: I have a surround sound system. Panasonic. 7.1. Bought it on sale a few years ago at a nice price. Anyways. I used to have my DirecTv box set up on it's own split, as, of course, it didn't run through my Xbox One. So DirecTv would go something like

DirecTv - HDMI from Satellite box to TV - Optical cable from Surround sound to Splitter - Optical Cable from Splitter to DirecTv box - I never got lag watching TV. This is something I've been confused about. HOWEVER, let's get into game systems.

Xbox 360 or PS3 or any game system I've hooked up has had this issue I'm about to list, Which my DirecTv now does as a result of being hooked up through my Xbox One.

Game system problem - HDMI from game system to TV - Optical from game system to splitter - I just swap it to the game system selection on my splitter to hear game audio, now this is what occurs, audio ALWAYS starts perfectly fine. No lag. But then after around an hour and a half to 2 hours you notice things are off. After around 3 hours it's pretty damn noticeable. Finally any more than 4 hours and you're into their lips are moving and then you hear what they say coming out zone. I've always had this issue and I've always only fixed it by simply turning off and then on my surround system. This would re-sync everything and I would be all set for another couple hours of game play.

The issue I'm having is now that it's hooked up through my Xbox One my regular TV lags out after a while. My games obviously still do as well. Anyways I really don't understand how this all works. It may be that, like I said, I had looked this up before and found I had a lack of inputs/outputs on my surround receiver, in which case are there any recommendations to fix this? I just don't know what to do or how to fix this. I also don't know why, originally, my DirecTv box never lagged but my game systems would. Any help or explanation on all of this would be amazing. My surround system is a Panasonic SA-BT200. I have a Nyrius optical Audio Splitter and like I said, the audio I have splitting is the Surround Audio. I just plug all the opticals from whatever I want to listen to into the different slots and swap them to listen to their respective audio. Which I don't even need to do anymore since I have my cable running through my Xbox One. I only need the one optical really.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you guys for whatever information you can give!

"You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling