Options

Etc. Bears and Bespoke, A Thread of Fashion

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I did laser hair removal in several areas, and I will say:

1) It wasn't very successful on my facial hairs. Though I have some kinda-dark lip hair due to my Italian roots, it's still not dark enough to work with laser hair removal.
    2) Most of the hair grew back. The exception is that my legs have less hair than they did before, but it didn't remove all the hair (possibly it might have with more sessions).

I'm thinking of electrolysis. I'd really like to never have to shave my legs again.

Laser hair removal - the darker the hair the better. It doesn't work at all on blonde hair. It takes many sessions to completely rid an area of hair.

• Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    For my facial hair my GP prescribed a cream called Vaniqua. Mine is due to pcos though, so I'm not entirely sure it works in every case.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Boy has got his suit for my sister's wedding, it has a waistcoat.

I'm not going to post a picture but oh my. I can see why Blake and the other guys here talk about what a difference a good suit makes!

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    I, too, had to do a double take at "Brazilian blowout".

But then I just read DSLR as BDSM so.

I didn't even raise an eyebrow, you know nothing lewd is going on here.

Seriously though, I've been wondering if a Brazilian blow out was some kind of sex move

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

I'm not going to post a picture but oh my. I can see why Blake and the other guys here talk about what a difference a good suit makes!

You will now, always have to be vigilant for the evil suit.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    For my facial hair my GP prescribed a cream called Vaniqua. Mine is due to pcos though, so I'm not entirely sure it works in every case.

How did that work for you? My doctor has mentioned it before (PCOS fist-bump), but also mentioned that it's pricey. I might be willing to pay for it regardless if it's worth it. I don't really want to pay for it just to see.

I did laser for a while, and really liked the results. My PCOS was untreated at the time, though, so it wasn't permanent in any way. I'm under the impression that it isn't usually permanent anyway, but that typically a person must continue to have to do some maintenance visits from time to time. I'm not sure what the overall cost is compared to electrolysis.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »

You will now, always have to be vigilant for the evil suit.

Evil suit...?

Like sexy evil or...?

Cause I could be on board with that.

• Options
    Behold

Daft Punk
    tumblr_mlx4gnL77S1r3s4oio1_500.jpg
    Circa 1997

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    No wonder they wear those helmets all the time if that's what they look like

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    imagine if they kept the Red Oni/Blue Oni look instead of moving onto robots

Glam Japanese Demons

Sequinned samurai armor

Antimatter on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Attempted a quick beard trim while still half asleep this morning.

It... didn't go as planned.

Face-nude for the first time in about 6 months.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

never rush a trim.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Yeah, take it slow. Trim a little over a few days.

I also wait to trim my beard until drinking turns into quaffing.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, my moustache style changed slightly this week because of some improper trimming that I had to even out.

I'm mostly annoyed because I'd been the happiest I've ever been with my moustache for a few weeks. And bummed that I never got any photos of it in that state.

I should probably get a photo of the current style to prevent this repeating itself.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

8qXFDTj.gif

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Normally I'm perfectly capable of trimming without a hitch.

It was just a combination of not enough sleep, running late for work and poor decisions.

• Options
    On the up side, I ran into my mum today and she exclaimed that my baby butt smooth visage was "so pretty".

Thanks mum.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    running into one's mother seems so strange to me

i haven't lived in the same city as mine for a decade. which is sad, really.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    On the up side, I ran into my mum today and she exclaimed that my baby butt smooth visage was "so pretty".

Thanks mum.

I believe, sir, that this is going to be one of those things that you are going to have to prove.

Your beard was quite glorious and rather lovely and I do not necessarily think that you are not pretty without it. But truly, I feel that we of the internet should be allowed to judge this for ourselves.

(was that suitably not creepy?)

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2014

Thanks mum.

I believe, sir, that this is going to be one of those things that you are going to have to prove.

Your beard was quite glorious and rather lovely and I do not necessarily think that you are not pretty without it. But truly, I feel that we of the internet should be allowed to judge this for ourselves.

here I will counter-balance that with something creepier

PICS OF YOUR BABY BUTT VISAGE PLEASE

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Thanks mum.

photo.jpg

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    yes top button

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »

How did that work for you? My doctor has mentioned it before (PCOS fist-bump), but also mentioned that it's pricey. I might be willing to pay for it regardless if it's worth it. I don't really want to pay for it just to see.

I did laser for a while, and really liked the results. My PCOS was untreated at the time, though, so it wasn't permanent in any way. I'm under the impression that it isn't usually permanent anyway, but that typically a person must continue to have to do some maintenance visits from time to time. I'm not sure what the overall cost is compared to electrolysis.

It's alright. Feels funny on my skin so I don't use it as often as I should. Works, though. As for cost, I can't remember off the top of my head but its reasonable and a tube goes a long way. You do have to keep up your normal routine for hair removal until growth stops, which for me is plucking these days. My hairs are ginger so laser is pointless and my tolerance for electrolysis is very low.

• Options
    Panic ButtonPanic Button Robo-cannibal Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Behold

Daft Punk
    tumblr_mlx4gnL77S1r3s4oio1_500.jpg
    Circa 1997

Somehow, I never realized how much I want a Back to the Future shirt.

Drawings and short stories: sketchatron.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh yeah.

I forgot to post my suit.

Here is is.

BEB366CD-1A61-4BCC-9EE4-10EEDCE8BA11_zpsu11r2elu.jpg

And here is it's ultra sweet lining.

8A54E015-C520-42B0-8053-18A856C29F7E_zps6nxxob0r.jpg

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You need to wear that jacket inside out.

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    You look like Will Arnett

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    Jeepers Blake

Crikey blimey golly gosh my giddy aunt

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Yea, when we were 8 I never figured he'd have that reaction from people. Not that I figured much at that time, but yea. It's a great look mate.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I don't look so much like will arnett, it's that I'm struggling to fit myself inside the mirror....

Blake T on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Thanks mum.

photo.jpg

Hmm, I'm getting some Van Deer Beekian notes with a great body

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    I don't have any money for sweet threads but I do have all this old makeup lying around and all this 3:30 in the morning free time

So uh

How do I makeup, fashion thread? Nobody ever taught me nothin'. I guess there's like... seasonal... skin/hair types?? Any good youtube tutorial videos that aren't trying to sell me something you guys would recommend?

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I don't have any money for sweet threads but I do have all this old makeup lying around and all this 3:30 in the morning free time

So uh

How do I makeup, fashion thread? Nobody ever taught me nothin'. I guess there's like... seasonal... skin/hair types?? Any good youtube tutorial videos that aren't trying to sell me something you guys would recommend?

@vivixenne had a link in her sig that might still be there has a link in her sig

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I awesomed Blake's suit post but then I noticed he used it's instead of its and now I feel sickened.

• Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    Thanks for the link MotW but I just discovered I can't comprehend anything more than a paragraph at a time right now! I guess I'll have to wait until I get some sleep before I can actually learn anything.

• Options
    I awesomed Blake's suit post but then I noticed he used it's instead of its and now I feel sickened.

That was the iPhones fault.

See, it even fucked up that apostrophe.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    You look like Will Arnett

This was also the first thing I thought

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Their they're, it'll be OK.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, the guy in the three thousand dollar suit is gonna bother with proper apostrophe use. Come on!

This discussion has been closed.