As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Trenches! 18.12.2013

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited December 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-r8sWswH.png

Tube on

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    confused, I am

why's Credenza a ghost?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I have to admit, this comic made me laugh.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    why's Credenza a ghost?
    I don't think he's a ghost. He's either astral projecting, or is just a figment of Isaac's imagination.

New Tale:
    It Gets Better
    12/17/2013 - Anonymous

I’ve heard horror stories about game testers throughout my short career. When I started to work at my current company as a game designer, I was surprised to discover that here, at least, they remain stories.

Here, testers are on the same level as everyone else. When a team gets formed to work on a project, it invariably involves one, sometimes two dedicated testers. Since we’re constantly moving from desk to desk so that a project’s team is sitting together, that means the tester on a team is usually within talking distance from programmers and designers.

Our quality assurance guys and gals are a tremendous help in rooting out bugs and they’re usually those who know their way around our bug tracking software the most. When they have comments about the design, we listen. And just like game design, art and programming, QA has its own department head and hierarchy so that testers have superiors they can rely on when they need help.

When it comes to advancement, the sky’s the limit. A number of my QA friends have taken positions as game designers, project managers and even business developers. And for those who want to stay in QA, that’s perfectly alright - it’s as noble a field as any here.

If you’re working at a company where QA gets the short end of the stick, please take heart: it gets better. There are companies out there that will treat you with the respect you deserve.

Technically, I think the tale should be titled "You can do better," since it won't get better if you stay at a shitty QA job. Instead, actively look for a better position.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Fuck you, Isaac. Everyone wants to be Yoda.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Product PlacementProduct Placement Registered User regular
    I admit, I find it kinda funny how QA is now being treated the same way as gays who suffer high school bullying.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I admit, I find it kinda funny how QA is now being treated the same way as gays who suffer high school bullying.

Wow.

• Options
    marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »

Wow.
    I can't really tell by your response, but you may be unaware of the "It Gets Better" campaign for LGBT youth:
    http://www.itgetsbetter.org/

• Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    marsilies wrote: »

Wow.
    I can't really tell by your response, but you may be unaware of the "It Gets Better" campaign for LGBT youth:

Ah. That makes so much more sense. I am actually aware of the "It Gets Better" campaign, but that was absolutely not what I initially got from Product Placement's comment. I suspect (hope?) that's what he intended, though, so I'll figuratively cross him off my list of silly geese.

• Options
    Product PlacementProduct Placement Registered User regular
    marsilies wrote: »
    Wow.
    Ah. That makes so much more sense. I am actually aware of the "It Gets Better" campaign, but that was absolutely not what I initially got from Product Placement's comment.
    Out of curiosity, what did you and Gaslight get from my comment, because I didn't expect this reaction?

Thank you, marsilies, for getting it, btw.