As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] Winter is Here

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    Viking wrote: »
    Because everyone on my friends list has this already

Just Cause 2
    Loading...?

Disagree =(

Oh well, someone already grabbed it. Have fun!

Well, put it on your wishlist! Hint hint.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @TeeMan took offense to my lack of Spelunky and promptly took steps to remedy the situation.

Honestly the only reason I didn't own it, was because I thought I had it in my collection already.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    With perfect timing for me to get off my arse and walk the dog, @Viking agrees

MR6js44.jpg

Thanks mate! :D Look forward to grieving fellow players

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    As part of the Steam Sale Holiday Time,
    I decided to speak only in rhyme.

I will continue to explain the rest of my day,
    As I've taken a week from work this holiday.

--

I awoke and was just ready to play,
    only to find myself led completely astray.

My folks called for help in cleaning the yard.
    To cut down large trees, it'll be hard.

The day grew dark, finally could relax,
    I sit to find a message from @DaxterMax.

A nice gift, I say, until I read what it was,
    Amazed and surprised and a bit preposterous.

You really shouldn't give this much when you guys can,
    What was it? Why it was.....

g23z.JPG

I don't know if I deserve such trust,
    but all I can do is wish you the greatest Merry Christmas.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    variables.jpg

@Variable the best

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Ok, so picture the scene here - I'm just playing some Rust, trying to work out why my snazzy new homemade cannon won't fire, when suddenly, out of nowhere, a popup of classiness shows up.

It turns out that the nefarious @HyphyKezzy doesn't just sell sneakers with his looks, he also nurse grudges, and raided my wishlist when I wasn't looking.

And as a result, I'm going to have to slice up helicopters, people and salami in Metal Gear Rising: Revengance: Colons : Words, for fun, profit and science!. I'm not sure what to do with you people any more, and definitely not sure what to do with this particular example. Something will have to be done, and it may involve spreadsheets, and perhaps a slide rule.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    What is this "Blood of the Werewolf" people speak of?

It's a platformer that you can get for 50 cents over at Groupees. I'm downloading it now and will try to give it a spin tonight.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Contemplating Ass Creed IV. Would love for it to hit a sale.... But I'm in a place where time is shorter than money, and I have time coming up this week.... Oh Newell, your Skinner Box of sales has my lizard brain in a tizzy.

• Options
    Ok, as I download the new Batman and ready to game,
    I found that it's over 16 Gigs, are they insane!?

I wouldn't say the wait makes me a bit sad,
    but how am I to stream an HD marathon of Breaking Bad? :|

steam_sig.png

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    @Massena (who has EXCELLENT taste in football teams, I might add) decided to up and gift me Far Cry 3. Thank you! I was contemplating a sketchy trade for a Russian copy of this earlier in the week, which fell through, probably for the best. But now I have it anyway!

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Ok, so, while I was looking over at someone elses profile, trying to find where the wishlist link was this week, suddenly up pops another window. And it appears that someone else has come in. This someone sent me a game with a lead of... if i'm honest, indeterminate gender, with bright pink / purple hair.

Someone formerly known as @Luchaire, and now, I believe going by the title @Ultrahonky: Lord of the Jive Turkeys. My apologies if your @ doesn't work, I'm really not certain on spaces. So, thank you, Merry Christmas, and because I'm curious, what on earth is a Jive Turkey?

jive-turkey.jpg ? This really doesn't help me

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    So today was crappy, really crappy. I get home to see a message from @TPSou gifting me Tomb Raider and it completely changed my mood for the better. Thanks man!

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Masume wrote: »
    So today was crappy, really crappy. I get home to see a message from @TPSou gifting me Tomb Raider and it completely changed my mood for the better. Thanks man!

That's still one of those games I was surprised I actually liked. But damn, if it isn't a well put together little story. Enjoy!

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    @capitalw just smacked me with eversion which I'm informed I should not look into and just play.

So either this is going to be another I Want To Be The Boshy incident or a Hello Kitty Island Adventure incident.

Either way the challenge has been accepted.

iRevert on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I can't even play Spelunky more than 10 minutes without @Massena dishonoring me with his unruly class.

UAridRE.jpg

I've come down with a sickness of holiday giving.

signature.png

I also have Civilization 5 Expansion Pack: Gods and Kings to give away which for some reason Steamgifts has no entry for so PM me a link to your steam profile if interested and I will have GabeN check if you've been naughty or nice.

JAEF on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Apparently I have hit the limit of what I can sell without giving them Tax info.

If I give them this and keep selling do I have to factor this into my taxes? Because that sounds annoying.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Apparently I have hit the limit of what I can sell without giving them Tax info.

If I give them this and keep selling do I have to factor this into my taxes? Because that sounds annoying.

only if you make over 20,000 (on the market) I believe;)

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Wow, my first snow globe card is also my first ever foil.

Then I look at the marketplace and people are buying these for how much? Steam sales are serious business.

In every sense of the phrase.

Yeah, I LOVE getting a foil. As long as you get it early enough in a sale, it's worth at least one free game.

I could care less about my Steam Level after hitting level 10.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I look away from the screen and back, what do I see!?
    A gift from our former lovely @Luchaire, I was pleased....

Though, trying to steal my shtick, and earn my fury?
    What? Look you guys! What and she wrote and gave me...

gwo0.jpg

Think you can get away this, my pink pretty?
    Prepare for retaliation... by yours truly!!!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @Berylline moseyed on up and with a steely glint in her eye challenged me to draw, when the smoke settled I was left with Desperados 2

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    Furiously mining steam cards to sell on the market for Risk of Rain's eventual discount. Almost at my steam wallet mark ^_^

I remember reading posts from such types of miners who figured that Steam could detect when one is running games concurrently, and scales back the card drops accordingly. But cards are limited drops anyways, so I don't see why that would be necessary. And it was on the steam user forums, if that says anything about likelihood of bullshit.

But be careful, don't get trapped in that mine. You could get stuck inside of a game you don't even like for months, never seeing daylight until the rescue teams punch through and ask "Why do you have so much playtime on Superfrog HD?!"

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    @Antoshka must have mad slide rule skills because this was fired back almost immediately. Just taking me a bit to respond because my dad stopped by right then.

antoshkatriplestack1_zps9771d910.jpg
    antoshkatripleshot2_zps226e8bf8.jpg
    antoshkatripleshot3_zps2ebe0e11.jpg

Ridiculous, but thank you! Also, it didn't all fit on my screen so I had to split up my images but I'm very curious how you dropped them all at once. I've never noticed an option to bundle up the class like that.

HyphyKezzy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    JAEF wrote: »
    Furiously mining steam cards to sell on the market for Risk of Rain's eventual discount. Almost at my steam wallet mark ^_^

I remember reading posts from such types of miners who figured that Steam could detect when one is running games concurrently, and scales back the card drops accordingly. But cards are limited drops anyways, so I don't see why that would be necessary. And it was on the steam user forums, if that says anything about likelihood of bullshit.

But be careful, don't get trapped in that mine. You could get stuck inside of a game you don't even like for months, never seeing daylight until the rescue teams punch through and ask "Why do you have so much playtime on Superfrog HD?!"

Has bad rats gotten cards yet?

Not that I'm looking for a reason to start sending out more copies of it or anything....

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I know you don't need Far Cry 3 to play Blood Dragon, but do you get any bonuses in BD if you do?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    Anyone else here try Assetta Corsa yet? I grabbed it on yesterday's daily deal, and while is indeed unfinished, it does seem to have a lot of promise. Hopefully this game will be the PC's answer to the Forza and Gran Turismo series.

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Some people must enjoy being on the list, because @Viking just sent some dinosaurs to my home.
    FoPx9xT.jpg

Thank you very much! This does look adorable. I have to say though, the dinosaurs are totally welcome to any steaks they may find around here.

• Options
    @HyphyKezzy - just add the items to cart, and then purchase as gift with a single recipient.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Yay, Risk of Rain won! I'll be picking that one up in about 20 minutes.
    I know you don't need Far Cry 3 to play Blood Dragon, but do you get any bonuses in BD if you do?

Pretty sure you get nothing. Regardless, I played through Blood Dragon first and thought it served me well for getting into Far Cry 3's mechanics later.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Hmm. Now the bunny is getting in on the action, with @Berylline sending me a mysterious code. Classy? or Ratsy?

We'll find out!

Edit: Nope. Classy - the bunnys have raided my wishlist, and sent me Spec Ops: The Line.

Awesome! I've heard that I should play it, but not when depressed.

So, I can only believe that the bunnies are in some way related to CS1.

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    @ataxrxes decided I needed to go to the moon this sale, despite having a user name that made me quadruple check the spelling

Thanks man.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Well I got hit again. I'm hardly even posting on this thread, but @Antoshka has it out for me. Don't worry, my classasins might not be very good right now, but once they breed their gold chocobo, you will be able to catch you.
    Antoshka%20-%2012%2020%202013.jpg?psid=1
    Antoshka%20-%20To%20Be.jpg?psid=1

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Reminder!
    A bit too lazy to run a contest right now, but I've got a lot of oldies to celebrate the start of the sale with:
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Open to everybody in the general Penny Arcade group until Saturday afternoon. Happy Salesmastasavis!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    @Heenato is classin the place up like crazy. Just surprised me with Noitu Love 2 Devolution! Thanks so much!

Steam: offday
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    ]
    Aistan wrote: »
    Wow, my first snow globe card is also my first ever foil.

Then I look at the marketplace and people are buying these for how much? Steam sales are serious business.

In every sense of the phrase.

Do foil badges get the better F2P game rewards?

And I really wish someone would craft one of the unparalleled rewards, the suspense is killing me.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    So I gifted @Karoz a copy of Dishonored during the Summer Sale, and now he has gifted me the GOTY version during this winter sale. This has become a tale of ice and fire. Thank yo so much, classy man! :)

signature.png

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    Blade Symphony? What is this...? A spiritual successor to Jedi Knight II? Okay, you have my interest but it's early access.

Has anyone played this extensively enough to know if it'll live up to it's goal with further polishing? It's super cheap but I'm trying not to nickle and dime my Steam wallet down to nothing super early in the sale for games I didn't know I wanted :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    No sooner had I friended @Berylline before she hit me hard with the Typing of the Dead Overkill Filth DLC. This is going to be the best festivus ever! Thanks Berylline!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    God damnit.

I got so wrapped up with DayZ stand alone that I missed project zomboid sale by 10 minutes :s

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    @Berylline had her lepus henches distract me as I dealt out death in Shadow Warrior only to find that she'd showed a special kind of class: Shakespeare dictionary DLC for Typing of the Dead: Overkill!

...shall I compare thee to a Summer's Dale?

Nothing might outlast the Berylizer, but my giveaway is still going:

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/LSX2t/bionic-commando-rearmed

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Payday is up for sale.....and I want it.....but that $10 deal on Amazon I missed last month tells me I should wait to save 3 bucks......

camo_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.