As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Spelunky] is the sound novices make when they hit the bottom.

1181920212224»

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Bomb everything.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Seriously, you got 85 bombs. There are no obstacles.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I didn't even know Anubis could trigger the Thwomps. The shopkeepers don't.

I did manage to get the sceptre, but man, spawning Anubis in a tiny sealed area with 3 Thwomps that could crush an essential item is such a dick move. Like, if I have moved left out of the entrance, it would have been crush immediately.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Just got the game yesterday. Add me bitches! http://steamcommunity.com/id/bedlamboogieman

I am the worst at dailies. Today I bought a freeze ray and shot the shopkeeper with it and he dropped his gun. I picked up the gun and he unfroze and picked up the freeze ray and proceded to hand my ass to me. Laughing so hard I couldn't even be mad about it.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    They added dark Ice Caves to Frozlunky. I'm watching Brex stream it right now and it's crazy.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I hadn't checked my email so I didn't know Brex was streaming and seeing your post got me to tune in just in time to see the single most incredible throw he's ever made.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Finally beat Yama.

Fuck yes.

• Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Just got the game yesterday. Add me bitches! http://steamcommunity.com/id/bedlamboogieman

I am the worst at dailies. Today I bought a freeze ray and shot the shopkeeper with it and he dropped his gun. I picked up the gun and he unfroze and picked up the freeze ray and proceded to hand my ass to me. Laughing so hard I couldn't even be mad about it.

Added. Others add me too so dailies aren't so lonely and you can giggle at my terrible scores: http://steamcommunity.com/id/xiears

Edit: Of course, just after posting this I manage to have what is probably the worst daily yet, dying on 1-2 to a stay rock thrown at a shopkeeper. Now I look a fool, a damn fool!

xiears on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bleugh such stupid deaths today. I died in the City of Gold looking for the dead shopkeeper's shotgun when a Mummy hit me, and then I died in 4 - 1 when the ghost showed up while I was trying to get past the shopkeeper to grab the sceptre from by the door. I finally bombed him and grabbed it, then instead of just luring the ghost away, I tried to rush past her and she got me.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Finally managed to get to Olmec from the start sans shortcuts. Now just gotta beat him.

Also managed to open the shortcut to the temple, but fuck trying to get through that without some items in the bag beforehand.

xiears on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So, remember how Brex got that plasma cannon in a crate on 1 - 1, blew up every level, got everything, and got a world record score of just over $3.1 million?

Another streamer beat his score. By $4000.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Nothing like getting all the way to olmec and having no cape/jetpack/weapon of any kind, and only a handful of bombs.

May as well have taken the shortcut. :P

I think that's 900 deaths now, one victory. Kinda getting burnt out on this game.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Pretty decent daily today, though there was a couple of nasty moments in the mines. I made the mistake of heading into the mothership for the first time during it though, I died from some alien bullshit, not even sure what happened

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Just had my best Speedlunky attempt to date (despite having NO items other than picking up spike shoes late in the ice caves) fail when I completed 4-2 in 22 seconds, just outside the window to guarantee no dark level.. and got a dark level.

I was at about 4 minutes so time wasn't really an issue anymore, but I died.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    I think when I try again for Speedlunky, I'm just going to rush to the shop on 1-2 over and over until I get a jet pack, and then go for it.

For now though, I'm after Yama.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    I just finished getting all of the achievements, I'm finally free!

Well... free to only do the daily I guess.

• Options
    Spelunky has been total scum to me today. Not a single jetpack in a dozen games.

But you know what?

2014-05-01-190705.jpg

I don't need no stinking jetpack.

First time getting to Yama, first time killing Yama. Not so fucking tough now are you, Spelunky?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    The two times I beat Yama was with no jetpack. That thing is more trouble than it's worth some times.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah I killed yama one time with the wings and it felt really good.

• Options
    I had never used the wings before, and had no idea how they worked. After killing Yama, I fucked up a jump with them, and fell almost the full length of the level. If I hadn't been hoarding health with the Kapala the drop would have killed me.

But today, was not that day!

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    So I was having a pretty good run today. Cleared the ice caves, and I thought "Man This is going good, but I sure could use some bombs"

H9uzNeQ.jpg

Thanks, Spelunky!

Also I beat Olmec for the second time. Yay.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Matter of fact, all those bombs were what won the game for me.

I just blasted a huge hole in the floor and then hopped on top of Olmec and made him jump right in.

Easy peasy!