As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tales of] Your Mom - Best Dog Is Back

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    Lloyd Irving is such a more intimidating name than Sephiroth I can't even
    It's so ordinary that his power can't be gauged by his name. How strong is he? We can't know.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    It's so ordinary that his power can't be gauged by his name. How strong is he? We can't know.

Lloyd fears Raine. How strong does that make her?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

Lloyd fears Raine. How strong does that make her?

Well, she did drop kick him into a wall.

PrjctD_Captain on
    Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    It looks like they're doing that Graces-style moving camera again. UGH. I still can't even play that game.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    I don't know why, but those feather ornaments/earings or whatever the main character has just seem out of place.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Tales of Tactics?

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I just have zero interest in crossover stories.

Which is good because we're never going to get any of those games anyway.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

The words of a man who has not read "Archie Meets the Punisher".

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Fusion? As a combat ability.

That's it people, we've gone full anime.

• Options
    It was only a matter of time, really.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Those fusion legs though.

How pervasive is this system? Are we going to have grown women turning into lolis and vica versa? Because they're scraping the bottom now.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    hoi hoi!

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »

On the one hand you're right. On the other I would love to see Rita chew out Asbel.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    I'd kind of want to see Sheena run into Milla.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Having stalled against the major twist battle in Symphonia, I've gone on to start Radiant Mythology.

It feels kinda like Dragon Quest IX... which isn't entirely a bad thing.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Elle's voice acting makes me so very, very sad. It's so very "adult trying to sound like a totally cute little girl and failing miserably."

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    where's my Alvin at?

stream
  • Options
    Page- wrote: »
    where's my Alvin at?

He's chillin', waiting for his intro video.

98381420120704_173934_3_big.jpg

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Knowing what I do now, I'm kinda surprised Alvin took his scarf off.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    The fluidity of the fusion thing looks really nifty. I like how its not some silly cutscene thing or whatever that'd interrupt the actual fights. So whatever, looks good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

A lot of Xillia's character development is the theme of "letting go". Whether of one's past or one's weakness... or both.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options

A lot of Xillia's character development is the theme of "letting go". Whether of one's past or one's weakness... or both.

The cold never bothered him anyway.

• Options
    Bandai Namco Pulling 'Tales of Phantasia' on iOS, Will Become "Unusable" on August 28th
    Back in January of this year, Bandai Namco released an iOS version of their 16-bit era RPG Tales of Phantasia [Free]. Well, apparently this mobile version of the game is going bye bye. An update to the game's description in the App Store that was noticed by a member of our forums states that Bandai Namco is terminating the distribution of Tales of Phantasia and that as of August 28th, the app and all in-app purchase content will become unusable. Here's the full notice from the App Store:
    ◆Notice of Termination of Distribution◆
    We regret to inform you that we will cease distribution of this app on 08/28/2014 (Thursday).
    On this date, the app and all associated services will become unusable. This includes In-App Purchase items already purchased and save data.
    Furthermore, sale of In-App Purchase items will conclude on 07/29/2014 (Tuesday).
    We apologize sincerely to all of our customers for this inconvenience, and hope you continue to enjoy our products and services in the future.

Here's the thing: Tales of Phantasia on iOS is pretty terrible. They shoehorned the original game into a free to play model that basically ruined it, so giving it the Old Yeller treatment isn't exactly a big loss. But for the people who did enjoy it and even spent some money on the IAP, this really sucks. The game's online requirement for saving means that existing players will be stuck with an unusable game, and one that only released six months ago. That is a lot different than say shutting down the servers for a years-old online multiplayer game whose popularity has tailed off or something. Tales of Phantasia for iOS came out this year.

There's an ever-growing contingent of people who are vocally against always-online requirements in games, enough so that Gameloft actually reversed course on the online requirement for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (though they're sticking with it for Modern Combat 5). Those peoples' concerns mostly revolve around not being able to play a game if they don't have service or wi-fi, or eating up precious bandwidth of a limited data plan. But there's also concerns just like what's happening with Tales of Phantasia, where an app can literally become unusable at some point down the line. They're all valid concerns.

So, uh, I guess if you're into collecting apps that get removed from the App Store, you better download Tales of Phantasia before August 28th. You also have until the end of this month to buy IAP in the game, but I can't imagine why you'd want to do that. Perhaps Apple will honor refunds for those who have spent money on the game, or Bandai Namco will find a way to make good to its customers, but right now this just plain looks like a crappy situation for Tales of Phantasia players on iOS.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    *hugs GBA Phantasia cart*

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    *hugs GBA Phantasia cart*

Enjoy your Kangaroo.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    It's a shame that they didn't just release a proper version of the game for a few dollars instead of that free-to-play mess. Good riddance.

• Options
    Didn't the GBA version kind of suck and look ugly as hell?

stream
  • Options
    I wouldn't call it ugly, not even close. There may be a better-looking version, but...

• Options
    It's might not be the best version, but it's all we've really got outside Japan.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm given to understand that Suzu wasn't playable in the original, either.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    InstantPigInstantPig Damn Registered User regular
    Started a Milla playthrough in anticipation of Xillia 2 and I think I'm actually enjoying it more the second time around. I haven't gotten all of her abilities yet but she is already more fun to play as than Jude, and he wasn't bad at all. Her artes are kind of confusing though. Wind Blade has a link attack with Jude, but the Wind Blade before spirit shifting into Arrivederci doesn't but seems better as it combos and juggles while the vanilla one just has the single attack. I wonder what other moves are like that.

PSN: Fading_Vision

• Options
    InstantPig wrote: »
    Started a Milla playthrough in anticipation of Xillia 2 and I think I'm actually enjoying it more the second time around. I haven't gotten all of her abilities yet but she is already more fun to play as than Jude, and he wasn't bad at all. Her artes are kind of confusing though. Wind Blade has a link attack with Jude, but the Wind Blade before spirit shifting into Arrivederci doesn't but seems better as it combos and juggles while the vanilla one just has the single attack. I wonder what other moves are like that.

I'm given to understand that her higher level spells are all stronger than lower ones, even as melee attacks. But linked artes only work with the one move listed, even if you spirit shift it into a melee attack.

• Options
    Alvin and Elize features for ToX 2:

http://youtu.be/_0CNJmClBNo

http://youtu.be/UNFWab-Js3g

Aww, little Elize is all growded up.

• Options
    Teepo is the best. Like Repede, and Pascal.

• Options
    I have heard Elize has a passive skill this time that just automatically sets Teepo on or off depending on what Arte she is using. Which makes her even more broken than she was in the first game.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just bad at Xillia. I think I've managed to actually use Alvin's charging stuff maybe once without just getting hit while trying to charge, and Elize doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

As such, I basically just use Jude and Milla.

Also, does this game ever fucking end? I swear I feel like I've been playing forever, and it just. won't. end.

• Options
    Blackjack wrote: »
    I have heard Elize has a passive skill this time that just automatically sets Teepo on or off depending on what Arte she is using. Which makes her even more broken than she was in the first game.

*NURSENURSENURSENURSENURSENURSENURSENURSENURSENURSENURSENURSENURSE*

"Okay thank god we won that! Good work Elize Team!"

jagobannerpic.jpg