As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Acer 5737z shuts off by itself! (Fan doesn't work)

andrefrsilvaandrefrsilva Registered User new member
When I start it, the fan works for a second and then shuts down. Then after a couple of minutes or seconds (it's shortening) the computer shuts off (at that moment the fan works again for a millisecond).
There's a print screen a second before it shuts off:
7b37.png

I already cleaned all components and also the thermal paste. Didn't work.

I should also say that I'm using a different charger (using: 20V 3.25A / original: 19V 3.42A). But the same happens when I'm using its battery, so I don't think this is the issue.

I appreciate your help.

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    If the fan starts then stops working then you should probably replace the fan. A computer will shut itself down for safety if the temperatures for core components get too high. It shows right there in your picture that the GPU temp is at 94, replace the fan and hope that you didn't damage anything.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Still under warrant?y cause then just rma it.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    If it doesn't void your warranty, or if its out of warranty and you feel you can safely get at the components, you might have a nice dust clog in there, taking some canned air to it might help reduce some of that heat but yeah if your fan isn't spinning with those temps, there is an issue.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    The problem is the computer getting too hot because the fan isn't working. Its not working because either the fan is clogged, it's broken, or its not being told to run. If it is clogged, unclog it and it should work. If it is broken replace it. If it's not being told to run them its either a software problem or a hardware fan controller is broken on the motherboard which on a laptop is replacement territory.