As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need help finding a book about kids turned into owls

Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-FedRegistered User regular
It was published back in the 70's and was about a girl that sneaks into a haunted Victorian mansion and finds some owls in the attic that are actually children who became owls to escape their awful father. The girl ends up going back in time to when the children were alive and they treat her like dirt and the father was just misunderstood. She escapes and the house crumbles while the owls hoot accusingly at her.

That's all I remember except it was probably a Scholastic book.

• Options
    Space CoyoteSpace Coyote Registered User regular
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Nope, already looked at that one.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Sounds like something by Roald Dahl, but that's just a guess.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    In trying to find this I realized that a lot of the cover art for those children's books was terrifying.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The Ghost Next Door is from 1971 and features an owl with love in its eyes. It's not the right thing but is an example of the sort of creepy ass thing I am coming up with here.

I am very curious what the answer is.. I'll try to look again in the morning if I can.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Thanks all! I need it for a Christmas present. I appreciate all the help.

• Options
    Try asking on loganberrybooks.com. That's the site I was looking through last night.