Options

War Thunder: Playstation 4 version has launched! Crossplay confirmed!

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Holy fucking shiiiittt.

I thought we had time.

Like, 1.39 took literally infinity months to get here, and they bang out 1.41 in days. Holy crap.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Woo, just bought the first Mustang at tier 4. Now to start saving up for when I unlock the second Bearcat.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    HAHA, games are turned off, and squads are turned off.

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Really starting to think a squad is needed to avoid a corncobbing doing objectives in T2. How do people find others to squad with? I rarely catch anyone in that vent channel.

Did anyone else have engines die a lot last night? I kept having engines cut out with little to no damage and limited AB usage. Spending a couple minutes climbing for bomber to just have engine die gets old kinda quick. Had maybe a half dozen dogfights ended when a golden BB killed engine as well.

DreadBert on
  • Options
    JohanFlickJohanFlick Registered User regular
    Guys, do the tank tutorial. Very easy, can be finished in under 5 minutes, and you get 100 golden eagles. Worth it.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @DreadBert it's important to set in the vent channel if you're looking for squadmates. Sometimes people will just glance to see if the channel is busy, and if not, they won't get on

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8NS1iVmwY0

The download's at least a gig and a half, so get that download started early, folks!

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    So while queuing for tank battles I saw that somebody bought there way up to tier 5 already. Just, why? There is a limit to how far it will down-tier you right? Its going to be at least a few days before enough people get up there for a match to fire.

• Options
    Is there a Carylus48534 in the house?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Reminder: For those who bought tank packs, those tanks are now playable

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TheflyingassTheflyingass Registered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »
    Really starting to think a squad is needed to avoid a corncobbing doing objectives in T2. How do people find others to squad with? I rarely catch anyone in that vent channel.

Did anyone else have engines die a lot last night? I kept having engines cut out with little to no damage and limited AB usage. Spending a couple minutes climbing for bomber to just have engine die gets old kinda quick. Had maybe a half dozen dogfights ended when a golden BB killed engine as well.

I was under the impression that squads weren't working. If that's not the case, then I'm definitely up for tier 2 shenanigans. Maybe we can grab vorpal and help ease his pain of tier 2 BS.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    So presumably, from now on all progress made on tank tech trees is permanent?

• Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    I finally downloaded 4gb of patches last night. When I logged in, i wasn't able to play with tanks. :(

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    Did you download a 2 gig patch today? I'm not sure it was live last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SGyobNdlXg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

It was 4+ gigs, but I hadn't played in months. I'll try again when I get home.

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »

I was under the impression that squads weren't working. If that's not the case, then I'm definitely up for tier 2 shenanigans. Maybe we can grab vorpal and help ease his pain of tier 2 BS.

I assume they are working, I've seen the squad symbols the last couple nights. Be nice for some company to share the pain with. I would be shocked if my K/D is over .2 so I feel his pain.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Capsaicin wrote: »

It was 4+ gigs, but I hadn't played in months. I'll try again when I get home.

That was 1.39 you downloaded. You still need 1.41.

RE: Squads
    Damoon, Evma, Konphujun, and myself are in one right now having a ball in Realistic Tank Battles so they're definitely working.

EDIT: There are 65,000 people online right now. Holy fuck.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    Every country gets some new planes, except the Japanese tree. I know I should be used to it by now, but sigh.

At least there's tonks.

I would be amazed if there were japanese tanks, and even more amazed if they were any good.

And I think I figured out arcade battles! They abstracted out a lot of the physics, equalizing most planes performance to a great degree. However all planes keep their historical armament/armor, so slow heavily armed planes are quite a bit better than they were (F2A-3) and fast agile planes with sub par armament are quite a bit worse than they were (british, japanese) because their agility advantage is gun but their armament disadvantage is still present.

Now it all makes sense and I feel better. I should have figured that out sooner.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    T60 = Beast Mode

Beast = Chihuahua

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Good times this morning with @TOGSolid @Damoonrulz and one other who's name escapes me. Aside from being an absolutely terrible tank commander, I discovered that simulator battles are da truf.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    It looks like your crew slots can be used for either tanks or aircraft. Are there separate exp/progression tracks for both?

There is no scheduled wipe for tanks after this, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Vorpal wrote: »
    It looks like your crew slots can be used for either tanks or aircraft. Are there separate exp/progression tracks for both?

Yes, though it appears earned crew points go into a pool useable for tanks and aircraft which is nice and afaik there are no more wipes.

Tank battles are fucking glorious and sim battles are a ton of fun.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wait, tanks are live now? Whoa.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Vorpal wrote: »

You have separate stats to level for Aircraft and Tanks, but both will increase your overall Crew level. So adding 1 xp to an aircraft skill and 1 xp to a tank skill gets your crew 2 levels

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Shall be linking a video once I'm done uploading it to YouTube of @Damoonrulz @TOGSolid @konphujun and myself rolling around as T-60 bros. Unfortunately the map was very counterintuitive for our planned shenanigans. And as Damoon mentioned, the T-60 is a little Russian Chihuahua.

Edit: upload complete!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIM4Z2aSCcY&feature=youtu.be

EvmaAlsar on
    6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    Also, the German 400 golden eagle tank

bild57.jpg

Is a beastly little fellow

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2014

bild57.jpg

Which is basically a Pz38(t) with a Sdkfz 222 (armored car) turret... so I'm unsure how it's better than the Pz2.

EDIT - More armor and better speed and off road performance.

Capsaicin on
  • Options
    I'm not sure what a Pz2 is, but chances are the answer is more Dakka

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular

Panzer II.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Gaslight wrote: »

Panzer II.

Comparing the two, the Sd.Kfz has thicker hull armor a KwK38 gun as opposed to a KwK30 for the Pz2, 1 degree per second faster turret time, and identical penetration values. And the Pz2 is 2km/h faster

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Also worth noting, I don't have any of the mods unlocked for the Panzer 2 so that comparison may change with mods. As always, the biggest benefit of a premium vehicle will always be the reward and research bonuses you receive

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    We've got a group going, jump in vent!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    That's about it for me tonight, with it being midnight.

@timspork's ghost and myself just finished a simulation match where we very nearly held the line on a capture point against the entire enemy team by ourselves. 3 kills each before they wasted us.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    That's about it for me tonight, with it being midnight.

@timspork's ghost and myself just finished a simulation match where we very nearly held the line on a capture point against the entire enemy team by ourselves. 3 kills each before they wasted us.

I seriously do not know where I got that third kill. I was firing at so many tanks!

I'm having a ton of fun with these tanks. Simulator mode is really fun as well.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    Every country gets some new planes, except the Japanese tree. I know I should be used to it by now, but sigh.

At least there's tonks.

Though that means Japan still has the A6M[whichever number is appropriate to your current tier]; at least when I'm playing Japan nearly everything else is just seasoning.

Well, except for the Ki-102, because turning heavy bombers into confetti with single hits ain't never getting old.

• Options
    Just finished tank battle.

Am confronted with screen asking me to allocate research to airplanes.

WTF?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @Vorpal If it was the first game of the day, then it was probably from a battle you left early the last time you logged on. It happens all the time.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Oh phew.

Also unlocked the A20. It seems to not have a bomb sight? I guess it's a low altitude attck craft.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    How fast do you have to be going to really make use of energy fighting? I routinely approach people at 400-500km, fire a burst at them, and then spin around like a top and are on my tail and I died.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Capsaicin wrote: »

bild57.jpg

Which is basically a Pz38(t) with a Sdkfz 222 (armored car) turret... so I'm unsure how it's better than the Pz2.

EDIT - More armor and better speed and off road performance.

As someone who has this thing (for $20, hyuk hyuk), it's pretty strictly "okay" in game. Its height makes it rock very badly at speed, and the high turret combined with very poor gun depression mean positioning can be quite tricky. To its credit, it's quite hardy from the front and has a good variety of shell types for T1, but it's not worth buying when T2 is so easy to advance to.

This discussion has been closed.