As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread Tags: Classy, Game-Gluttonous, Less Monstrous Than Steam Community At Large

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    My scale is simple:
    < 4 hours = "I might actually finish this"
    4-10 hours = "It's possible I might finish this unless - oh look shiny!"
    10-40 hours = "Not looking good at all"
    40-100 hours = "The odds of completion are not at all in my favor"
    100+ hours = "Oh who am I kidding. I'm just playing this for the dress-up."

I'm starting to think like this. I think I'm getting too old for videogames.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Humble Temptation. Must stay vigilant.

Which ones do you want? I have dust up for grabs. I am sure someone else has the others

I bought 2 bundles last week so I'm trying to hold back. Only thing of interest in there for me is the swapper. But TIME MAN TIME, I NEED MOAR OF IT!!1

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Was anyone not able to get the free Valentine's Day DLC for Borderlands 2?
    Arrrroooo?

They sent me two on accident, so I PM'd you the other one.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy XIV for $15? Includes a month of sub?

Tempting just so I can see what all the fuss is about...

The healing class buries every bit of wildlife it sees in mountains of rocks while being lectured on the importance of the balance between man and nature.

It's pretty much worth it just for the sheer amusement of that point alone. If it didn't have a sub I'd probably still be playing it.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    My scale is simple:
    < 4 hours = "I might actually finish this"
    4-10 hours = "It's possible I might finish this unless - oh look shiny!"
    10-40 hours = "Not looking good at all"
    40-100 hours = "The odds of completion are not at all in my favor"
    100+ hours = "Oh who am I kidding. I'm just playing this for the dress-up."

I'm starting to think like this. I think I'm getting too old for videogames.

Nonsense! If nothing else, you can play those hundred hour epics in 30 years when you're retired. :'(

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    What did you guys do to Steam? I read up on Drax Operative and go to buy it and Steam crashes

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Steam just exploded... and I was starting to lean heavily towards grabbing FF14 finally. Maybe it's a sign.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Is there a Project Zomboid thread that I'm missing? Or should I just state again that it is good fun and more people should play it.

I have a server running with a couple friends.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It's a sign of Tuesday maintenance!

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Yeah, Steam just exploded... and I was starting to lean heavily towards grabbing FF14 finally. Maybe it's a sign.

Hah. I was in the middle of downloading FF14 when it kicked the bucket. Damnit.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Eh: Games are my primary form of entertainment too but that doesn't mean that I can call the new X-Com a long game just because I've put 150 hours into it. Its not a 150 hour game, its like a 20 hour game, its decently lengthy

I think this form of gorging myself on games comes from my lack of funds to consistently buy games ever since . . . well, forever. $40, 50, 60 bucks for a new game is totally untenable, and has been for me even when I had a full time job. So I had to learn to wait for games, buy them on the really cheap, and then play the fuck out of them. So like, if Oblivion took me 8 months (it did) and 400 hours to explore every dungeon, finish every quest, find every area on the map, etc. then that was a good 30 bucks spent. This stretches back to when 50 hours on FFVI was a short playthrough.

I kinda figured I deviated from the norm. I just wasn't so fully aware as to how far I was off. ;)

Maybe you're confusing things. Oblivion isn't a 400 hour game even if you put 400 hours into it. I've put at least 900 hours into League of Legends, but its not a "900 hour game"

How do you determine what a "X hour game" is? Because for me, it means I have gotten everything, beaten every level, leveled up as high as I can, with however many characters I have, learned all the magic, opened every chest, etc . . . and that means my definition and yours, I am pretty sure, are never going to overlap. Oblivion is a 350-400 hour game because without me exploring every dungeon and getting all the things, leveling all my skills as far as they can go, my mind still nags that it's not complete, and it takes me that long to do all that. Let me put it this way: I still have ingredients I haven't discovered all four uses for in Skyrim, from Solstheim. And I am trying so damn hard even now not to load up that game and run through them, completing that bit of information. It's been nagging at me for days. So have the empty weapon and shield racks in my houses. This is also why, for example, the moment I get a new power in Castlevania:LoS, I run back to previous stages and get the power-ups for my secondary weapons. About the only thing that can defeat my obsessively completionist mindset is extreme frustration, such as trial or hard modes.

I'm not "confusing" anything. There's what the publisher says the length of a game is, and what the media says, but what I asked wasn't what "X hour game" was; I asked what the personal benchmarks were for individuals, and stated my own.

I know that there is what a game is claimed to be in terms of length, but that's not what I was asking at all because it holds no bearing to the way I play games. Sorry if I was unclear.

(For things like MMOs and LoL, I consider them basically infinity hour games, unless or until they get shut down.) ;)

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Just got uh 6? Broken Age coupons. 25 percent off. Let me know if you want one.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

It has some very good pretty princess dressup.

I mean, Not like I think that is something that can sway you into spending money, @Pixelated Pixie I mean, we all know you're a rock hard bastion of not caving when dressup is involved.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    In terms of RPGs it's about the average completion time for the main quest chain.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    It is pretty princess dressup without the vanity slots being put in yet :) That comes out in a month or so.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I got a 75% off Rise of the Triad coupon if anyone wants that.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »

It has some very good pretty princess dressup.

I mean, Not like I think that is something that can sway you into spending money, @Pixelated Pixie I mean, we all know you're a rock hard bastion of not caving when dressup is involved.

Sadly, it's not as good at hotbar dressup - by which I mean variety between player skill choices.

A summoner is a summoner is a summoner. They are going to have the exact same bar, there are no talent trees or anything, so... it's basically class and gear. And that's it. Which has its upsides and downsides, but since playing around with builds is a thing I like...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I just got 2 Broken Age Coupons. Let me know if y'all want one. ;)

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    It was incredibly liberating when I finally let go of the idea that I needed to see and do everything in a game to stop playing it.

Just, you know, throwing that out there...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I have 7 25% Broken Age coupons! I think you get one for each Double Fine game you own. (For me I guess Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, Stacking, Costume Quest, Iron Brigade, Broken Age and The Cave)

If anyone wants one, or one of the Humble Bundle 11 games (minus Guacamelee) let me know!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    I have 7 25% Broken Age coupons! I think you get one for each Double Fine game you own. (For me I guess Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, Stacking, Costume Quest, Iron Brigade, Broken Age and The Cave)

If anyone wants one, or one of the Humble Bundle 11 games (minus Guacamelee) let me know!

Oh damn. I uh... wait. One per? Then I should have two, not one (Psychonauts, Bruetal Legend)

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I got five of those dang Broken Age coupons

Tairu on
  • Options
    LOL yeah I got 4 25% broken age cooopons as well.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I was about to post that I've got 2 Broken Age coupons for Doublefine Loyalty, I assumed it was because I'm currently playing Brutal Legend.

Well if anybody wants one they can PM me, but it looks like there's an abundance of them anyway :)

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Where did all of the coupons come from? o_0

I have one for 30% off Aqua Kitty - which looks pretty rad but my backlog doubled today, so....
    - coupon up for grabs!

• Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    Oh god steam. A 75%off shadow warrior coupon? I GUESS I'LL BUY IT

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Was anyone not able to get the free Valentine's Day DLC for Borderlands 2?
    Arrrroooo?

They sent me two on accident, so I PM'd you the other one.

I'm the shittiest shit that was ever shat out of a butt, and I was sent a PM with the key. I hadn't read his response here yet, so I activated it blindly think I'd won a Steamgifts giveaway, only to find out it was a copy of the Valentines DLC. Unfortunately a single copy is useless to me as I am playing the game with my boyfriend and I can't/won't play any DLC that we can't play together, and he doesn't want to buy any more DLC outside of the core Season Pass stuff. So now I feel bad that the key was wasted on me, so in my guilt I'm going to clear out these coupons that Steam just dumped on me.

Who wants a coupon for;
    Shadow Warrior 75% off
    Rise of the Triad 75% off
    Broken Age 25% off x4

First come first serve, just send me a message on Steam.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Everyone who hasn't got Rise of the Triad should start shaking down their friends list for a sweet-sweet 75% off coupon. That game is fun as balls at the US$15 price-point let alone $3.75. Maybe not "CoJ Gunslinger" good, but pretty good.

edit: Banished is only a 89mb download! Strange!

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Everyone who hasn't got Rise of the Triad should start shaking down their friends list for a sweet-sweet 75% off coupon. That game is fun as balls at the US$15 price-point let alone $3.75. Maybe not "CoJ Gunslinger" good, but pretty good.

edit: Banished is only a 89mb download! Strange!

You bought Banished? Let me know how it is @TeeMan!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I don't suppose anyone here had a Hawken account when they sent out early access codes they dont feel like using?

I have some buds that didnt play when it was separate who dont feel like paying the current 30 dollar entrance fee

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Oh god steam. A 75%off shadow warrior coupon? I GUESS I'LL BUY IT

I've got one of these too (along with 4x Broken Age coupons) if anyone wants it. $10 Shadow Warrior actually seems like a solid pickup. Just PM me if interested.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I just got 2 Broken Age Coupons. Let me know if y'all want one. ;)

Me too, I got 6 25% broken age coupon.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I get people wanting to be responsible but this bundle... Damn. I just happen to already have all the games.

But now that I think about it there's at least one a week that's sincerely worth it but you gotta draw lines somewhere.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    It was incredibly liberating when I finally let go of the idea that I needed to see and do everything in a game to stop playing it.

Just, you know, throwing that out there...

wait...what?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh man, Banished is out! I completely forgot about it. @Entriech is the only one of my friends list that has it (and is currently playing it). What's the verdict?

• Options
    So, those Broken Age coupons don't stack, right?

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    So tomorrow's match will either be usual time or will have to wait until late night. Not sure what my internet access will be like for the day. But I'll keep my notes handy just in case.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks to @The_Spaniard for the Shadow Warrior coupon.

Incidentally I got the Triad coupon when I bought it. And when I bought Triad I got Shadow Warrior Coupon :)

If anyone wants it just let me know.

Edit: Also it looks like picking the winners on steamgifts is broken. The Metal Slug 3 giveaway is not picking a winner.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    EmberquickEmberquick Master of Dungeons Deep UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Samurai Jack is the Rifts campaign I always wanted to play.

Samurai Jack is the Numenera campaign that I'm GOING to play. It's as if that game was made for it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Well, sounds like the thread is flooded with them already, but please message me if you want:

-25% on Broken Age (have 2)
    -75% on Shadow Warrior (have 1)
    -75% on Rise of the Triad (have 1)

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.