As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BF4] 100% of servers now running 24/7 Meatro. We've come full circle.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I think I do, I bought the premium edition off of PSN.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Rush map quality varies a lot. A good game of it as attackers also relies on not having half your team be snipers who sit still all game, and people having smoke grenades.

A single squad that knows how to smoke and push can win the game themselves, but getting people to do that is hard.

On defence its just all about not falling back, if your team gets behind the mcoms, your going to lose.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I don't like conquest in anyway.

So I'm trying to snipe dudes in the dome and even while trying to aim with bullet drop in mind I can't hit a damn thing right now. Has something changed how this all works from BF3 to BF4?

yeah, a lot of changes have been made since bf3. Hell, there's been a lot of changes since bf4 launched. You'll need to learn how each weapon works as they have different firing characteristics.

253J736.png
  • Options
    So how exactly does this scope thing work on sniper rifles? The one that goes from 200 to 400 and ends at 1000.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So how exactly does this scope thing work on sniper rifles? The one that goes from 200 to 400 and ends at 1000.

That would be the zeroing range. Basically, you input how far away your target is from you, put your crosshairs over the target and pull the trigger. The scope range will automatically arc the bullet so that the round will hit where you're aiming.

Personally, I find it nearly useless, as I can figure out bullet drop on my own and compensate accordingly.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

That would be the zeroing range. Basically, you input how far away your target is from you, put your crosshairs over the target and pull the trigger. The scope range will automatically arc the bullet so that the round will hit where you're aiming.

Personally, I find it nearly useless, as I can figure out bullet drop on my own and compensate accordingly.

Or alternatively you can learn mildots and keep in mind what the default zeroing is for snipers in BF4 and then skip on adjusting what your ranging is and just point and click.

Because FPS Doug does it

• Options
    Is it me or is the SRR-61 not that good? The M98B has been far better for me so far.

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Is it me or is the SRR-61 not that good? The M98B has been far better for me so far.

Some people seem to like the flatter trajectory that the SRR-61 has (6 m/s² drop) vs the standard trajectory for the M98B (9.81 m/s² drop). Me, I prefer the GOL Magnum, because if I miss that headshot, it has less recoil and a faster bolt cycle to help get that follow up shot on target.

But I don't even snipe much anymore since they buffed DMRs. At most of the ranges that you fight in this game, DMRs are now a more effective weapon. Hell, DMRs are probably OP now compared to sniper rifles, since you get almost the same suppression capability at a much faster rate.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    CarbonFire wrote: »

Some people seem to like the flatter trajectory that the SRR-61 has (6 m/s² drop) vs the standard trajectory for the M98B (9.81 m/s² drop). Me, I prefer the GOL Magnum, because if I miss that headshot, it has less recoil and a faster bolt cycle to help get that follow up shot on target.

But I don't even snipe much anymore since they buffed DMRs. At most of the ranges that you fight in this game, DMRs are now a more effective weapon. Hell, DMRs are probably OP now compared to sniper rifles, since you get almost the same suppression capability at a much faster rate.

unless you're shooting at other dmrs or snipers, then the suppression doesn't have an affect.

253J736.png
  • Options
    WolveSight wrote: »
    CarbonFire wrote: »

unless you're shooting at other dmrs or snipers, then the suppression doesn't have an affect.

Right, which makes it a better counter-sniping weapon than a sniper rifle in a lot of circumstances. If anything, they should probably tone down the suppression on DMRs a little bit.

• Options
    to be honest, I wish they'd increase the effect of suppression against people using dmrs and snipers. Every other gun gets a pretty heavy accuracy penalty. But the pinpoint weapons behave as if it's a nice sunny day without a care that 20 people are firing in their direction.

253J736.png
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Bought premium over the break for PC, hadn't played any of the DLC so it was nice to get back in to with all the new maps.

Been playing purely Hardcore and it has me addicted. Only downside is the fact that mortars seem to be 1-hit kills so you always see mortars coming in but no radar in the HUD makes a big diff.

the DMR's, especially RFB are just soooo good.

Anyone on here with PC play hardcore? Looking for some people to shoot other people with

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Dixon wrote: »
    Bought premium over the break for PC, hadn't played any of the DLC so it was nice to get back in to with all the new maps.

Been playing purely Hardcore and it has me addicted. Only downside is the fact that mortars seem to be 1-hit kills so you always see mortars coming in but no radar in the HUD makes a big diff.

Anyone on here with PC play hardcore? Looking for some people to shoot other people with

I like the idea of hardcore, but 1-hit snipers, mortars and some other balance issues tank my enjoyment of hardcore too much unfortunately.

If you haven't played much of them yet, the two expansions done by DICE LA are the best. Dragon's Teeth's maps range from ok to fantastic, and all of the Final Stand maps are pretty great. Though given some of the wide open spaces that you'll find in the Final Stand maps, hardcore might be even more of a snipefest than it is in Normal.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Final stand maps are great for collecting sniper dog tags

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    ive been disappointed at the popular maps. For some reason I really like maps like Giants and Guilin peaks but they don't seem to make too many rotations. I do not like the new caspian border. I think the changes to the hilltop point were not necessary at all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I don't know. I just can't seem to hit any heads at 200m with the SRR-61, probably gonna stick with the M98B for now. I was planning on leveling DMRs next but I find I really suck with them. I want to level my Engineer class fully next. Wish I had used more of that experience boost.

Stragint on

• Options
    ToyD wrote: »
    ive been disappointed at the popular maps. For some reason I really like maps like Giants and Guilin peaks but they don't seem to make too many rotations. I do not like the new caspian border. I think the changes to the hilltop point were not necessary at all.

Guilin is great, but mountaintop beacons almost ruin it. Giants is arguably the best of the Final Stand Maps....I think it's right up there with some of the best BF2 maps. I've been playing mostly on Final Stand-only rotations just so I can play more Giants.

Just don't play the small variant....god it's awful. Same goes for Hangar 21.

@Stragint Go with whatever works for you and your playstyle. I don't particularly like the SRR-61 either, but enjoy the GOL, 338 and M98B immensely.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »

I play Classic, which I find strikes a good balance between HC and regular. No 3D spotting, no killcam and no health regen pretty much, but you still have a map and still show up when spotted or shoot an unsuppressed gun.

• Options
    Why are so many upgrades locked behind battlepack stuff?

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    :cash_shop:

• Options
    ?

Battlepacks are just the way you 'level' guns in 4. Really no dif than 3 except now they come in a pack.

There are no gun unlocks in the bronze/silver/gold packs you couldnt get just by using a gun enough

• Options
    So tired of micro transactions in every game.

So does anyone play on the PS4 and want to roll some matches? I'm doing really bad lately and it would be more fun to have someone to play with.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    ?

Battlepacks are just the way you 'level' guns in 4. Really no dif than 3 except now they come in a pack.

There are no gun unlocks in the bronze/silver/gold packs you couldnt get just by using a gun enough

Did they change that? I remember the majority of attachments for each gun were locked behind battlepacks.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    ?

Did they change that? I remember the majority of attachments for each gun were locked behind battlepacks.

about a third to a half are locked behind battlepacks, but you can always get equivalent attachments by just using the gun and getting enough kills.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    ?

Battlepacks you get for using the gun. You also get random attachments in packs when you level your character. Which is nice to go to a gun ive never used and have attachments for it.

you can get every guns full set by using it enough.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, but nothing like needing 500 kills with a weapon before I get my choice of RDS and a Flash Suppressor.

Cause, that's real fun....

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    You want coyote and heavy barrel anyways. :)

• Options
    Oh yeah, but nothing like needing 500 kills with a weapon before I get my choice of RDS and a Flash Suppressor.

Cause, that's real fun....

Sometimes I forget people don't sink as much time into these games as I do because levelling guns doesn't seem to take me long. But then i'm usually happy to get anything but irons and roll from there.

• Options
    I am really bad with Carbine guns. Really bad. Maybe I'm just not using them on the right maps. Damn my horrible need to unlock every gun.

• Options
    I am really bad with Carbine guns. Really bad. Maybe I'm just not using them on the right maps. Damn my horrible need to unlock every gun.

If you can't use carbines you must just suck at FPS games in general, they perform just like every AR and LMG and PDW.

• Options
    Carbines and shotguns are how I unlocked all the gadgets for recon.

• Options
    iRevert wrote: »

If you can't use carbines you must just suck at FPS games in general, they perform just like every AR and LMG and PDW.

Yes, that is the only possible conclusion.

Are the DLC maps unpopular or is it just a PS4 thing? I can't seem to find games for anything but basic BF4 maps. I'd really like to try out the other ones.

• Options
    That indescribable feeling of glee when most of the server is convinced that you're hacking....

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/552722427986305472/333998887/

If we can't have a BF2143, I guess owning in the Hover Tank will have to do.

• Options

Are the DLC maps unpopular or is it just a PS4 thing? I can't seem to find games for anything but basic BF4 maps. I'd really like to try out the other ones.

Im on the 1 and sometimes have trouble finding games on the older packs.

And I dont know what to say about carbines, they are my favorite. But i cant them very well past short to medium range. What do you normally roll with?

• Options

And I dont know what to say about carbines, they are my favorite. But i cant them very well past short to medium range. What do you normally roll with?

It is a large part of me not having anything but iron sights on my two carbines and trying to kill people past medium range. The gun isn't bad I'm just using it badly.

• Options

AK5, ACR, A91, and M4 are basically all you need though I'd stick with the ACR for everything as there are only a few class specific guns that can outclass it.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

AK5, ACR, A91, and M4 are basically all you need though I'd stick with the ACR for everything as there are only a few class specific guns that can outclass it.

I was convinced that I just plain couldn't use carbines. That is, until I unlocked the MTAR. Once that happened, it became my top performing gun (top three are: 1) MTAR, 2) MG4, and 3) M60).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

I was convinced that I just plain couldn't use carbines. That is, until I unlocked the MTAR. Once that happened, it became my top performing gun (top three are: 1) MTAR, 2) MG4, and 3) M60).

Really the AK5-C and ACR shouldn't be that different as both of them are basically lasers at any range, I think I burst the ACR every ten rounds or so at range and still win most ranged fights. Unless you're running around hipfiring everything and just spraying carbines shouldn't be that hard for you to use effectively.

• Options

It is a large part of me not having anything but iron sights on my two carbines and trying to kill people past medium range. The gun isn't bad I'm just using it badly.

If you are trying to peg a sniper you could always pop it into burst or single shot mode. Im bad with irons so i hear you there