As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Valentine's Day Thread for Luhvahs and Lonely Hearts

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    I'm going to stop by the meat market near my office on the way home and get some really nice steaks for Sier and I. Then come home and make dinner.

Then we'll probably watch a movie, or play video games.

Or even, if we're feeling daring, BOTH!

Whoa WHOA

this is a kid-friendly forum, buddy

keep that shit private

You're not the boss of me!

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    My plan is simple: go to a bar wearing a Thor costume, carrying a Mjolnir, and have on a t-shirt that says "Ask me about the hammer." If a young lady is so bold as to ask me about said hammer, I shall smile, nod knowingly, and whisper

hE2DD81CF

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    celebrated galentine's with my favorite person, baby niece

tomorrow I am eating lunch with my parents and then having a heart shaped pizza for dinner with my sister-in-law, her sister, and baby niece

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    My plan is simple: go to a bar wearing a Thor costume, carrying a Mjolnir, and have on a t-shirt that says "Ask me about the hammer." If a young lady is so bold as to ask me about said hammer, I shall smile, nod knowingly, and whisper

hE2DD81CF

oh so it's detachable

lovely trick, that one.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Jesus Christ it's 2014

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular

Goddamn. I have some free live tracks Cold War Kids put out around 08, that I listen to all the time and now it's 6 years later.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ it's 2014
    1 year 8 months 1 week and 1 day for Mattell to put out a hoverboard.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    my last message to nida, just so those of you who care can get an idea of my feelings and mental state at present and whatnot on it. i've been slowly filtering out of the forums but i think even more and more i'll lurk sometimes and post in the fighting games thread mostly. i just don't want anyone wasting any energy worrying about me.

it's long but not deeply personal.
    You were right baby. You ARE right. In the end I think the path we were on WAS leading to darkness. I think that man might just have saved us. If not as a couple, as individuals. We were with our soulmate but it wasn’t quite right. I understand what you meant now.

I think you need space. From everything and everyone. Including me. Maybe especially me. I spent so much time embedded in your brain doing my best to make sense and figure out every little thing that happened inside that beautiful mind. I spent so much time figuring out the best way for you to do things and worrying about when the next bad thing would happen and it was unhealthy for both of us. It was what you needed then but it isn’t what you need now. What you need now is time and space to breathe and to really figure out and love who Nida is. And baby I’m so excited for you.

I think I need space too. I was so devoted and it was going to be my downfall. I literally only cared about you, nothing else mattered, and that can only go for so long before I was gonna crash and burn. I was so obsessed with being in tune with you that I paid too little attention to myself. Which was 100% absolutely my fault. But, admittedly, has definitely started to change. But I sill think I have change and growth to make on my own.

I’m asking for help. You taught me that it’s okay that I’m not perfect. You taught me that I genuinely deserve help and love and kind gestures, that I don’t need to manipulate it out of people. I actually told Joey a lot about me today. It helped him understand a lot about me, go figure huh? It’s nice. I’m changing baby. I’m growing. You taught me so much and I want you to know I won’t squander it. I’m gonna prove all your hard work to love and teach me wasn’t for nothing.

You were right. You really were. You made the best decision for both of us. You looked at it and you made the decision you felt had the happiest ending for both of us. And I really understood that today. A lot of things made sense today. But the one thing that I really came to understand is that this is the right path. This is what we need. Both ‘us’ as one and ‘us’ apart.

I still believe that the people we were then aren’t the people we are now. And in that way we are reborn every moment. And so I believe that the people we are someday might be the people who are meant to be together, but for now we need to take our own paths.

I believe that you’ll always remember me. That you’ll always think of me fondly. That in your mind there will never be anyone better. That you’ll always do your best to make me proud. Because baby I swear I’ll be doing the same.

I think what it took was hearing that if it ever felt right, you would come back. I think that was all I needed. Because then I’ll know that if you don’t come back, it really wasn’t meant to be. And should that be the case, I’ll still believe that our love and our connection will linger on. That we’ll find each other in the next life. No regrets, no grudges, no anger. You’ll always be my bunny,

Happy Valentine’s Day, Nida. Thank you for everything. I love you forever, baby.

i'm still crying a lot but in between i feel okay. i hope you all have a happy valentine's day, with or without someone beside you.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    1. Pick up girlfriend from train station.
    2. Buy her a nice dress
    3. Go to fancy local restaurant
    4. Lego movie
    5. I didnt plan this far yet...

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    1. Drive to girlfriend's apartment to pick her up, hopefully not dying on ice.
    2. Give her basket containing wine, cheese and meats, crackers, chocolate, flowers and cards.
    3. Have her read the card, which reads "Roses are red, violets are blue, in all my fan fiction I ship me X you" (She is a big fan fiction nerd) and hope she doesn't kick me out for being a dweeb.
    4. Drive off to a cafe for coffee and food, try not to die on ice again.
    5. Drive back to her place, cuddle and watch Kurosawa films.
    6. Spend the night and try not to freeze in the night as her cat steals the blankets.

I'm excited!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey so remember there's that girl from next door who's really into me but got upset when she saw her friend kiss me the other night

well she hasn't spoken to me since Sunday and she only spoke to the other girl on Monday to tell her she wasn't mad but then promptly stopped talking to her too so hahahahaha I am a one-man emotional demolition team, go me, I'm gonna go out of town this weekend and get shithouse drunk

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I have a valentine!

For the first time in...a number of years that I don't want to say because it was kind of depressing!

But not this year

This year the streak is broken

And so I feel compelled to post some Outkast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRAWwdzNL6c

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Starting off strong by catching up on work emails at 6am. Following that up with a couple hours exciting finance meeting and then off to the office to catch up on everything else.

Might go to a play tonight if this cold doesn't shut me down.

• Options
    Oh I almost forgot I'm gonna wash my car tomorrow
    I think it's love, guys

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    ofVV8cQ.png

Everyone can be my valentine

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    No Robot Cupid I will not play your game this year
    My arrows will only kill

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    OH SHIT GUYS I JUST LOADED UP MY QUIVER.

WHO WANTS MY SHAFTS IN THEM?

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    No Robot Cupid I will not play your game this year
    My arrows will only kill

Grey ghost will now get all of the arrows

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    Everybody run
    I don't want to hurt you

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    RIGHT IN YO MOUF GG.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Everybody run
    The homecoming queen's got a gun

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    My quiver has been filled with four arrows.

Didn't know I could even fit that many in

• Options
    It's easier if they're not attached to anything else. Less of a logistical nightmare that way.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    It is me, I will be the dispenser of love this day.

• Options
    I was shot by somebody named Technicus Rex, who is banned and has not been active since last August
    have I been wooed by an actual ghost

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Last year I ended up at Disneyland without realizing I went on Valentines Day.

Let me tell you, THAT was a depressing day to be single.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I can't shoot grey ghost and it is breaking my heart

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    oooooh

I'm all a-quiver

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Begone with you, compliance timer

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    GG go put on your Hawkeye shirt and start shootin'

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Pffft, arrows....

I have another badger for my collection! :o

valentines2014.png

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    I don't even remember what these silly arrows do

Beside go bang bang :winky

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hey so remember there's that girl from next door who's really into me but got upset when she saw her friend kiss me the other night

well she hasn't spoken to me since Sunday and she only spoke to the other girl on Monday to tell her she wasn't mad but then promptly stopped talking to her too so hahahahaha I am a one-man emotional demolition team, go me, I'm gonna go out of town this weekend and get shithouse drunk

Be proactive and apologize for it

"Hey I'm not sure if <event> made you feel uncomfortable, but I'm sorry and I didn't mean to make you feel bad or put out in any way."

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I was going to save my arrows for something special, but it seems I've blown my load early :\

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    GG go put on your Hawkeye shirt and start shootin'

I was wearing the Hawkeye shirt at the bar that disastrous night
    I think anything involving arrows is bad news bears for me

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    oh god it said I got bogey in the frenulum but not which frenulum

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    No valentine's stuff for me this year, as far as I know! Still kinda dealing with the fallout of everythin'.

I hope you all have wonderful Valentines fun, though!

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    The fun one.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    some of you seem to be missing the point of this exercise

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
This discussion has been closed.