As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HD Connections?

Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, so I could use a bit of advice in getting everything hooked up.

I've got an Olevia 332H, which has one component input. I've also got a DVD/VCR player and a cable box, both of which would like to use the component output (ie, I've got 2 sets of component cables). There's no HDMI outputs, but the TV has HDMI and VGA inputs. The cable box has DVI output.

So, what would be the easiest and/or best solution? Get a splitter to take both component inputs and then send one out to the TV? Or can I use DVI to HDMI (which will then need audio cables, right)?

Doctor Detroit on

• Options
    redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You could use a DVI/HDMI for the cable box if you want, but yes of course you'd need audio going somewhere.

In the long run, I'd recommend investing in a home theatre system. Tons of inputs both composite and component, digital audio and also the obvious good sound.

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Thanks. That's what I was thinking. And a home theatre is a good suggestion, but since we just upgraded the tv, and have a baby on the way, that'll have to wait.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You should be able to exchange your cable box with your cable provider with one that has an HDMI connection on the box. I did that when I got my new TV there wasnt any charge for it since it was the same type of box they just had 2 models one with HDMI and one without. So call you cable provider and find out.

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!