As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2014 Sochi Olympic Games!

1222324252628»

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    And back-to-back for the first time since the Soviets in 84/8!

• Options
    notdroidnotdroid Registered User regular
    It's been ages since I've woken up so early on a Sunday, but I'll be damned if it wasn't totally worth it.

The things we do for hockey.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Someone tell Carey Price's hair he just played a hockey game lol

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    The official auction site is now online. Always one of the fun sideshows of the Olympic endgame.

One of the early items placed up for bids: a game-used puck from an early round match between the Czech Republic and Sweden. Jaromir Jagr scored with it as part of a 4-2 losing effort.

It attracted one bid, and sold for $38. It was lucky. Some of the early items didn't get a bid at all.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Closing Ceremony about to start; let's get that torch shut off and get the hell out of here.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Jeez, you can buy like, 38 pucks for that much down at sport check. And they're brand new.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I suppose, then... I started it in Vancouver for this equivalent thread, continued it in London, and it's Sochi's turn.

With the cauldron extinguished in NBC's coverage, it's time. I present the Denouement. It is way, way too much of a wall of text to put here, so I'll leave it as a link.

Gosling on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Female reporter recounts how she was almost a victim of human trafficking through an offer linked to the Sochi Games.

http://m.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/it-happened-to-me-human-trafficking-at-the-sochi-olympics

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    That's awful and everything but I imagine you can find similar stories with any big sporting event in a foreign country.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    There were stories of trafficking running up to and during Super Bowl weekend. So 'Merica is definitely not immune.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Oh I wasn't implying that. Just figure it's easier to kidnap American women if the event is overseas.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    Oh I wasn't implying that. Just figure it's easier to kidnap American women if the event is overseas.

It doesn't even need to be overseas, get them to travel where you can send a car to pick them up and drive them to a location of your choosing.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski