Options

[MMA]UFC 178: Porier vs McGregor (olol) - LIVE NOW!

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    B:L wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    TRT is super stupid. A, because corrupt doctors are willing to tell pretty much anyone their testosterone levels are low and then pump them up far above the normal average, up to the very maximum part of the allowed range. That's not medicinal, that's just the rules deciding for some reason that you're only allowed to take so much performance enhancing drug.

And B, because the reason a ton of these guys develop testosterone levels on the slightly-below-average range in the first place is by abusing steroids and artificial testosterones, and then they're allowed to take drugs to compensate for it after they've wrecked their body's ability to create hormones normally.

I've got so little patience for allowing any of this crap in sports.

Kana discriminates against athletes with hypogonadism.

Beel takes pro-cheating stance, believes athletes should sacrifice their long-term health in order to extend their fighting career

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    B:L wrote: »
    TRT is super stupid. A, because corrupt doctors are willing to tell pretty much anyone their testosterone levels are low and then pump them up far above the normal average, up to the very maximum part of the allowed range. That's not medicinal, that's just the rules deciding for some reason that you're only allowed to take so much performance enhancing drug.

And B, because the reason a ton of these guys develop testosterone levels on the slightly-below-average range in the first place is by abusing steroids and artificial testosterones, and then they're allowed to take drugs to compensate for it after they've wrecked their body's ability to create hormones normally.

I've got so little patience for allowing any of this crap in sports.

Kana discriminates against athletes with hypogonadism.

Beel takes pro-cheating stance, believes athletes should sacrifice their long-term health in order to extend their fighting career

Unless they do it for the UFC, then it's Dana's fault.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Chael's original opponent Wanderlei ran out the back of a gym to avoid taking a test he knew he'd fail
    Chael's new opponent Vitor failed a test months ago
    Now Chael failed his test

This sport is better out of the octagon than it is in it

I guess all these people are about to retire.

Chael just did.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Yes.

Yes, he did.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/11/5801998/chael-sonnen-announces-retirement-from-mixed-martial-arts

Related:

caposa (@GrabakaHitman)
    6/11/14, 12:37 PM
    Dana on whether Sonnen should have not applied for a license until sufficiently weaned off TRT: "You know, nobody thought of that." Oh.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Ross Pearson gets his win bonus from Dana White. He also gets a step up in competition for his next fight. As far as the UFC is concerned, he's 3-0-1 in his last 4 since he returned to Lightweight.

http://www.artofmma.com/mma-news/item/8484-dana-white-awards-ross-pearson-30-000-win-bonus-following-controversial-judges-decision-at-ufc-fight-night-42?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    With Chael Sonnen announcing his retirement from MMA on Wednesday, Vitor Belfort is officially off the UFC 175 card as well.

Yahoo! Sports' Kevin Iole first reported his removal from the card, and UFC Senior Director of Public Relations Dave Sholler confirmed that the UFC could not find another fighter to face him, so they removed him from the card.

According to Sholler, the UFC will announce a new bout order for the UFC 175 card in the coming days. Further, Ariel Helwani reported on Twitter that Belfort has been removed from the NAC's agenda next week, meaning his license situation remains in limbo.

End the sport immediately, nothing will be funnier than this entire Wanderlei/Vitor/Chael saga

• Options
    I predict Chael Sonnen shows up at WWE's Money in the Bank PPV and wins the vacant World Heavyweight Championship.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    I predict Chael Sonnen shows up at WWE's Money in the Bank PPV and wins the vacant World Heavyweight Championship.

but then launders the money and fails a drugs test

• Options

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

but then launders the money and fails a drugs test

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Well, shitty way to go out, but he had his day. Got paid, left without taking too much damage. Christ, imagine how sad it would be to see a punchy Chael.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    oooooooooooooooooooo

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Well WWE just released a shit load of talent today. Maybe making room for Chael?

Nah

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    Hey, forget all this steroids talk for a sec and check out these awesome pics GSP and Anderson Silva took together:

Link.

GSP looks a little scared in that one pic where they're both wearing boxing gloves.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Hey, forget all this steroids talk for a sec and check out this awesome pic Johny Hendricks, Felice Herrig and Douglas Lima took together:

333inbd.jpg

They were at the E3 AlienWare booth doing autograph signings. Sadly enough, the line was really short.

B:L on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    95c9i8yrfqvn.jpg

Here's another one, pretty cool. She's working insanely hard, I've never seen her in this kind of shape. Hopefully she does well on the show, she's good peoples. Bec Hyatt, Carla Esparza, thug Rose, all sorts of good peoples in that division I'd like to see win. Should be fun to watch I have a feeling they're going to have some fantastic fights.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2014
    Hey, was this you driving around a few days ago, B:L?

4n0fv.jpg

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Got stuck in traffic, blamed the ten point must system.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Got stuck in traffic, blamed the ten point must system.

Must have been Dana White driving the car he bought with all the money he didn't pay the fighters way too slowly, holding everyone up.

• Options
    anyone watching the fights tonight?

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    gonna see if i can stay awake to catch whatever's lefts after the 2AM football, but will probably have to resort to recording instead

• Options
    I have vacation and coffee both, so I'm gonna see if I can stay awake. Might even make a bet. haven't done that in forever and the odds on OSP are good for fighting a sketchy striker like Jimmo.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Fightpass prelims are live. White guy dreads spotted.

Edit: Carlos Condit out till 2015. Fuck.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Almost didn't find out the prelims were on FX in time. Glad I did that was a good first fight and a wicked KO by Bang.

• Options
    Lady fight coming up.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Damn. I think Phillips lost. She is from my small little town in the world.

• Options
    Phillips got too focused on that punch that messed up Letourneos' face and just kept trying for the KO when I don't think she had racked up enough damage to get one. Although I've never seen Phillips fight before so maybe that's just how she does things.

Either way that was a damn exciting fight. And anybody who can have a quarter of their face turn purple and keep fighting to get the win is impressive in my book.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yeah that is one tough woman her face was turning purple seconds after the hit. I think there might be some chips or fracturing under there. Phillips got outmatched by her MT. Took away her bread and butter take downs w/ ground and pound.

• Options
    Phillips also get fucking tired. Great fight, so much heart form both fighters. Latourno kept her wits about her, which is impressive, because their pretty much leaking into her face from her frontal lobe.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Did anyone identify when his right arm got broken?

• Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    i love when goldy says things like "he is unbeaten in 7 of his last 8 fights"

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Wtf happened to shaubs jaw

• Options
    So that was a pretty lackluster PPV after a really good set of prelim fights. The last two fights were solid. Glad Rory started to look like the badass he is in the octagon. I wanted Ali to get the win, but damn, Demetrius is just so much better than everybody else in that division.

• Options
    not usually a rory fan but his was the only interesting performance on that main card

find it impossible to care about mighty mouse

• Options
    finally an mma movie worth watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_xIbBOCuFU

• Options
    815165 wrote: »
    finally an mma movie worth watching
    Are you putting down this movie?

http://filmguide.lafilmfest.com/tixSYS/2014/xslguide/eventnote.php?EventNumber=9105

• Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    i have a very platonic, one-sided internet crush on ronda rousey and it's fucking shameful