As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[removed]

TaekoTaeko Miami, FLRegistered User regular
edited April 2015 in Help / Advice Forum
This post has been removed.

Taeko on

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    1) this might be something you want to call their helpline about, if you call during the day on a weekday the wait shouldn't be too long.

2) no you do not need to be employed, the survey will ask you about employment and annual salary, this is just to determine what you qualify for.

3) the deadline was pushed back from January to March after all the problems the website had when it first launched. If you miss the deadline this first year, I think it is just a smallish fine ($70-$90) whereas every other year it will be a percentage of income.*

* I'm not 100% sure about this last part, it is just what someone told me back when I had to go through all this crap a couple months back.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    1) A Healthcare navigator (the term for the people trained to help you) sounds like a great idea since you've got complications. The ACA is administrated on the State level and all the places you mention are in Washington so that shouldn't be too big an issue.

2) If you make less than 133% of the poverty line you'll qualify for Medicaid. This depends on which state you "live" in, Republican hellscapes have refused this portion. I can't imagine Seattle would fall into that category though.

3) It's actually a percentage this year as well, all of them are fixed amount or percentage. It's unlikely you'll pay more than the $93 dollars this year though.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TaekoTaeko Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    This post has been removed.

Taeko on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    And just be aware, because it doesn't seem like you are from the OP, this isn't giving you healthcare (well, unless you qualify for medicaid). It is just requiring you to purchase acceptable health insurance of some kind with a subsidy if you qualify for it. It also makes it tremendously easier to get insurance from on your own instead of just through employment.