As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Question for the people flying into SEA

DysphoriaDysphoria Registered User regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
How are you getting from the airport to your hotel/Meydenbauer Center?
Taxi? Rental car?
Is there some sort of shuttle that can take you there?

Idle hands spend time at the genitals.
Dysphoria on

• Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited August 2004
    It's about a 20 minute drive from the airport, provided traffic isn't an issue. I know of no shuttle.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    WhitePantherWhitePanther Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Call your hotel to see if they provide a shuttle. I'm staying at the Ramada, and they have a shuttle, but I guess I'd have to call when I land. If public transportation is more your speed, all the details you'd need are at http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/ but since I'm landing at like 10:30pm, I don't think that's something I want to try. I'll just go for a cab up for simplicity's sake, but going back the shuttle or bus might work.

WhitePanther on
  • Options
    terrixterrix Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Rental car for me, was gonna pay a cab.

What time are you coming in? If you need a ride for one person at 1am Saturday morning from the airport to Doubletree and you don't have a lot of luggage I might be able to fit you in as we have a 4 person car and I am bringing two friends.

terrix on
  • Options
    DysphoriaDysphoria Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I'm planning on flying in at 6pm on Friday afternoon. I don't think I'd want to wait around 5 hours for a ride. Thanks for the offer though.

Dysphoria on
    Idle hands spend time at the genitals.
  • Options
    JoshEEEJoshEEE Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    If your hotel doesn't offer one, The Seatac airport has shuttles (which you can book down by baggage claim). They take awhile, but they match you up with 6 other people going your way and you get on a big van with 8 other people and it ends up being about 10-15 dollars per person. I don't remember the exact cost, but it's fixed. I've taken these a few times, and they're not bad.

A cab from the airport to Bellevue will run you 30-40 bucks depending on traffic and tip.

JoshEEE on
    Bring it

GWgFmYD.png
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited August 2004
    For those of you who aren't from this neck of the woods, I strongly suggest instead of heading up 405 directly to Bellevue, going up I-5 then taking I-90. It's only about 5 minutes longer, and the view from the floating bridge is well worth it on our rare sunny days.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    BandeckoBandecko Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    The plan for me is to take a rental car. Me and my girl plan to do some cruising around the Seattle area a bit before and after. We plan to move to the area in a year or so.

Bandecko on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I will be flying in from New York on Friday at 8pm. I actually live near Seattle, but I'm going on vaction next week. I may be able to give rides from the airport, since I will be there anyway. Email me if you are a taker.

TrainwreckX on