As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TECH] WHO SMARTWATCHES THE SMARTWATCHMEN (nerds inside)

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I don't have anything tech related to say just wanted to let y'all nerds know

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i like u 2

poo
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my most used forum text expander snippet is

054Psyduck.png

poo
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I got a game on android called pacific fleet it is really fun

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    See it is a turn based strategy game of naval combat in ww2. You give each of your ships a move order and a shoot or other secondary order on your turn then the ai takes its turn, you gain points for how well you do each battle and you can spend those to buy different ships or upgrades for your other ships.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    My wife and I are thinking of getting a Nexus 7 with some tax return money. It's tough to beat that price point, but any other suggestions?

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    The Nexus 7 is a darn solid tablet, especially for the price point

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    My grandparents gave me back an old eMachines laptop of mine from like 2009. I had given it to them so they could learn to use the internet and computers in general. Well they had not used it more than like once in the time they've had it so back to me it went.

I figured it was just something I would junk or send to Goodwill or something but it turns out that it uses an old AMD S1 socket. I could go up to a mobile Phenom X4 with that socket and it's pretty easy to upgrade according to the YouTube video made for exactly this model.

I figure if I slap a Phenom tri-core CPU with the same TDP in there along with a small SSD I can keep the battery life at a decent place and make a really usable system for less than $100.

Yay for keeping old technology useful!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote: »
    I'm considering selling my MacBook Pro Retina (original model) and just using my desktop PC for the time being. I need the money for plans, and I really only use the laptop at home anyway.

Then I figure if I need/want something portable down the line I can get a tablet or Chromebook

alright so I finally moved over to my PC (haven't sold the MBP yet), but Retina display and high-PPI phones make this monitor look like shit now

• Options
    Is anyone using the Chrome beta that's supposed to always listen for the Ok, Google key phrase if you have Google or a new tab open?

I've got it installed but it doesn't seem to want to listen (I have to click the microphone button rather than having it just dark grey all the time

• Options
    ) cause i forgot to close those brackets

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Nothing wrong with being open ended

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    That's a parentheses, Mike. A bracket is [

GOD

Langly on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    A bracket is god

I thought lemmy was god

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    That's a parentheses, Mike. A bracket is [

GOD

if i was gonna write a thesis on parents i would've had a much longer post langly

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I had a dream where I had a pebble and I was so happy and my pebble broke and so did my heart

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I had a dream where I had a pebble and I was so happy and my pebble broke and so did my heart

If you ignore what thread we're in this post is a lot funnier.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Is Chrome for iOS stuttering a PA Forums issue or a lots-of-sites issue?

Was thinking about going back to it as my main browser but MAN is that annoying

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    What do you mean by stuttering? It works pretty good for me. Only issue on these forums is the hamburger menu popping up for a split second every time I open a thread.

• Options

when I scroll up or down in it

there's a one to two second hitch where it like...hiccups and then catches up to where it should be scrolling-wise

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Hmm, that does happen sometimes. I think it's the top and bottom menu getting displayed. Only happens here, I think.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    We picked up an iPad Air over the weekend to replace a Macbokk which was on its last legs.

My fiancée talked herself into it by deciding that having a portable device for documents regarding the wedding would be useful, as we're doing a lot of travelling to venues and stuff. It'll also act as a jukebox for the reception if we get the right DJ app.

She warned me to not fill up the hard drive with a bunch of games.

Two days later, she's playing Threes for over two hours at a time. Purchase vindicated, I think.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I finished moving my PC to a new case yesterday and I'm never doing that again. Next time I'm just gonna pay a professional. It took me hours and my back was killing me afterwards.

I'm currently attempting my second windows install of the day. Hopefully this one works.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Ah I lost my stylesheet for stylish that made reactions permanently appear at the bottom of posts and hide a bunch of annoying stuff.

Anybody know where I can get that?

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    So since I'm leaving my job soon I have to get a replacement for my job provided cell phone and that means picking a carrier and everything. I've had Verizon for 5 years now and I guess the service is pretty good but I am open to alternatives. Sprint seems to have the cheapest unlimited data plan but I remember Sprint being pretty bad back in the day. Anyone have information on carriers (in middle America) they'd like to share?

Also, I think Twitter is draining the hell out of my battery. Is there a way to limit how often it refreshes?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I'm in Indiana.

I have Sprint.

I have great service. Better service than I ever had with T-Mobile.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I have AT&T and have generally good service everywhere. I would not recommend them for a single line though, they aren't the most competitive for that.

My girlfriend is on Verizon and she seems to have service everywhere. I have some dead zones but she never does. Their plans seem relatively fairly priced too. I would recommend them.

We exist in a triangle from Benton Harbor, MI to Chicago to Lafayette, IN though, so coverage is relatively good anyway. I got good reception in Indianapolis whenever I have been there, as has she. Indy is where you'll be, right? I thought I saw that in the job thread.

• Options
    Yes I am headed to Indy. Verizon service is pretty strong for me wherever I go but as I understand it they're the most expensive and it's certainly true they are the hardest to upgrade phones with. I also know my IT Admin at my current job does not love working with their customer service but that's probably true with most carriers.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Dunno what you're looking at in terms of phones and contracts but I'm using Aio wireless now, it's AT&T's prepaid thing and runs on their network. You have to bring your own phone or buy one full price but $45/month (if you autopay) gets you 2.5 gigs of high speed data (unlimited after that) and unlimited talk and text, $55 gets you 5 gigs. I like that it's month to month, I can do whatever with my phone, and that I got a cheap Lumia 620.

Peen on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Yes I am headed to Indy. Verizon service is pretty strong for me wherever I go but as I understand it they're the most expensive and it's certainly true they are the hardest to upgrade phones with. I also know my IT Admin at my current job does not love working with their customer service but that's probably true with most carriers.

Their customer service is pretty wretched for small business dealings. Better make sure the person who starts your business' account never leaves the company...

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »

Their customer service is pretty wretched for small business dealings. Better make sure the person who starts your business' account never leaves the company...

That already happened. The guy that took over when the last admin was fired is really good at browbeating Verizon reps into giving them what he wants.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    can we use this thread to laugh at bitcoin people

because

hahahahahaha

• Options
    Why don't people understand this is FAKE MONEY!

• Options
    The 28-year-old American CEO of a bitcoin exchange was found dead in or near her Singapore apartment yesterday in a possible suicide. This girl killed herself over FAKE FUCKING MONEY

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    whoa, what just happened here?

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    well, for some of these people it's very real in the sense that there are anecdotes of people who basically take all of their savings and convert it to bitcoin

those peoples lives are essentially ruined now

the price has dropped by 50% in less than a month and for the people who haven't had all theirs stolen, i'm not even sure they could convert them back now... you can't get money for them unless someone is willing to pay

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    You'll be just a short drive from me, Butters!

Bloomington represent

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    there's probably enough diehards where you could still find someone willing to pay

price dropping? that just means it's time to buy more!

:rotate:

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I have something like 0.24 cents in bitcoin.

You see.. my strategy is that Bitcoin may become super popular, and in 50 years I could be a billionaire without losing anything!
    K9YsFZy.png

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
This discussion has been closed.