As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gamefly...

BladeofTheImmortalBladeofTheImmortal __BANNED USERS regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
Is it worth it? I'm a t a College, I'm wondering if I should register or not. Also, if you think I should register and have not registered yet, would you mind me e-mailing you for a reference? because If(right now) I can get 5 people to join because of me, I can get a free Wii. And I would take a free Wii.

BladeofTheImmortal on

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Nice deal for referencing people to be sure. I think that if you happen to rent games a lot something like Gamefly would be a good thing to have.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I thought it was mediocre when I used it. Maybe I'm just in a bad area, but the return time was like 7 days. So you would get a game, play it, if you thought it was crap you had to wait anohter week before getting another one. I've heard it's great when you've got a center in your area.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ok, Well I'm moving to a very big college next year(city has like 3 million people) so it should be pretty good there. I'll just wait.

BladeofTheImmortal on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My roomate has it and he loves it. He doesn't have to go out and rent stuff, and the fact that you can keep the games as long as you want is nice. They also have some really good deals once in awhile for used games. Generally I don't buy used games, but when they are 20 bucks with a 10 and 5 dollar coupon and like 10% off that you can't really pass up getting an old game you always wanted to try.

He bought Killer7 for the PS2 for like $3 the other day. I was pissed he didn't get the GC version, but I own the GC and he owns the PS2.

Mostly you just have to ask yourself. Would I rent 2 or more games a month? If so then yeah its worth it.

edit: He has noticed a longer turn around since he moved back to KC from California. They have distribution centers out there so it would take him like 2 days to get a new game. Takes closer to a week in the midwest.

Drool on
  • Options
    SpindriftSpindrift Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've been a subscriber twice. It's not worth it. The turnover time is terrible.

Spindrift on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh, but if I can get 5 people in a month and get a free Wii for 10 bucks, that'd be worth it right?

BladeofTheImmortal on
  • Options
    GimpyBoyGimpyBoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I love it. My return time is about 2 days. And I was the kind of guy who bought 1-2 games a week. (Yay disposable income.) So gamefly has saved me a crap ton of money that I can now use on other equally as worthless pursuits.

Score.

GimpyBoy on
    GimpyBoy.gif
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    Referral threads (Free Whateverthefuck for signing up X people) are against the rules.

If you want to re-make this thread as a Gamefly discussion thread (not mentioning the referral deal), go ahead.

Monoxide on
This discussion has been closed.