Options

Front/Rear microphone problems

either,oreither,or Registered User regular
It's the time of year again where I receive some new computer stuff and put it all together just fine except for one problem I just can't solve. This year I got an SSD and a new case, so I have a fresh windows install on the SSD and have spent a few hours updating drivers etc, flashing the BIOS to the most recent update. After setting the connector to AC97 rather than HD audio I get sound through the headset, but the microphone part of it isn't being picked up by the front or rear panel. I have the Realtek drivers from the ASUS site and I'm at a bit of a loss as to what might be causing this. Have any of you experienced this before?

steam_sig.png
3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
either,or on

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Just checking: Sure it's not just muted in the mixer?

• Options
    either,oreither,or Registered User regular
    Definitely not muted or disabled. :) I should also add that when plugged in the device displays as 'ready' though is otherwise unresponsive. I've also tested the headset on a laptop and it works.

steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Disable front jack input detection. Make sure the mic is muted on the playback side, on recording side unmuted, and with the appropriate settings. Sometimes you have to hit the ... on the playback side to enable the 10db boost.