Options

[PSN] 20 Jan - 10% Off Weekend | REmake | Ironclad Tactics | Citizens of Earth

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I don't thnk PS+ freebies switch out today. Duke Nukem is listed as Jan 13 release, and that's one of the IGC games, right?

Also, do the RE Revelations 2 episodes really come out a week apart? Why not just release the whole game at once then? That seems silly.

PS+ freebies DO switch out today, just downloaded Duke Nukem and Woah Dave to my Vita in fact.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Store is updated with the new PS+ new games and Duke Nukem is available for download (and free) for PS+ subscriber.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ah, the list I saw was probably just incorrect.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Ah, the list I saw was probably just incorrect.

It was listed as next week on the store but just today announced as releasing today. Guessing Sony opted to bump it up a week for the IGC.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yep, as said, the Store Update is live.
    January’s Free PS Plus Games

-(PS4) inFamous: First Light
    -(PS4) The Swapper
    -(PS3) Prototype 2
    -(PS3) Ducktales Remastered
    -(Vita) Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition
    -(Vita) Woah, Dave!
    Sales

Platform Title Regular Sale Original Price

PS4 Pinball Arcade Season One Pro Upgrade $4.99 $9.99
    PS4 Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Bundle $14.99 $29.99
    PS4 Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Pro Bundle $19.99 $39.99
    PS3 Pinball Arcade Season One Pro Upgrade (Cross Buy with PS Vita) $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 Pinball Arcade Season Two Pro Upgrade (Cross Buy with PS Vita) $4.99 $9.99
    PS3 Pinball Arcade: Season Two Pass (Cross Buy with PS Vita) $14.99 $29.99
    PS3 Pinball Arcade: : Season 1 Bundle (Cross Buy with PS Vita) $14.99 $29.99
    PS3 Pinball Arcade: : Season 1 Pro Bundle (Cross Buy with PS Vita) $19.99 $39.99
    PS3 Pinball Arcade: : Season Two Pro Pass (Cross Buy with PS Vita) $19.99 $39.99
    PS Vita Pinball Arcade Season One Pro Upgrade (Cross Buy with PS3) $4.99 $9.99
    PS Vita Pinball Arcade Season Two Pro Upgrade (Cross Buy with PS3) $4.99 $9.99
    PS Vita Pinball Arcade: Season 1 Bundle (Cross Buy with PS3) $14.99 $29.99
    PS Vita Pinball Arcade: Season Two Pro Pass (Cross Buy with PS3) $19.99 $39.99
    PS Vita Pinball Arcade: Season One Pro Bundle Pack (Cross Buy with PS3) $19.99 $39.99
    PS Vita Pinball Arcade: Season Two Pass (Cross Buy with PS3) $14.99 $29.99

-(PS3) Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition ($9.99, Cross Buy w/ Vita)

-(Vita) Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition ($9.99, Cross Buy with PS3)
    -(Vita) Woah Dave! ($4.99, Will be Cross Buy when PS4 version releases)

So, uh, yeah. It's basically like this week was solely to release the IGC games. The Swapper, I think is Cross-Buy with Vita (I don't think there was a PS3 version?), Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition is Cross-Buy between PS3 and Vita (No PS4 version?) and Woah, Dave! will be Cross-Buy when the PS4 version comes out. So, as always, even if you don't have the one platform, 'buy' them so you get/can get the version for the platform you do own.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    PSNow seems like a good value proposition, and if I'm not particularly excited about it, it's only because I've spent a year collecting more games than I have time to play on the IGC and in flash sales.

It has real disruptive potential, though. Get that app in more TVs. Hell, get it in the iOS store with Bluetooth support for Dualshock.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Is it known whether Duke Nukem is eventually coming to PS4 as well?

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    This month's Plus alone turned out kind of worth the price of one year for me. If I looked at this checkout-screen in any other context and saw the Plus-cost as the total, I would feel like I got a good deal.

PLA on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    The Swapper, I think is Cross-Buy with Vita (I don't think there was a PS3 version?)

It's a 3-way Cross-Buy.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So Smite is hitting XBone sometime soonish. Any word on a PSN release? I mean, I have an XBone but I have more people to play with on PS

Been interested in Smite for a while, so I'm excited it's at least hitting a console I own!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I really want to play Transistor, but not for 20.00.

That needs a sale please. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    It was on sale for less than $10 a few weeks ago. You just missed it!

• Options
    I've heard that Tears to Tiara 2 has a dumb and pointless plot, but how's the fightan, though? Any rad elephant-tech?

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    It was on sale for less than $10 a few weeks ago. You just missed it!
    It was $7.99 on 11/28 in the US.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    So by "a few weeks" I meant "over a month"

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Aw, I missed it. That stinks. Hopefully it'll go on sale again. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    So by "a few weeks" I meant "over a month"
    To be fair, that was right before the Winter Sale kicked off, so it would be easy to have them run together in your mind.

• Options
    PSN-interface on Vita is basically a hotdog. I know that a hotdog isn't software, but that's kind of my point.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    There's no PAL store update this week.

The Plus stuff should be up today (I haven't had a chance to check yet) and there's some sales.

Vanquish for €4 should be pretty much impossible for anyone to pass up.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So I hear PSN is down again?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237/~/psn-status:-online

Heavy network traffic causing latency. But should be up from what I see

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I have seen the future and it is Shareplay. Had lots of fun tonight messing about with it. Demo'd Driveclub to a friend by driving about then passing him control (a bit of buffering but I think that's down to his slow connection and the latency issues of PSN).

Then we moved on to some Nidhogg, local couch co-op via screensharing! Sportsfriends doesn't work shareplayed though (Seems an EU issue, oddly) so we went to Towerfall next.

Shareplay is wonderful. I just thought I'd share that.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    There's no PAL store update this week.

The Plus stuff should be up today (I haven't had a chance to check yet) and there's some sales.

Vanquish for €4 should be pretty much impossible for anyone to pass up.

By the time they update it next week, it will have been just under a month since the last update. So pathetic.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    A problem with PSN is that I don't remember what I have. I don't fucking remember. I'd need a list or something.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    You couldn't go to your download list? It's not great, but it should show you everything you've "bought."

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Yeah, but there are grues.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    The PS4 library is handy for this, obviously not much good for PS3 games but it'll come in to its own as time goes on.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I don't like the library on PS4 as is. I feel that the library needs a filter for "only downloaded games".

That, and to realise that the Destiny Alpha and Beta aren't coming back.

JusticeforPluto on
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Yeah, but there are grues.

Consider whose fault it could be,
    not a torch or a match in your inventory.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I don't like the library on PS4 as is. I feel that the library needs a filter for "only downloaded games".

That, and to realise that the Destiny Alpha and Beta aren't coming back.

Being able to pull stuff off of the library view would be very nice. there are demos and betas and such that I really don't need there anymore.
    And being able to filter out stuff that's already installed/not installed as needed would be nice. Like there is promise there! Just let us weed through it

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I just wish my Vita/PSTV would filter out everything that I can't download from the list. I've had a PSN account for several years, there's a ton of stuff in it, why show me things I can't download to the device I'm using?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    And how hard would it be to give me goddamn sorting options for my download list?

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I mean, the list lacks the dumbest option: HIDE SHIT I CAN'T DL ON THIS MACHINE
    sheesh

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    jesus fuck yes

please don't show me Rocksmith DLC songs or whatever the hell those damn things are ever again

it's like for reals 5 pages long of that crap

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Also, fucking themes and avatars
    pages and pages of themes and avatars from back when they were free for a day in 2010 or something.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Had no idea that Loadout was released. Anyone tried it? Is it any good?

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    Had no idea that Loadout was released. Anyone tried it? Is it any good?

I played about an hour or two of it before I hit the Pay To Win wall, uninstalled after that.

It's a solid game ruined by being FTP, I might have spent 20 bucks on it for the full game and then with some cosmetic things being DLC, but as it stands it's just another outstretched begging hand I'll ignore.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    So this website has created a massive list of PS4 Console exclusives (I know i hate that term too but just let it be) coming in 2015 packed with game I didn't even know existed!

http://psgamer.co.uk/ps4/4583/all-70-ps4-console-exclusives-in-2015/

Like these Gems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml11KNQryfA

and
    Collectems

One of the few downsides to have a PS4 and not a Wii U is that fact that there is absolutely no hope of us ever getting a Pokemon game on our beloved console – but fear not. Developers The Layabouts are developing Collectems, a Pokemon Red/Blue inspired monster fighting game, which will be arriving in 2015 on the PS4 and PSVita. You can follow development by visiting the The Layabouts website.

Collectems_fullcolor.png

zllehs on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Welp my PS4's power supply has apparently gone bad so I need to get it replaced

And it's out of warranty

Terrific

Guess I'm not playing Dragon Age after all

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I rented Diablo 3 from Redbox and played it with my husband. The next day I went out and returned it, and then bought a copy from Gamestop. It's not Diablo 2 but then, nothing really beats the nostalgia of your first game obsession and it stands well on its own.

Not sure why I hated it so badly when I tried it on my PS3. I'm guessing it's partly because the PS3 controller feels so cheap and awful compared to the new DS. It's so heavy and solid feeling and satisfying to hold.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
This discussion has been closed.